Commanders planning a major upgrade to QB position?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hearing/reading it could be Wilson or Watson with Garoppole as a fallback. Either way, our days of mocking their QB position could be over (lol)

what did any of those qbs do imn the last 2 seasons where they overcame team deficits etc i mean they need qb and any of those could be an upgrade but doesnt make them so much better the cowboys have to lose sleep over it..just because it looks good on paper doesn't make it a immediate threat.

Carson

Reaction score
I doubt they really make these moves. They’d be giving away multiple picks

Jimmy G has one year left on his deal and a 26 million dollar cap hit. So they would have to extend him and he will be 31.

Wilson has a 37 and 40 million dollar cap hit.

They have some guys to resign like McLaurin, Payne etc

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
what did any of those qbs do imn the last 2 seasons where they overcame team deficits etc i mean they need qb and any of those could be an upgrade but doesnt make them so much better the cowboys have to lose sleep over it..just because it looks good on paper doesn't make it a immediate threat.

Let's put it this way.......Watson or Wilson would be miles better than their starter last season. That's an upgrade in my book. I'm not saying they'll suddenly dominate the division but def a better team.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Either of these guys would be an upgrade, but unless it's Watson or Wilson then I still don't consider them that much of a threat unless they can get that defense rolling.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I doubt they really make these moves. They’d be giving away multiple picks

Jimmy G has one year left on his deal and a 26 million dollar cap hit. So they would have to extend him and he will be 31.

Wilson has a 37 and 40 million dollar cap hit.

They have some guys to resign like McLaurin, Payne etc

They're $31.8M under the cap........

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Correct they have space … now.

Next year, Da’ron Payne, Cole Holcomb, Montez Sweat, Terry McLaurin, Matt Ioannidis, and Wes Schweitzer are all free agents. All are starters and are all some of their best players

Heard they are trying to extend Payne and McLaurin now. Just me, but I think they're going all ..........there's even talk of a possible Cousins reunion (LOL) read this......

As for Washington, a reunion would seem unlikely, but my sense is Cousins wouldn’t automatically rule out the Commanders should the opportunity become available. Allen is gone, for starters. Cousins’ agent, Mike McCartney, has strong ties to Rivera and team president Jason Wright, who was repped by McCartney during his playing career.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I heard they are looking for a young for Watson trade.

People acting like they shouldn't be worried about skins finally having a better qb then us lol

Carson

Reaction score

People acting like they shouldn't be worried about skins finally having a better qb then us lol
Ehhhh. I’m not worried.

They are loaded with a lot of talent that were high picks. They have a lot of impending free agents upcoming. It’s one of those if they trade for a QB they have a season to win it all. The cap will dwindle

Reactions: CWR

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Heard/read something similar.......they were willing to do what it took to get an elite QB, even open to trading Young ( that's screaming Watson, Wilson or Rodgers)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ehhhh. I’m not worried.

They are loaded with a lot of talent that were high picks. They have a lot of impending free agents upcoming. It’s one of those if they trade for a QB they have a season to win it all. The cap will dwindle

Alright dawg .........lol