Connor Williams is the weakest link on the OL

kumizi

Reaction score
jesus christ i cant deal with moron cowboys fans anymore

connor williams is above average no matter what your pea sized brain is telling you

Biadasz might be the worst starting center in the NFL.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This dude is by far the weakest link on the OL. He’s too light in the rear end and gets pushed around way too much.Has a lot of holding calls. I just don’t get why they don’t start Connor McGovern over him.
The weakest link is at Center, not at Guard.

terra

Reaction score
Steele was MUCH better than I expected; if he can keep it up then getting rid of Collins (if Collins really did the bribe attempt) is possible. Though doing that might not be easy or cheap.

Biadas is starting to worry me; I am not seeing the progress I expected.

Willians is never going to be more than solid and the better DTs are usually going to eat his lunch.

J_Allen

Reaction score
jesus christ i cant deal with moron cowboys fans anymore

connor williams is above average no matter what your pea sized brain is telling you

Biadasz might be the worst starting center in the NFL.

Here's one of the fans I was talking about who will defend Williams and then point out someone else.

Williams is a liability. If there's holding on offense, 90% of the time it's him. But I guess that's okay.

John813

Reaction score
Biadasz is the worst of the 5.
He's a plus run blocker but can get blown up in pass protection. Every week so far he has had a few really bad plays where the NT/DT just blows him up into Dak.
He still is young, and IMO has the talent to improve but as of now he's the "weakest" of the 5.

Williams is an above average LG. He's like Biadasz where stronger DTs can give him trouble but not to that level of struggle.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Frankly I had more concerns Bladasz play, especially when Philly would put Hargrave over center. Javon Hargrave had a big night with 5 tackles, 2 sacks and caused the forced fumble in the endzone. Bladasz need to pick it up. As for Connor I think he is a solid player but not a pro bowl player

Carson

Reaction score
Eagles saw a weakness up the middle and exploited it.

However, we have faced a Murderer’s Row of DT depth.

Week 1 - Vea, Suh
Week 2 - Tillery, Joseph
Week 3 - Cox, Hargreaves

Not saying it’s excusable. But that’s brutal

Croomraider

Reaction score
Was it not Williams vs Fletcher Cox most of the game? Hargrave on some plays?
I'm not sure who thought Connor was gonna win those battles, lol, but safe to say
it wasn't going to look good. Connor Williams just looks too skinny, they should
try adding some serious weight to his frame.

dfense

Reaction score
Funny how good the line looked in the opener blocking some big Tampa tackles and then just get knocked off the ball last night. At least C and LG.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Funny how good the line looked in the opener blocking some big Tampa tackles and then just get knocked off the ball last night. At least C and LG.
they've gotten blown back in every game.

DanA

Reaction score
The way I see it:
- T.Smith is still quality and well and truely holding his own
- Zach Martin is the star
- Steele has done amazingly well, especially considering he's faced decent competition
- Connor Williams is solid against quick guys but susceptible to the extremely powerful DT's
- Biadasz is a solid run blocker but pretty horrible in pass protection

Overall, its still a good O-line. It's just not what it was when it was Leary, Free, Martin, Frederick and Smith.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Was it not Williams vs Fletcher Cox most of the game? Hargrave on some plays?
I'm not sure who thought Connor was gonna win those battles, lol, but safe to say
it wasn't going to look good. Connor Williams just looks too skinny, they should
try adding some serious weight to his frame.

He's been undersized since he got here. He hasn't added anything.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Connor Williams doesn’t belong in the NFL

He's back up material. If we could redo the draft he would be a sixth rounder. The frustrating part is he hasn't improved much in 4 years and his size remains the same. I can't wait to move on since obviously they refuse to bench him.

Nothing a Little HGH can't cure

It's a little bit late for that. We're on year four of this failed project.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Eagles saw a weakness up the middle and exploited it.

However, we have faced a Murderer’s Row of DT depth.

Week 1 - Vea, Suh
Week 2 - Tillery, Joseph
Week 3 - Cox, Hargreaves

Not saying it’s excusable. But that’s brutal

I agree I also know he will need to learn from this matchups and improve. Much of the issue is not lack of strength it is loss of leverage. That is why Mark Stepnowski who was not a big guy compared to other Other OL players but he understood how to use leverage to his advantage.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first holding call was bogus
He’s a solid guard and will be in the nfl for many years
He’s also a FA next year so he won’t be a guard here
I agree that he won’t be here next year. C Williams is a decent G but nothing special. This is an example of not overpaying a guy who is not extraordinary. Let some other team overpay.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was a bad draft pick and most of us that follow college football and the draft disagreed with his selection the day it was made. You can look at him and see he's not a G. He doesn't have the body type of a G. When I saw first saw him in uniform, I thought he was a TE.

conner01

Reaction score
I agree that he won’t be here next year. C Williams is a decent G but nothing special. This is an example of not overpaying a guy who is not extraordinary. Let some other team overpay.
Exactly
You pay elite players and some are positions that are really hard to upgrade
Finding a decent guard is probably the easiest get in football