Twitter: Connor Williams signs with Dolphins

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
When he was drafted, he wanted to be a Cowboy and was thrilled. He'd been an OT in the Big 12 and was being moved to OG in the NFL which would require a lot of work on his part. which he seemed to take seriously.

After this season, I think he is relieved to be anywhere in the NFL but Dallas.

Pissed me off when he got penalties for holding but that was a lot better than being known as the OL that got his QB sidelined again.

And many blamed him, I did not. He did not put himself in at LG and he did not draft his backup. This was a lot like Chaz Green to me, it was obvious he could get out muscled but when that was happening to the Giants left side of the OL, they taught Manning to get the ball out faster and he ranked second in that and won another ring.

Blame gets placed on the players too much for their contracts and their play. I never saw any quit in Williams and when he was beaten he did the only thing he could to protect his QB, who does not have the best pocket presence, from getting hammered.

The Cowboys have failed in their last two drafts for LG, time to go back to the well.

Coach understands

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Walterfootball clearly was not watching:

Dolphins sign G Connor Williams (2 years, $14 million; $7.5 million guaranteed): A Grade
Connor Williams entered the NFL without ample strength for a guard and struggled as a result. However, he has made big strides in that regard since his rookie campaign, improving each year. He was terrific this past season, so I thought he would earn a huge contract this spring.

That, apparently, was not the case, as Miami signed Williams to a very cheap deal. This is a great acquisition for the Dolphins, who needed two interior blockers entering free agency.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Now what am I supposed to do when there is a penalty and my reaction is “one of the Connors.”

cowboyec

Reaction score
☆kenyon green,og-texas a&m
☆zion johnson,og-boston college
☆derek kinnard,t/g-kentucky
☆jam salyer,t/g-georgia
☆dylan parham,og-memphis
☆marquis hayes,og-ou
☆thayer munford,og-ohio st
☆zach tom,t/g-wake forrest
☆luke goedeke,t/g-central michigan

just gimmie 1 of'm.

JayFord

Reaction score
He was a good blocker at times real gritty

but those penalties were too much ....wayyyy too much when you get 1-2 holding calls per game thats a killer

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good for him. That’s good though get s new start elsewhere. I don’t think Dallas was the team for him.
Agree, the weak link in a OL of 1st rounders and he was a project because of position change and had to play too early.

He was definitely on the ref watch list as that weak link and I think mentally that really wrecked his confidence. He did his best and never made excuses. I hope he does well in Miami.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree, the weak link in a OL of 1st rounders and he was a project because of position change and had to play too early.

He was definitely on the ref watch list as that weak link and I think mentally that really wrecked his confidence. He did his best and never made excuses. I hope he does well in Miami.
Yeah those penalties….difference in a lot of money for him.

John813

Reaction score
Definitely a worthy signing for the Dolphins. They have no LG and well he should do well in MMs zone scheme.

They have a bunch of former Tackles they converted to guard so curious what they do with Eichenberg/Jackson.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Walterfootball clearly was not watching:

Dolphins sign G Connor Williams (2 years, $14 million; $7.5 million guaranteed): A Grade
Connor Williams entered the NFL without ample strength for a guard and struggled as a result. However, he has made big strides in that regard since his rookie campaign, improving each year. He was horrific this past season, so I thought he would earn a huge contract this spring.

That, apparently, was not the case, as Miami signed Williams to a very cheap deal. This is a great acquisition for the Dolphins, who needed two interior blockers entering free agency.

Fixed it