Video: Connor Williams cost us the game

blueblood70

Reaction score
Some of these guys are damn tough on some of our players....and yet treat Dak like the special needs kid. Not that there's anything wrong with special needs CHILDREN. Dak is a grown ask man and makes plenty of mistakes just like the rest of em.

The three plays shown as "proof" connor "lost the game for us"....is proof of what I just said. All Dak has to do is go to open available open space....and these plays don't happen.
yup poor pocket presence at times but his eyes i mean yes the rush was hot and you had to get rid of it but with all that GREEN why there.. poor pocket presence and filed vison..duck it and huck it chuck is back

glad his private field is helping.. hes definitely connecting with more Wrs but maybe simulating pass rushes might help more..

I like dak but hes not off limits to questioning his bad plays and decisions..

12+88=7

Reaction score
These people who go by the end score to justify a point are very disingenuous.

There were 14 points off turnovers and a safety to boot. In the Atlanta game there were 23 points off turnovers.

The defense is not perfect, but to believe that they are solely responsible for the points allowed is just wrong.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I just watched the final Cowboys drive again and noticed a few things. They threw a flag, ineligible man downfield on #73. He was not. He was at the LOS. Don't offensive lineman get a yard? The refs also ignored the obvious trip on the last play.

Prescott was pressured on the first 2 out of 3 plays. But between those first 3, and the last few which were a disaster, he had time to throw but kept going underneath. It was those in between plays that wasted a lot of the time. But overall the offensive line did not play well on that last drive.

Yeah that wasn't a trip. The defender's legs went up as a result of falling on his butt after he lost grip of Dak. Pretty natural occurrence. Dak just happened to get flung that way. Looked purely incidental to me. The thread someone started was an obstructed angle that made it look like the defender was already down and lifted a leg. Not the case. Here's real speed and then reverse angle. Slow motion makes everything look more egregious.

Trip.gif

TripR1.gif

Qcard

Reaction score
Went back to the game to watch Connor Williams screw up. He's the culprit in 2 Dak turnovers and the final sack.

6:10 INT - Pressure from defender running up Williams' gap while he blocks no one.
7:28 Fumble - Defender beats Williams for the forced fumble.
14:10 Final sack on Dak. Defender right up Williams' gap while he blocks no one.

Whatever All Pro OLine since 2016!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah that wasn't a trip. The defender's legs went up as a result of falling on his butt after he lost grip of Dak. Pretty natural occurrence. Dak just happened to get flung that way. Looked purely incidental to me. The thread someone started was an obstructed angle that made it look like the defender was already down and lifted a leg. Not the case. Here's real speed and then reverse angle. Slow motion makes everything look more egregious.

Trip.gif

TripR1.gif
Thats the fraction of a second where Dak could of run right up the middle, but the reaction time has to be instantaneous to the recognition.

Flamma

Reaction score

I concede it wasn't as obvious as I thought. But I still think it was deliberate, with plausible deniability. I've seen trips with less evidence than that be called. Like against the Cowboys a few years ago.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I concede it wasn't as obvious as I thought. But I still think it was deliberate, with plausible deniability. I've seen trips with less evidence than that be called. Like against the Cowboys a few years ago.

I would give you that if Mayowa's head wasn't almost on the turf from rocking back when his legs flew up. And again, people keep trying to point to other occurrences when this is the one at hand. Judgement calls by the officials are always going to be different across crews and at fast motion. Nothing will ever be called consistently unless you use computers to do this. Either this is a good no-call or it isn't. The "but, but, other times ..." rebuttal is a weak one. The next time someone gets called for a less severe inside the helmet pull flag, they'll point to the one on Zeke and say, "but, but, that one wasn't flagged." Doesn't make the current penalty (or no call) at hand any less correct.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Went back to the game to watch Connor Williams screw up. He's the culprit in 2 Dak turnovers and the final sack.

6:10 INT - Pressure from defender running up Williams' gap while he blocks no one.
14:10 Final sack on Dak. Defender right up Williams' gap while he blocks no one.

So which one of Wilson's five TD passes came against Williams?

I love how it's always the offense's fault here. Dallas could lose 80-79 and Rowdies would find an offensive play to blame for it.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
So which one of Wilson's five TD passes came against Williams?

I love how it's always the offense's fault here. Dallas could lose 80-79 and Rowdies would find an offensive play to blame for it.

When Connor Williams couldn’t get any push in the run game, and let pass rushers walk by him when Dak needed to convert on key 3rd downs.

You do know most teams punt on 4th down after failing to get a 1st down. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

Trip.gif

TripR1.gif

CW is trash

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm happy to know that I bullied you into actually reviewing game footage even if it is just a youtube video of the broadcast.

You are comically wrong in that you blame CW in the 3rd play for doing what you claimed he should have done on the 1st play.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
These people who go by the end score to justify a point are very disingenuous.

There were 14 points off turnovers and a safety to boot. In the Atlanta game there were 23 points off turnovers.

The defense is not perfect, but to believe that they are solely responsible for the points allowed is just wrong.

That's all true. Unfortunately, so are these when it comes to the defense:

25th in yards allowed
30th in takeaways
32nd in TD:INT ratio

None of those have anything to do with offensive turnovers.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
the money they wasted on Poe [8.5 mil] should have been spent on a quality OL.

Poe's contract is for 2 years, and he's improved each game. I think the fat boys just have to play themselves into shape this year. We should cut all the defensive players a little slack as they get up to speed on Nolan's reportedly complex offense. And Nolan gets up to speed on them.

By the time Poe's contract is done, I think we'll be happy we signed him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He also wasnt so bad in the first two games.

I would say he needs to be this kind of bad for another few games before they make a switch.

He needs to be gone though asap because a second deal here isnt in the cards for him one way or the other. Cant happen.

Williams doesn't even have to be that bad to make a switch. It's not just about him, and it's not just about his play this year. Not signing him after next year is another reason to bench him sooner rather than later.

We've got other young guys to play. Could be playing Biadasz or McGovern. Could be developing them. Could be finding out if they have more to give.

We've had 2.5 years of developing and finding out about Williams. Much like Collins, we've found out again that a top T prospect doesn't necessarily project to G that well. And Collins even looked the part of G much more than Williams.