Comparing Roster with Our Rivals in NFC East

timb2

Reaction score
Yes I know it's easy to feel we didn't hit a homerun draft,but looking at our rivals while everyone says they did so well. Truthfully not really.

Philadelphia still has crap at RB. They didn't draft a corner or safety. They didn't get a edge rusher.

Jordan Davis is big and his conditioning is questionable. Remember Dontari Poe was his size and really nothing special.

Eagles just mortgaged their future with AJ Brown. Good route runner,strong,but he is slow. Getting older in the league an Karma will have he catches an injury.

Nakobe Dean he is perfect as an Eagles LBer,but he is small. Run right at him and he will fold under the pounding

Eagles still have Jalen Hurts as their QB

I'm not worried about the Eagles.

New York Giants

They got two pillars in Neal and Thibodeaux. How good was Bama LT Alex Leatherwood last year for the Raiders? Not that good....Now Thibodeaux talented like everything also reminds me of another " Can't Miss "Jadeveon Clowney. Who really had no heart for the game. Thibodeaux could fall into this also..

Giants still have the same crappy QB and often hurt RB in Barkley.

I'm not worried about the Giants.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
Yes I know it's easy to feel we didn't hit a homerun draft,but looking at our rivals while everyone says they did so well. Truthfully not really.

Philadelphia still has crap at RB. They didn't draft a corner or safety. They didn't get a edge rusher.

Jordan Davis is big and his conditioning is questionable. Remember Dontari Poe was his size and really nothing special.

Eagles just mortgaged their future with AJ Brown. Good route runner,strong,but he is slow. Getting older in the league an Karma will have he catches an injury.

Nakobe Dean he is perfect as an Eagles LBer,but he is small. Run right at him and he will fold under the pounding

New York Giants

They got two pillars in Neal and Thibodeaux. How good was Bama LT Alex Leatherwood last year for the Raiders? Not that good....Now Thibodeaux talented like everything also reminds me of another " Can't Miss "Jadeveon Clowney. Who really had no heart for the game. Thibodeaux could fall into this also..

No doubt the eagles have question marks, but some of your comments I think are off. I don't think miles sanders is crap. He's averaging 5.1 ypc for his career. Zeke is averaging 4.5. On top of that, the eagles were the best ypg running team last year. Agreed the eagles didn't draft a corner or safety, and I do think those are huge holes that need to be filled. Fortunately there are players still available in free agency that I hope they sign. The eagles didn't get an edge rusher, but I don't think that was a need. We have josh sweat who made the pro bowl last year, Brandon graham coming back from injury, re-signed dereck Barnett and picked up Hassan reddick in free agency. I have no idea about Jordan Davis, fortunately he's in a situation where he can be eased into a role. Cox and hardgrave are the starters with Milton Williams as the back-up. I'm not sure how the eagles mortgaged the future with aj brown. It seems every year players sign big contracts, and after 2 or 3 years the money doesn't seem so big, plus just like Cooper, if they don't want the contract they can move the player. Not sure why you think aj brown is slow. His 40 time was in the 4.4's, if he is slow than what is ceedee lamb who timed in the 4.5's and 25 lbs lighter. With Cooper gone I think the eagles or the commanders now have the best receiving core in the division. Nakobe dean's medicals are worrisome, but I haven't seen any college footage where teams ran at him and he folded. Good luck with that one. Jalen hurts has to improve this year, if not the eagles may move on and have some future draft ammo to do so.

timb2

Reaction score
No doubt the eagles have question marks, but some of your comments I think are off. I don't think miles sanders is crap. He's averaging 5.1 ypc for his career. Zeke is averaging 4.5. On top of that, the eagles were the best ypg running team last year. Agreed the eagles didn't draft a corner or safety, and I do think those are huge holes that need to be filled. Fortunately there are players still available in free agency that I hope they sign. The eagles didn't get an edge rusher, but I don't think that was a need. We have josh sweat who made the pro bowl last year, Brandon graham coming back from injury, re-signed dereck Barnett and picked up Hassan reddick in free agency. I have no idea about Jordan Davis, fortunately he's in a situation where he can be eased into a role. Cox and hardgrave are the starters with Milton Williams as the back-up. I'm not sure how the eagles mortgaged the future with aj brown. It seems every year players sign big contracts, and after 2 or 3 years the money doesn't seem so big, plus just like Cooper, if they don't want the contract they can move the player. Not sure why you think aj brown is slow. His 40 time was in the 4.4's, if he is slow than what is ceedee lamb who timed in the 4.5's and 25 lbs lighter. With Cooper gone I think the eagles or the commanders now have the best receiving core in the division. Nakobe dean's medicals are worrisome, but I haven't seen any college footage where teams ran at him and he folded. Good luck with that one. Jalen hurts has to improve this year, if not the eagles may move on and have some future draft ammo to do so.
Why is a Eagles fan on a Cowboys board? Obviously obsessed by Dallas.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

New York Giants

philly has crap for RB, yet they were the #1 running team in the league. they just added depth at center. got a great DT to pair with Cox. got their WR, have their TE and still have two draft picks in 2023. they didn't mortgage their future, they went into win now and few years from now mode. they got a proven WR, instead of a rookie. they have the cap room. they are in better shape than the cowboys, who lost 2 starters and have a bunch of Jags on one year contracts filling the roster.

tm1119

Reaction score
Why is a Eagles fan on a Cowboys board? Obviously obsessed by Dallas.

