Twitter: Connor Williams will have to deal with this

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
hmmmm why are the Texans 1-3 with that stout D-line? Must be the HC, DC, OC, game plan. Hey, didn't the Giants have a seriously great defense and handle the Texans earlier.. Being sarcastic of course but Deshone Watson and Hopkins concern me far more than their defense. Actually, we'd better respect both.Our defense has given up big chunks in the past two games and the secondary is looking no better than previous years. Brown, Heath and Lewis were all exposed yesterday

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
well..in my view,and I have never waivered on this, it should be Collins. That's his best position anyways. Then insert Fleming as our starting RT until Williams is up to snuff...then Williams would be my starting RT heading into 2019. Ultimately,that may be what happens anyways.

I agree Rayman but don't expect any changes. We're in it for the long haul with Williams and I can see some improvement every game. Only an injury (god forbid) will change it and wasn't Flemming horrible in pre-season games?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree Rayman but don't expect any changes. We're in it for the long haul with Williams and I can see some improvement every game. Only an injury (god forbid) will change it and wasn't Flemming horrible in pre-season games?
yes..he was that way in New England too. But when the real games began,he apparently was able to flip that switch and be solid. He protected Brady well at starting RT. New England didn't want him to go. I think he's a guy that needs game reps to be good.Some players are like that.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
we can force Watson into turnovers..ie fumbles. I think we can do this. Kris Richard will have our db's on task.
Richard... God Bless him.
Here he is with a group of DB's that were coached by hosers for years and his 1st task is to take talent that were placed in wrong positions and make them play to their talents, while not having done that for years.
He needs another year, or two to get what he really wants out these guys.

I salute his efforts thus far.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Richard... God Bless him.
Here he is with a group of DB's that were coached by hosers for years and his 1st task is to take talent that were placed in wrong positions and make them play to their talents, while not having done that for years.
He needs another year, or two to get what he really wants out these guys.

I salute his efforts thus far.
Did Lewis even get into the ball game yesterday? The dude was a rare talent last year, now it seems like he's on a milk carton. I'm thinkin he's trade bait.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Looney has been a rock since he was called into duty. Count me as pleasantly surprised. Fred Beard is elite,but Looney would start on most teams. Not huge drop off.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Did Lewis even get into the ball game yesterday? The dude was a rare talent last year, now it seems like he's on a milk carton. I'm thinkin he's trade bait.
Nope. And that's a by-product of Richard having to tame this group of DB's who have been picked and grouped haphazardly by goobers who have zero idea how to coach DB's.
If I don't see Chido turning his head by game 10, then we have a problem.
He will be the same coach as the others, or this is a talent deficient group.
Again.

But Byron at dedicated CB is a big win for Richard. I'm trusting his brain and lack of time over everything right now.
Remember the CBA and it's limitations.

GenoT

Reaction score
I’ve watched all or parts of each of the Texans games and, so far this season, Watt is usually lining up at LDE — which means he attacks the offensive right.

Unless Houston changes things up (over his career, Watt has played all four DL positions, on various snaps), I don’t think LG Williams will see much of him.

Clowney, on the other hand...