Competition committee considering making pass interference reviewable

links18

Reaction score
I'm in favor of being able to challenge penalties.
I'm not in favor of being able to challenge for penalties.

Wouldnt have helped the Saints yesterday overcome an historically unjust non-call.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
May as well just get it over with and turn it into Madden Football already.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I also think in specific times like the saints game when it’s being displayed on every jumbo tron in the stadium that they should be allowed to correct the call or non call. As long as the next snap hasn’t happened. Coaches could then simply use a time out for the refs to see it.

Before then next snap in the saints game they replayed it 50 times on there jumbos. I noticed a few refs looking at it. Lmao. Could you imagine being the ref responsible for that area that was supposed to make that call watching that on the jumbo. Reminds me of that “ever want to get away” commercial.
At first, I was thinking they could just point at the Jumbotron, but that might not be fair to the visiting team.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the league wanted the rams in the superbowl because the saints didn't score points when their opportunities came in the end it came back to bite them when u don't take advantage of your opportunities in a game and its close the refs will get u every time if on the turnover by the rams in the redzone if the saints had scored td instead of field goals then the regs cant change the game

jsb357

Reaction score
they (NFL) wanted a rams chiefs rematch but NE kinda squished that idea.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, as long as they agree to finish the games on the same day they start...…..and not the following week.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Source - Rotoworld.com

Too much and will make the games longer and more boring.....in fact I have a feeling there looking to implement this to have more Commercials ......Saints got the short end no doubt but life is w life and @@@@ happens.....

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Bad idea. It's going to double the flags and extend the games.

I'm for more review, but with about 1/4 the number of rules in the rulebook.

The NFL needs to stop placating the PC side of this society and be what it is.
IT really has ruined the nature of the game

cern

Reaction score
tough call. but when a call affects the outcome of a game like yesterday's rams/saints, it should be reviewed. perhaps a quick look at the big screen. if it's obvious there, then refs should review it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Games are gonna take longer. Guess it depends on how they do it.

Like holding it probly happens most pass plays.
I know the NFL hates to be like the College game, but they do it right. They go through challenges quick, and their overtime is on point.

Brax

Reaction score
Source - Rotoworld.com
football being ruined right before our eyes, the entire rule book needs to be reviewed, touching the face mask lets review, PI, holding, it has reached the crazzy state , replay doesn't fix back call many times so whats the use.

lostar2009

Reaction score
What about holding? Saints cry foul and the whole world feel sorry. Get outta here. Welcome to what cowboys fans been used to for years!

cern

Reaction score
I also think in specific times like the saints game when it’s being displayed on every jumbo tron in the stadium that they should be allowed to correct the call or non call. As long as the next snap hasn’t happened. Coaches could then simply use a time out for the refs to see it.

Before then next snap in the saints game they replayed it 50 times on there jumbos. I noticed a few refs looking at it. Lmao. Could you imagine being the ref responsible for that area that was supposed to make that call watching that on the jumbo. Reminds me of that “ever want to get away” commercial.
I hadn't read the posts before making mine. I totally agree with what you've said.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
tough call. but when a call affects the outcome of a game like yesterday's rams/saints, it should be reviewed. perhaps a quick look at the big screen. if it's obvious there, then refs should review it.
That's great for the home team, but if there's a call that might work in favor of the visitors, the big screen may not show the play. :grin:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
They already have NFL reviewing players for concussion that they can immediately contact the field and take the player out. It would be easy to review a call or missed call by the official and correct it or enforce it.

It would not delay the game because referees discuss all penalties before enforcing. During that discussion NFL review can contact them and give their input like the referees on the field.

The NFL reviewed the Saints no call but knew it would be the end of the game with enforcing the penalty. You have an NFL stadium being built in LA and a young NFL superstar coach. There was no way the NFL was not going to let LA not go to the Super Bowl when it was one game within reach. Its all about money and the making of more money.
:rolleyes: that opined theory is of a factual double load of BULL S***,,, er,,, considering as how that whole "integrity of the shield" the League was so adamantly portraying during the #21's mandatory 6 game suspension of Federal Case proportions was implementedo_O

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's time, the way the game is covered, the camera angles, it's only showing the incompetence of the referees. That call yesterday wiped away an entire season in just a blink of an eye.
Yep
Which is exactly why instant replay was implemented to prevent a bad call from changing the outcome or end someone’s season.

And it failed miserably in New Orleans. That must be rectified. Even if it’s only in 4th qtr.

If not then stop showing instant replay over and over for millions to see the mistake.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Forget the review, how in the hell do they miss that call? How many eyes were on the WR and DB? Instead of talking about the replay, talk about the horrible officiating this season, the worst I have ever seen.

There is an official with the job of watching the QB, I saw a dozen missed facemask calls this season and about half of them had the QB's head turning at an odd angle.

How many times have you heard this phrase from an analyst? "Well, the refs are letting them play today". The rules are the rules, either the DB is holding or interfering or he's not and that should be standard from crew to crew, game to game.

If they're not going to train these refs any better than that, have a Mother Superior Ref at the games that can review anything he sees that was a missed call or miffed call. That one call affected the outcome and trip to the SB for one team. What if they'd missed the Dee Ford stupidly lining up off sides? Different outcome. The outcome of these games should not be dependent on the missed call of an official.

The NFL is notorious for not getting it right until they've gotten it wrong. What a pathetic excuse for a sports league, that is beyond embarrassing and sure as hell isn't going to quell the thinking that seems to be growing that the fix is in on some of these games.

F the NFL and F the SB.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The problem with your suggestion is that the NFL is already the embodiment of PC. That ship has sailed away several years ago. The redistribution of funds from Breast Cancer Awareness foundations and Military appreciation endeavors To Social Justice PACs was the straw that broke the camels back when it comes to NFL impartiality.
Good post,my Bro!,,,though, perhaps you might wanna' chill-it/ time-out afore you possibly draw some heat,,,if yer' catching my drift of "moderated" forum decorum:starspin::thumbup::starspin: