Connor Williams earned the LG spot again

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He never should have been taken out of there. From what I have seen from McGovern, a move like that can only come from the Owner's booth.

According to the fans here Connor Williams was the weak link. Only Jaylon Smith was bashed more than him.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Connor McGovern did not win the job and the run game was mediocre along with pressure given up from the middle.

Need Connor Williams back in the line-up.

good...yes he got too many penalties....but his rush blocking much better than McGovern....McGovern has strength but way slower than Williams

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
According to the fans here Connor Williams was the weak link. Only Jaylon Smith was bashed more than him.
I know. It's Doug Free derangement syndrome. Attack the weakest link until you find out that link was better than many others in the league and what you replaced him with is jag.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Connor McGovern did not win the job and the run game was mediocre along with pressure given up from the middle.

Do WHAT? You screamed about handing the job to McGovern for months! You got some serious crow to eat.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

KJJ-- true what you said....but McGovern has proved to be much slower footed and not near the run blocker Williams was.....i hope Williams it put back......and i was upset at him too

so i will take the hits

texbumthelife

Reaction score
LT Smith
LG Collins
C Biadisz
RG Martin
RT Steele

That is our best 5 OL. I would try that lineup before putting Williams back at LG.

No, it’s not. Collins hasn’t played G in years and Williams has been better than him regardless.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
another problem that mcgovern might be having is that both oline coaches have been out with covid and not having the coaches around in practice is hurting the whole offensive line. i also agree that williams needs to be put back in the starting lineup.

mr lwehlers---- that is a true and powerful point in all of this.....there is constant adjustment and re-adjustment on O line during game.....and when the voices you are accustomed to are gone it can have

huge affect

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

mr Dak--- the thread says Connor Williams earned LG spot again.....did he actually replace McGovern or is it wishful thinking?...thank you for response in advance

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
KJJ-- true what you said....but McGovern has proved to be much slower footed and not near the run blocker Williams was.....i hope Williams it put back......and i was upset at him too

so i will take the hits

It’s pretty much pick your poison between the two Williams.