Connor Williams is the weakest link on the OL

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I believe I could probably push Connor Williams around and I'm 8 decades old.
Of course, that's somewhat easy to say, since I'm sitting at my computer!:lmao:

I could likely do the same thing with Biadasz as long as I don't have to prove it.
:lmao2:

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not this again. Try something other than presenting yourself as the authority and discuss the game as it is played, practiced, planned, and such.
You made some strong assertions as if you know more than others who question, so I would like to know what experience you have to make such assertions? It's a simple question. Will you answer it?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You made some strong assertions as if you know more than others who question, so I would like to know what experience you have to make such assertions? It's a simple question. Will you answer it?

You want it basically to go that you played offensive line in college or something -which is an of itself an unprovable assertion- and I didn't therefor you have presumption in arguments or the like.

What you are doing is called an appeal to authority. I'm not going to entertain it by giving you the dialogue you so desire.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers when I said a lot of people around here have no idea what they are talking about.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
People that see reason in appeal to authority arguments are useful idiots. You want party to that then have fun.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You want it basically to go that you played offensive line in college or something -which is an of itself an unprovable assertion- and I didn't therefor you have presumption in arguments or the like.

What you are doing is called an appeal to authority. I'm not going to entertain it by giving you the dialogue you so desire.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers when I said a lot of people around here have no idea what they are talking about.
This is what you said concerning those of us questioning Biadasz:

"People that freak out over Biadasz are not justified either. When the 1T slants into his snap hand it always causes the C problems. Would you like to see more anchor? sure but he hardly sucks either."

My question once again is if you've ever played the Center position? If not, why would you believe the reason Biadasz is struggling in pass protection against NTs is because they are "slanting into his snap hand"? No one could justifiably know this to be either true or false unless they have played Center before.

It's a simple question: Have you ever played Center before? If not, where did you get this belief? Did you read that somewhere or did someone who has played Center say that? I'm curious.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This is what you said concerning those of us questioning Biadasz:

"People that freak out over Biadasz are not justified either. When the 1T slants into his snap hand it always causes the C problems. Would you like to see more anchor? sure but he hardly sucks either."

My question once again is if you've ever played the Center position? If not, why would you believe the reason Biadasz is struggling in pass protection against NTs is because they are "slanting into his snap hand"? No one could justifiably know this to be either true or false unless they have played Center before.

It's a simple question: Have you ever played Center before? If not, where did you get this belief? Did you read that somewhere or did someone who has played Center say that? I'm curious.

Plus, this has nothing to do with schemes, techniques or strategies.

Umm the 4-3 front Kiffin put together was with the notion the 1T would attack the right hand of the center. The center's right is at a disadvantage for right handed centers as opposed to any other OL because defensive linemen go at the snap of the ball and they have to. . . snap the ball. A good 1T should force a double team.

This should not be a difficult concept to understand. But it has everything to do with scheme, centerboy.

As for where I got it from. I read Kiffin's Tampa Bay playbook.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Umm the 4-3 front Kiffin put together was with the notion the 1T would attack the right hand of the center. The center's right is at a disadvantage for right handed centers as opposed to any other OL because defensive linemen go at the snap of the ball and they have to. . . snap the ball. A good 1T should force a double team.

This should not be a difficult concept to understand. But it has everything to do with scheme, centerboy.

As for where I got it from. I read Kiffin's Tampa Bay playbook.
What a joke.

Your snapping arm has nothing to do with getting beat. That's a fairy tale. There is much more that goes into getting beat as a Center...or being able to stop from getting beat. If that was the case, every Center would get beat by good 1-Tech NTs.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Connor Williams is not a NFL guard hes been too tall and too light from day 1. He was drafted at 6'5 and change 295 lbs. He always struggles with bigger guys but with quicker guys like donald hes successful.

I also noticed tonight he wasnt giving biadasz any help. Especially on that fumble play. He was standing there looking to block someone while biadasz got blown up.

Mcgovern should be starting at guard

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Connor Williams is undersized and lacks necessary skill and technique to overcome his size disadvantage.; Thereby resulting in many holding penalties and sacks of his QB.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I guess we need to find something to complain about. Offensive line overall played great. Williams did have some costly penalties and got beat by a strong interior rush on some plays, but overall it was still a solid game for him all things considered.
This.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I think the Center is the weakest point. I hope when Collins returns we move him back to LG since Steele is playing RT really good right now. That way we can put our best players out there. That should help cover the Center spot more, and then next year address the Center Position + CB + DL and were set for good.

Gaede

Reaction score
Williams isn't the worst, Tyler is, but Williams has been around longer. I would like to see what McGovern could do, but we're winning and playing well so ..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The thing about this game was that just about everyone on the roster made a significant play at some point. All I remember from Williams is killing gains from holding. No clue why McGovern is a back up to this jag.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
When we pick 26 to 28th in the next draft we can get a bonafide stud center.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I honestly think as long as they're not a turnstile linemen I'm fine with them. Obviously we can't have Hall Of Famers at every position on the line.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd like to see a change at center 1st. Give fairnok a few games and then re-evaluate Williams.