Twitter: Competition Committee says Dez caught it **merged**

BlindFaith

Reaction score
If you want a laugh, look at the title of the Total Access video in which Blandino talks about the 2015 "clarification" of the catch rule:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...81578/Dean-Blandino-explains-new-rule-changes

The segment runs 3 minutes plus, and he spends the entire first half of a segment about 2015 rule changes talking about the catch rule that he insists did not change.

It's semantics. They took out the football move and replaced it with "upright long enough," which redefined what a catch is. In the official statement from NFL Operations, they even made the mistake of using future tense when referring to a reach.

"Reaching the ball out before becoming a runner will not trump the requirement to hold onto the ball when you land."

If the rule was already that a reach doesn't trump going to the ground, and that rule didn't change, then why announce it with the 2015 rule changes? As a point of emphasis, they say. To remind everyone of the rule that was already in place.

OK, even if we buy that, why use the word "will" if you're just reminding everyone of a rule that was already in place? Shouldn't it be "reaching does not trump...?"
So now your argument is titles of articles? lol

Even if in the article it says "it was intended to clarify the old rule, but instead it has just caused more confusion"

It certainly has caused more of something. It's caused you to think there is a conspiracy amuck. I'm sure everyone who didn't know how the rule worked in 2014 are still confused because it didn't change.

How bout trying to explain the countless videos and articles that we posted? What do they mean?

I've addressed the one or two you could dig up.

blindzebra

Reaction score

Even if in the article it says "it was intended to clarify the old rule, but instead it has just caused more confusion"

It certainly has caused more of something. It's caused you to think there is a conspiracy amuck. I'm sure everyone who didn't know how the rule worked in 2014 are still confused because it didn't change.

How bout trying to explain the countless videos and articles that we posted? What do they mean?

LOL,
Here we go again. Every article you have posted has been a summary of a press release by Blandino. It isn't some vast conspiracy. EVERYTHING links directly to Blandino. You know the guy so bad at his job he no longer has it. The guy every fan base has called incompetent. Regardless of motive, every single piece of evidence points to the Dez play being mistakenly overturned. Every piece of supporting evidence you have given does what? Links directly to Blandino. He overturned it, he explained it, he headed the rule meetings for the competition committee. His mentor supported the catch rule until Blandino was gone then did a 180.

Your entire argument is based on misinterpreting what the rules say. A complete fantasy you made up to explain the case plays, that has no rule support, and the words of Blandino. But not all of his words, just the ones that support your fantasy agenda. Anything that doesn't was either misunderstood by us, or poorly explained by him. It is comical. You take the word of this incompetent, unable to explain the rules he supposedly an expert in, no longer employed person you have called an idiot repeatedly over actual facts.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Why is nothing you post before the Dez catch and rule change? Why do you ignore everything up to that point? It's certainly far more pertinent as it is what was in effect at the time of the play. You are doing this willfully. You even admit to not reading things and then complain when someone doesn't respond even though they have, several times. You don't want to know the truth or to understand, you want to be right, no matter how much you are proven wrong.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
How bout trying to explain the countless videos and articles that we posted?
How bout you explain why they're all from 2015 or later? The football move was used to satisfy the time requirement of the catch process from 2011-2014. Think of all the controversial catches/non-catches that must have happened over those four years.

Find an explanation from before 1/12/15 that mentions balance, momentum, gathering, bracing, or the player having to be upright or on his feet in order to establish himself as a runner. Or one that says a reach did not trump going to the ground, or that even suggests that a player couldn't complete the catch process while falling.

All those things they've been saying since 2015, find an example of them saying it before 2015.

Just one.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
How bout you explain why they're all from 2015 or later? The football move was used to satisfy the time requirement of the catch process from 2011-2014. Think of all the controversial catches/non-catches that must have happened over those four years.

Find an explanation from before 1/12/15 that mentions balance, momentum, gathering, bracing, or the player having to be upright or on his feet in order to establish himself as a runner. Or one that says a reach did not trump going to the ground, or that even suggests that a player couldn't complete the catch process while falling.

All those things they've been saying since 2015, find an example of them saying it before 2015.

Just one.
Go look through the other thread.

blindzebra

Reaction score

Just one.
This will be met by, the rule didn't change so why should I look for something. I don't have to prove anything, you do.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
That ended badly for them. I almost feel sorry. I was so looking forward to the “rule changes” before the 2014 season(boldfaced lie) that they hinged their entire argument against Blandino’s words on.

Ironically, they later had their butts handed to them about the rules clearly being changed after the 2014 season. That may have been their worst argument of the entire debate and that’s what ultimately ended it all.

I want the record to clearly reflect that after all of their childish insults two of them were throughly debate-manhandled, embarrassed, and went out with a whimper.

:starspin: