Congrats to Andy Dalton for a good game

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He rarely went deep (started watching 2nd quarter). Or did he?

Proof

Reaction score
Congrats to Andy for playing a pretty good and even gutsy game.
His 1st down diving run, hanging in the pocket.
The INT was just a great defensive play.
No fumbles, better pocket awareness.

Managed the game overall pretty well.

I was impressed and happy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Solid game from Andy especially coming off Covid and a Concussion. I think this is what we can expect from him. He's not as good as Dak but he's better than Gilbert. Somewhere in between both. A good first game back though. I Expect a even better game on Thursday.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah, the interception was a terrible throw. He threw behind an open Schultz right into the coverage. Should have been outside of Schultz leading away from coverage. Andy was throwing behind quite a bit in this game. Hopefully it was rust.

Still his best game with a star on his helmet.

Gaede

Reaction score
This is the kind of game you want from your backup QB. I still think he's leaving a lot on the table and is a threat to turn the ball over on pretty much every throw, but it was an OK performance that ended up with a W.

Big D

Reaction score
He got the W I'll take it. He did seem a bit hesitant. Lots of pump faking going on but again, I'll take it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dink and dunk QB. Wins with decent effort and without turning the ball over. Won't win in January playing that way just like he never won in Cincy playing that way.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
Got away with a few throws, but he secured the elusive win we've been waiting for! It was nice to see someone capable of utilizing all these receivers we have.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dink and dunk QB. Wins with decent effort and without turning the ball over. Won't win in January playing that way just like he never won in Cincy playing that way.

......and just like Dak has never brought us to a January game either....”Mr. 1-2 “in the playoffs

However I believe that if Andy can learn to “ command the huddle” like Dak did and prostitute himself out to at least 20 to 30 commercials and endorsements, he could have equal success here.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
He got the W I'll take it. He did seem a bit hesitant. Lots of pump faking going on but again, I'll take it.

He played the game that you hope for from your backup, as someone else in this thread wrote. Unfortunately backups usually fill in for a few games not the rest of the season. I still think Double G would play better.

bigE79

Reaction score
Congrats to Andy for playing a pretty good and even gutsy game.
His 1st down diving run, hanging in the pocket.
The INT was just a great defensive play.
No fumbles, better pocket awareness.

Managed the game overall pretty well.
All I know is this,we won an away game against a decent team or against any team since the beginning of last year..I think he had a good game and got a great win.