I’m a cowboys fan and wanted to point out much you were wrong in the OP. Very little of what you typed in that long message is factually correct

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Sounds like whistling past the graveyard to me. Philly has significantly upgraded its roster this off-season. The whole question for Pilly is whether Hurts can take the next step. If so, I think they have to be favoured to take the division. If not, shapes up to be another season like last one for them: they'll stay within a few games of .500 all season long and probably make the playoffs in the end but be one and done.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
philly has crap for RB, yet they were the #1 running team in the league. they just added depth at center. got a great DT to pair with Cox. got their WR, have their TE and still have two draft picks in 2023. they didn't mortgage their future, they went into win now and few years from now mode. they got a proven WR, instead of a rookie. they have the cap room. they are in better shape than the cowboys, who lost 2 starters and have a bunch of Jags on one year contracts filling the roster.
Oh BTW, they may have the best OL in the league with plenty of depth

timb2

Reaction score
I’m a cowboys fan and wanted to point out much you were wrong in the OP. Very little of what you typed in that long message is factually correct
Did the Eagles get an edge rusher? No. Corner? No. Safety? No. Did they just give a 40 + million contract to a average speed WR? Yes. Has Miles Sanders done anything so far to stand out? No. Is Jalen Hurts still their QB? Yes.

timb2

Reaction score
Oh BTW, they may have the best OL in the league with plenty of depth
Lane Johnson can't stay healthy. Jordan Malata is a project,Andre Dillard is a bust. Go back to a Philthy board Eagles fan.

Verdict

Reaction score
Paragraphs are your friend. Use them.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Did anyone really watch the Eagles last season? I see posters would rag on the Cowboys about our schedule. The Eagles had the easiest schedule in the NFC last season. The only reason why they made the playoffs last season was because Washington got sick. When the Eagles played a good team they got smashed. I like their trenches. Best offensive line in the division coming into the season and the defensive line has no stars but deep and talented. Their quarterback is a running back. That is gonna be a problem because they have a good receiving core. The Cowboys still have the quarterback advantage over every team in the division. Our defense is the best in the division and our offense is too.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Did anyone really watch the Eagles last season? I see posters would rag on the Cowboys about our schedule. The Eagles had the easiest schedule in the NFC last season. The only reason why they made the playoffs last season was because Washington got sick. When the Eagles played a good team they got smashed. I like their trenches. Best offensive line in the division coming into the season and the defensive line has no stars but deep and talented. Their quarterback is a running back. That is gonna be a problem because they have a good receiving core. The Cowboys still have the quarterback advantage over every team in the division. Our defense is the best in the division and our offense is too.
We played same schedule as they didaybe except new England as the toughest of them. We played Washington and eagles undermanned as well, and eagles still put up ton of rushing yards in our defense. Their defense has Cox and as you said they are deep and just added a big time talent to the DL. We lost cooper, Wilson and Gregory. They gained AJ brown.

They are in better shape rosterwise than we are.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We played same schedule as they didaybe except new England as the toughest of them. We played Washington and eagles undermanned as well, and eagles still put up ton of rushing yards in our defense. Their defense has Cox and as you said they are deep and just added a big time talent to the DL. We lost cooper, Wilson and Gregory. They gained AJ brown.

They are in better shape rosterwise than we are.
You forgot about Detroit. Playing them and the Jets gave the Eagles a better record then Washington. We won the East easily. The division is a joke. What game were you watching when the Eagles put up yards on our defense. The 41-21 whipping or the last game of the season whipping. The latter the Eagles had their whole defense intact. You do realize we dominated the division like no other team in the history of the league last season right.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You forgot about Detroit. Playing them and the Jets gave the Eagles a better record then Washington. We won the East easily. The division is a joke. What game were you watching when the Eagles put up yards on our defense. The 41-21 whipping or the last game of the season whipping. The latter the Eagles had their whole defense intact. You do realize we dominated the division like no other team in the history of the league last season right.
Last game of season. They played their backups most of the game while we had starters well into 4th. They put up plenty of rushing yards, which was preview of things to come in playoff.

I just think they got stronger this off season while we got weaker and lost players. They closed the gap. They played better second half of season than we did.