Video: Connor Williams cost us the game

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think he decided that after he didn't like the offer. @BigWillie fisher's thoughts are he was offered the vet minimum.
That is typical jones boys business thinking, overpay few of the stars, and few lower level like crawford, and then lowball anyone else.
Drafting connor was a mistake, but his contract is Guaranteed, so they want to get some use out of him lol.
Should have offered leary a decent offer.

Ren

Reaction score
It feels like the only reason he’s still starting is that no one wants to admit drafting him in the 2nd was a mistake

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Went back to the game to watch Connor Williams screw up. He's the culprit in 2 Dak turnovers and the final sack.

6:10 INT - Pressure from defender running up Williams' gap while he blocks no one.
7:28 Fumble - Defender beats Williams for the forced fumble.
14:10 Final sack on Dak. Defender right up Williams' gap while he blocks no one.

Looks like you are making a lot of excuses to me. @ 6:10...Conner beat his man and saw the blindside block was struggling. That play could have been worse for Dak.

The throw? Behind the receiver of course. All Dak had to do was step UP to the right and the field is open. Either for a large run gain or a pass.

@7:28...Dak AGAIN refuses to step up into clear space.

@ 14:10? Yep..a LOT of space to the right. Just take off gawd!

Dak doesn't seem to want to move around much.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Come on men.

I challenge you to watch those replays again and focus on Dak and how he handled the situations.

I'm certainly not saying the o-line doesn't have it's warts but the plays pointed out in this thread do just as much to highlight some of the criticisms of Dak as they do Williams.

Blaming a single o-lineman for a loss is becoming a pattern. That should tell you something.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Went back to the game to watch Connor Williams screw up. He's the culprit in 2 Dak turnovers and the final sack.

6:10 INT - Pressure from defender running up Williams' gap while he blocks no one.
14:10 Final sack on Dak. Defender right up Williams' gap while he blocks no one.

:facepalm:

Gaede

Reaction score
Williams is blown up 2-3 times a game. No OL is perfect, and I don't think he's terrible. But he's a problem, for sure.

Carnes

Reaction score
Defense giving up 38 had nothing to do with the loss, it's all one person's fault. Smdh. Its a team sport

blueblood70

Reaction score
at 610 he threw into TRPLE FN COVERGE..right that 52s fault all the way LOL lie the game ender hucked it right into 3 defenders..

we get it Ol is struggling. defense struggling. but stop making excuses for daks mistakes. He made the choice to throw

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Our defense cost us this game.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This current staff should rightly be the entity to decide whether or not Connor Williams deserves to remain as our LG. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Connor McGovern was eventually destined to take his place. If not, it could easily be someone else, despite what Jerry might happen to claim.

visionary

Reaction score
the money they wasted on Poe [8.5 mil] should have been spent on a quality OL.

yes, let’s also spend the next 5 first round picks in the OL

At some point the ignorant fans on this board will learn the concept of building a team and not just an offense

:facepalm:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
at 610 he threw into TRPLE FN COVERGE..right that 52s fault all the way LOL lie the game ender hucked it right into 3 defenders..

we get it Ol is struggling. defense struggling. but stop making excuses for daks mistakes. He made the choice to throw

Some of these guys are damn tough on some of our players....and yet treat Dak like the special needs kid. Not that there's anything wrong with special needs CHILDREN. Dak is a grown ask man and makes plenty of mistakes just like the rest of em.

The three plays shown as "proof" connor "lost the game for us"....is proof of what I just said. All Dak has to do is go to open available open space....and these plays don't happen.