Connor Williams is the weakest link on the OL

jrumann59

Reaction score
Connor Williams played tonight exactly the same way he's played since coming here. I don't know how people can defend him but they do. If he's not getting pushed around he's committing a drive killing penalty. But he's a good player according to some, just like Brandon Carr was. The same people probably think Zuerline is good at kicking extra points...
No on is denying this wasn't his best game. But Biadasz was the guy that was responsible for being bulldozed into the endzone on the strip that got Philly their 1st TD. The only reason Williams is even being mentioned is because of the penalties. Biadsaz was in Daks lap plenty tonight when Hargraves was in there.

conner01

Reaction score
I disagree. I see Biadasz's flaws in pass protection, especially with a strong NT bullrushing against him. Biadasz keeps committing the same mistakes, so it makes me question what exactly is Philbin teaching him?
It takes time for most players to develop
Fans have no patients
It’s like fans who can’t wait to get Connor Williams out the door
There are lots worse guards in the nfl than Williams
That doesn’t mean I’d give him a second contract though

conner01

Reaction score
No on is denying this wasn't his best game. But Biadasz was the guy that was responsible for being bulldozed into the endzone on the strip that got Philly their 1st TD. The only reason Williams is even being mentioned is because of the penalties. Biadsaz was in Daks lap plenty tonight when Hargraves was in there.
Only one of the penalty was a penalty
The other was a fantom call

jrumann59

Reaction score
Only one of the penalty was a penalty
The other was a fantom call
Offensive holding for the most part can be called every play so if a "phantom" one is called it really is not that big of a deal. Most weren't as bad as the ones the eagles were getting called for.

J_Allen

Reaction score
It takes time for most players to develop
Fans have no patients
It’s like fans who can’t wait to get Connor Williams out the door
There are lots worse guards in the nfl than Williams
That doesn’t mean I’d give him a second contract though

If I'm not mistaken this is year 5 for williams. We've been extremely patient. It's time to move on.

J_Allen

Reaction score

Biadaz has nothing to do with Williams getting manhandled one-on-one and committing penalties. He needs to be benched until his contract is up.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Biadaz has nothing to do with Williams getting manhandled one-on-one and committing penalties. He needs to be benched until his contract is up.
Nice moving the goal posts. No point for further discussion.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
They both took a beating...hopefully it will make them better.
No they are forever whipping boys. Any improvement won't change anything, they aren't afforded that luxury. Nevermind, that the last two games our OL has been dominant. There is always somebody to put on the cross.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I disagree. I see Biadasz's flaws in pass protection, especially with a strong NT bullrushing against him. Biadasz keeps committing the same mistakes, so it makes me question what exactly is Philbin teaching him?
He is a newbie and could play much worse he is not sucking but is not great

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I bust on Conner Williams quite a bit. But come on guys. the Eagles D tackles are stout. Even the Niners had issues with them.

RS12

Reaction score
No - Ms. Connor Williams was. He sucks and blows all at the same time. He’s the worst Cowboys O-lineman since Pozderac. I hate the fact he plays as much as he does.
Come on man. Clay Shiver looked like a Pop Warner player. Phil Costa was another abysmal player here.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I guess we need to find something to complain about. Offensive line overall played great. Williams did have some costly penalties and got beat by a strong interior rush on some plays, but overall it was still a solid game for him all things considered.
thank you