Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who's good with photoshop?
McLovin-SUPERBAD-Drivers-License-Replica.jpg

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Because the Cowboys aren't being honest about the progress of Travis Frederick to return as our C for the duration of the season. This gives McGovern some leverage to ask for more money.
I think the kid is going to step in at some point, and we won't miss a beat.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
solid pick at that point in the draft especially for a team that invests in keeping the OL tops...
Why some fans knock this pick, this investment is rather disturbing.
I think one of the best things Garrett could have done was start investing in the offensive line and developing that as a philosophy. Fans like the flash and dash positions like running backs and receivers. But games are won in the trenches. If this line is solid and strong, it helps the quarterback (Dak), the running back (Zeke) and the receivers (Gallup, Amari and Cobb).

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Connor McGovern, huh? Ah thank, ah laak it . . . ah laak it a lawt. :)

I hope it's the 2nd coming of Larry Allen; hey, it could happen!
I know, I know, it's not altogether too likely but . . .:grin:

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
solid pick at that point in the draft especially for a team that invests in keeping the OL tops...
Why some fans knock this pick, this investment is rather disturbing.

I read that they actually had McGovern rated higher than Trysten Hill on their board! That was quite surprising to me and I can see why they couldn't pass him up, even thought it wasn't a huge area of need.

I expect at some point, McGovern takes over at left guard while Connor Williams takes over at right tackle.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think one of the best things Garrett could have done was start investing in the offensive line and developing that as a philosophy. Fans like the flash and dash positions like running backs and receivers. But games are won in the trenches. If this line is solid and strong, it helps the quarterback (Dak), the running back (Zeke) and the receivers (Gallup, Amari and Cobb).

They seem to have realized that along the way and we've transitioned from favoring the "flash" players like you said and building the trenches. This year for instance, our first two picks addressed the interior of both lines.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I read that they actually had McGovern rated higher than Trysten Hill on their board! That was quite surprising to me and I can see why they couldn't pass him up, even thought it wasn't a huge area of need.

I expect at some point, McGovern takes over at left guard while Connor Williams takes over at right tackle.
I look at the OL as a flexible unit, as long as you keep investing talent into the positional group, you can always move the pieces around in order to improve areas of weakness.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Its our base line,, its the Cowboys standard, and an advantage over the rest of the league that invest elsewhere.
To be successful in the NFL you have to believe and invest in something that works, and be consistent, we slid last year due to TFred condition, and slightly ignoring the investment,,
we just reinvested.. this OL will again be a strength, and this teams base line.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I look at the OL as a flexible unit, as long as you keep investing talent into the positional group, you can always move the pieces around in order to improve areas of weakness.

I think I'm more of a fan of some level of specialization there. For instance, while I'm optimistic that Connor Williams will be improved this year, I still think they're playing him out of position at guard and that he's built to be a tackle. I know about the short arms factor (though it's not that big of a deal), but his feet and agility would serve him better outside in my opinion. And playing outside risks exposing any power limitations less than playing inside does.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think I'm more of a fan of some level of specialization there. For instance, while I'm optimistic that Connor Williams will be improved this year, I still think they're playing him out of position at guard and that he's built to be a tackle. I know about the short arms factor (though it's not that big of a deal), but his feet and agility would serve him better outside in my opinion. And playing outside risks exposing any power limitations less than playing inside does.
Bottom line Stash is that its a good problem to have, meaning that quality depth allows flexibility, and sets the stage for a very interesting camp.
Competition across the OL, WR, positions during camp will be especially entertaining and intriguing this year. .