Commanders planning a major upgrade to QB position?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Unless he gets cut June 1. Saints I hear wanna go a different direction at QB. I can easily see them drafting a QB early and starting him. Winston is coming off major injury and is viewed as a HUGE gamble. He will get cut or traded.

He's a free agent.......I'm guessing he signs a prove-it deal with them. Not sure you know, but he was having the best season of his career before the injury.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak destroyed those defenses last year utterly destroyed thinking they are a qb away is what i am referring too OVERREACTIONS and right now all rumors. go look at the Point dioferenctial in those games against our rivals utter jokes. It will improve them but wont make them a shoe in for squat..its why you play the games.

OK Blue......lol

Gaede

Reaction score
I hope they don't. Have been loving how weak the East is, primarily because the QBs all suck

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hearing/reading it could be Wilson or Watson with Garoppole as a fallback. Either way, our days of mocking their QB position could be over (lol)

Wilson whos under investigation for conduct unbecoming towards women joining forces with Washington. Also under investigation for conduct unbecoming towards women lol. Match made in heaven.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I’m expecting Jimmy G to land in Pittsburgh. Wilson has a NTC and I’ve read he ants to go to NY. Watson makes the most sense for the Commandos. Lol!

Hadenough

Reaction score
what did any of those qbs do imn the last 2 seasons where they overcame team deficits etc i mean they need qb and any of those could be an upgrade but doesnt make them so much better the cowboys have to lose sleep over it..just because it looks good on paper doesn't make it a immediate threat.
Wilson or Watson would elevate the players around them. They could become a dangerous team if it comes down to a meaningful game.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Scared? Scared??

Heaven forbid one of the other teams in this division gets a legit QB.

What then??

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Either of these guys would be an upgrade, but unless it's Watson or Wilson then I still don't consider them that much of a threat unless they can get that defense rolling.

Yes.
Wilson is on the downside, he needs a team to be set up to give him help. We seen that last season, as Seattle team not as it once was. Washington won't be that type of a team, unless they have a good off-season, they have the potential. But that defense not as good as many think.

I have never been sold on Watson. He has a strong arm, but that is about it. Truthful, I rather have Dak. However, if Watson had a team around him, then it may be different.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They can get under the cap easiest by trades. Not too many restructures built in. But getting far enough under to add that cap number would be really difficult, unless they work out an extension with a really low cap hit this next year. Not sure if that works or not

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Isnt this the reporter who just throws things out there and sees what sticks? I’m supposed to believe him meow?

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Correct they have space … now.

Next year, Da’ron Payne, Cole Holcomb, Montez Sweat, Terry McLaurin, Matt Ioannidis, and Wes Schweitzer are all free agents. All are starters and are all some of their best players
They will let some of these players walk/ payday always arrives

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wilson or Watson would elevate the players around them. They could become a dangerous team if it comes down to a meaningful game.
really what happened in Seattle and Texans then?? no one was elevated with B2B seasons for the texans.4-12 right? Wilson the last few years goes how the talent goes all what people say dak needs..stop talking smack about Dak yet try and make excuses for the other qbs..other players here seem to get the benefit of the doubt and our fans talk down about our say no excuses LMAO but of Hypocrites!

looks to me tb12 and rogers forgot how to elevate the first round huh? how about Titans had bye and laid and egg no elevation b no coaching overcame that do they..lmao..no they didnt.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I doubt they really make these moves. They’d be giving away multiple picks

Jimmy G has one year left on his deal and a 26 million dollar cap hit. So they would have to extend him and he will be 31.

Wilson has a 37 and 40 million dollar cap hit.

They have some guys to resign like McLaurin, Payne etc

Washington has shown in the past that it's not afraid to make big moves no matter the cost.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I’m not worried about Washington. They’re the only team that’s legitimately more dysfunctional than Dallas.

Hadenough

Reaction score
really what happened in Seattle and Texans then?? no one was elevated with B2B seasons for the texans.4-12 right? Wilson the last few years goes how the talent goes all what people say dak needs..stop talking smack about Dak yet try and make excuses for the other qbs..other players here seem to get the benefit of the doubt and our fans talk down about our say no excuses LMAO but of Hypocrites!

looks to me tb12 and rogers forgot how to elevate the first round huh? how about Titans had bye and laid and egg no elevation b no coaching overcame that do they..lmao..no they didnt.
Watson did more with less and beat the Cowboys when they went head to head. Wilson has rings and won on the biggest stage. Rodgers and Brady both have rings and won on the biggest stage so they deserve a pass. Dak hasn't done squat, other than look like a deer in the headlights. His redzone passing td percentage is awful. You put Watson or Wilson on the Cowboys and they go from being a joke to a threat to win it all.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They’re just going end up blowing more premium draft picks on a QB. They should have paid Cousins and built around him. Just like with Matt Stafford if you put the right team around Cousins you can win a championship with him.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Hearing/reading it could be Wilson or Watson with Garoppole as a fallback. Either way, our days of mocking their QB position could be over (lol)

Deshaun Watson won't be playing for anyone next year and Washington couldn't take the PR hit for trading for him even if he does play. Dan Snyder is in survival mode with all of the allegations against him.

Russell Wilson has a no trade clause in his contract which means he controls where he goes if the Seahawks try to trade him. I doubt very seriously that he would even look at Washington when there would be so many better options available if he were put on the trade block.

Jimmy G is a possibility but he doesn't scare anyone. The 49ers beat Dallas despite him. However, he is a an upgrade over their current QB.