Twitter: Connor Williams signs with Dolphins

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Dude had 9% of all our penalties last year and god knows how many of those killed a big gain.

Should net us a 6th round comp pick I believe.

lkelly

Reaction score
Most importantly, does that put us in line for a potential 5th round comp pick in next year's draft?

Jerry never saw a fifth that he didn't drool over.

Motorola

Reaction score
Dolphins FO must be worse than ours.
They signed Byron Jones to a big contract, now take Wilson and Williams.

They apparently like our players better than we do. :muttley:
Miami Dolphins morphing into the South Beach Cowboys.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Not a big loss, but Oline should be a priority in the draft,especially if we lose Collins too.I’m still not sold on TS either.Should be swing, not starting.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When he was drafted, he wanted to be a Cowboy and was thrilled. He'd been an OT in the Big 12 and was being moved to OG in the NFL which would require a lot of work on his part, which he seemed to take seriously.

After this season, I think he is relieved to be anywhere in the NFL but Dallas.

Pissed me off when he got penalties for holding but that was a lot better than being known as the OL that got his QB sidelined again.

And many blamed him, I did not. He did not put himself in at LG and he did not draft his backup. This was a lot like Chaz Green to me, it was obvious he could get out muscled but when that was happening to the Giants left side of the OL, they taught Manning to get the ball out faster and he ranked second in that and won another ring.

Blame gets placed on the players too much for their contracts and their play. I never saw any quit in Williams and when he was beaten he did the only thing he could to protect his QB, who does not have the best pocket presence, from getting hammered.

The Cowboys have failed in their last two drafts for LG, time to go back to the well.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think they are signing Williams to be the RT.

LG Austin Jackson 21/2
RG Robert Hunt 20/2
RT Jesse Davis FA from SF 2016

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When he was drafted, he wanted to be a Cowboy and was thrilled. He'd been an OT in the Big 12 and was being moved to OG in the NFL which would require a lot of work on his part. which he seemed to take seriously.

Pissed me off when he got penalties for holding but that was a lot better than being known as the OL that got his QB sidelined again.

And many blamed him, I did not. He did not put himself in at LG and he did not draft his backup. This was a lot like Chaz Green to me, it was obvious he could get out muscled but when that was happening to the Giants left side of the OL, they taught Manning to get the ball out faster and he ranked second in that and won another ring.

Blame gets placed on the players too much for their contracts and their play. I never saw any quit in Williams and when he was beaten he did the only thing he could to protect his QB, who does not have the best pocket presence, from getting hammered.

The Cowboys have failed in their last two drafts for LG, time to go back to the well.
I agree. I was excited when we drafted him as I'm a big UT fan. He played very well for the Longhorns at Tackle. Can't blame him much that our coaches thought to play him out of his element. I know Williams got a bad rep with all his penalties, but the majority of them were ticky tack...and I think he started to get a reputation for "holding" amongst the refs. I wish him well in Miami.

JustChip

Reaction score
When he was drafted, he wanted to be a Cowboy and was thrilled. He'd been an OT in the Big 12 and was being moved to OG in the NFL which would require a lot of work on his part. which he seemed to take seriously.

Excellent post. Personally, maybe it’s Walter Mitty syndrome, but I pull for players that grew up Cowboys fans in the local area. That said, he needed a change of scenery.