Connor Williams earned the LG spot again

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Penalties involve pride and focus, but player abilities/strength have been shown. He will motivate the players who should be playing the starting positions. For me, that has Collins at right tackle and the outsides set.

It'll likely come down to choosing between La'el and Steele on the right side and between returning Williams or McGovern at LG. (Fingers crossed.)

CCBoy

Reaction score
It'll likely come down to choosing between La'el and Steele on the right side and between returning Williams or McGovern at LG. (Fingers crossed.)
I'd make Steele the backup at tackle, and the same with McGovern. Neither yet truly dominate...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd make Steele the backup at tackle, and the same with McGovern. Neither yet truly dominate...

I'm inclined to allow Philbin to tend to that decision. He's privy to seeing things in practice that we only wish we could see.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm inclined to allow Philbin to tend to that decision. He's privy to seeing things in practice that we only wish we could see.
No 'future' is more important than the current building to the playoffs. Steel and McGovern aren't the the better players right now. Play the best five and move on..the coaching staff has viewed this unit from the start of the off season. They already know strengths and the challenge of momentum. You get what you earn...not merely project. LOL

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No 'future' is more important than the current building to the playoffs. Steel and McGovern aren't the the better players right now. Play the best five and move on...

Here's my point -- Philbin is the only one to determine what happens and what doesn't. I'm sure you won't be contacted to affect his decision.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Get McGovern out of there as a lineman, he's no good. I understand Williams isn't much better but he is better.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Here's my point -- Philbin is the only one to determine what happens and what doesn't. I'm sure you won't be contacted to affect his decision.
Wow, knowing organization function....impressive. You take credit for an opinion on player strengths as well?

Discussion isn't a chest pounding function...for the record.

The use of second person is person directed, not topic functional.

It is a given that more than just the OL coach is involved in discussions...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wow, knowing organization function....impressive. You take credit for an opinion on player strengths as well?

Discussion isn't a chest pounding function...for the record.

The use of second person is person directed, not topic functional.

It is a given that more than just the OL coach is involved in discussions...

If it comes down to Jerry taking the reins and influencing Philbin to do what he thinks best, would you be inclined to relinquish your say?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Get McGovern out of there as a lineman, he's no good. I understand Williams isn't much better but he is better.

There's room for doubt that either one of them is totally qualified to succeed but as of now, Williams seems a better choice.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There's room for doubt that either one of them is totally qualified to succeed but as of now, Williams seems a better choice.
Sounds like we agree about something. Now I want to second guess what I already said about the Conners.:muttley: J/K we agree.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I was saying this weeks ago..not sure why they haven't tried it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already have. Poor Joe Philbin is probably undergoing psychiatric therapy right about now. First, he had to deal with the OL calamities, then he got sentenced to being temporarily exiled from the Cowboys premises! Now, he's back to square one. Wouldn't wanna be him. :eek:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I try telling that to my boy -- I oftentimes come up with my best jokes and he just sits there with a serious look on his face. :omg:
:) The inherent limits of a lack of depth in experience, that all isn't self-directed. Y'aw have a great Christmas...and many blessing with the New Year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
:) The inherent limits of a lack of depth in experience, that all isn't self-directed. Y'aw have a great Christmas...and many blessing with the New Year.

Thanks for that and you, too! Here's hoping we both see a Christmas that reaps a great harvest for us as Cowboys' fans! Santa would be proud.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Musical chairs ain't helping.

I think Collins is the X factor. What position best fits the team.

But first get into shape!

IMO the OL needs to get mean and brutal. Yeah, the tech stuff too.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Connor McGovern did not win the job and the run game was mediocre along with pressure given up from the middle.

Need Connor Williams back in the line-up.

another problem that mcgovern might be having is that both oline coaches have been out with covid and not having the coaches around in practice is hurting the whole offensive line. i also agree that williams needs to be put back in the starting lineup.