Twitter: Connor Williams ready but won't start

mardwin

Reaction score
It's s good thing Philly jumped us and drafted Goedert because we got a steal in Williams and really did not need Goedert since we already have Jarein and Rico :omg:

Cowboys are notorious for wasting 2nd draft picks... besides Sean Lee, DeMarcus Lawrence and Jaylon Smith not many have turned into anything.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I talked to some Houston fans...they said beware with Filo, he'll play great a couple games then stink it up 4-5 games in a row then have another good to great game. I think he should be starting today definitely I am very weary of him.
this is the reason why he is nothing more then a good stopgap player. hopefully he plays ok today. I see Williams starting Thursday.

visionary

Reaction score
We weren't drafting Goedert anyway. Why people still bring this up like it could have happened is beyond me. If anything we would have traded that pick for Thomas.

"People" are bringing it up because if with our current cast of garbage TEs if "we weren't drafting Goedert anyway" we are morons

Let me know if you have any other questions

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Anyone want bet no one in the building was smart enough to install Williams as the blocking TE on short yardage and goal line packages? Will we see Swaim out there blocking DEs with Connor on the bench on 4th and 1 or 1st and goal at the 2?

slick325

Reaction score
Ride the hot hand...the Cowboys FO and Coaching staff are consistent baby!

Little Jr

Reaction score
"People" are bringing it up because if with our current cast of garbage TEs if "we weren't drafting Goedert anyway" we are morons

Let me know if you have any other questions
Honest question, How many Philly games have you seen this year?

Verdict

Reaction score
I really believe that Conner is going to be a very good player in this league. He's just not ready. When your starting guard weighs less than one of your tight ends, you know there's trouble. He needs to gain weight and muscle mass, then compete for TACKLE, not guard, next year in training camp.

This is great news. Between last week's game planning and this move, I'm starting to wonder if Garrett has turned the corner here!

If the Cowboys are smart they will flip Collins and Williams next year. It would probably be best to move on from Collins. I'm not all that impressed with Collins inside.

robjay04

Reaction score
He plays behind Zach Ertz
You might have heard of him?

They didn’t spend a second round pick on him for depth behind their 28 year old stud tight end. They expect him to make an impact in games.

That’s not even the point though. The point is that Goedert hasn’t proven that he is some kind of stud worthy of that second round pick. Conor has had a tough rookie season but even his biggest detractors should be able to admit that he still has every opportunity to be an adequate starter for this team if he adds weight in the offseason.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys are notorious for wasting 2nd draft picks... besides Sean Lee, DeMarcus Lawrence and Jaylon Smith not many have turned into anything.

Chidobe Awuzie says hello.

Cowboys! in your face.

birdwells1

Reaction score

How did most people on this board know that Connor Williams needed to be benched but the front office didn't. it took an injury to make them see what we already saw, Dak is smart he knows that he can't let his back up in the game because the same thing will happen to him. Lol

visionary

Reaction score
They didn’t spend a second round pick on him for depth behind their 28 year old stud tight end. They expect him to make an impact in games.

That’s not even the point though. The point is that Goedert hasn’t proven that he is some kind of stud worthy of that second round pick. Conor has had a tough rookie season but even his biggest detractors should be able to admit that he still has every opportunity to be an adequate starter for this team if he adds weight in the offseason.

TE is a critical position on this offense and we don't even have a back up quality TE

Teams pick up OGs in FA that play fairly well all the time.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I talked to some Houston fans...they said beware with Filo, he'll play great a couple games then stink it up 4-5 games in a row then have another good to great game. I think he should be starting today definitely I am very weary of him.
Yeah, I’m a little wary of Sua’ FILO as well. That film session link showed his footwork is not the best and needs to be worked on. The ideal solution is for La’el to go back to LG and C-Will to take over RT next season.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Connor Williams is 21 years old and is very gifted athletically and a good technician.

Nobody is arguing he needs a good off season in the weight room. He is a hard worker and will get that.

By next season we will not be complaining that we drafted him in the 2nd round.