Twitter: Connor Williams will have to deal with this

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not playing Lewis is a mistake. LOVE Kris Richard,but this one here is a head scratcher. I'm gonna trust him..but Im puzzled nonetheless.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I’ve watched all or parts of each of the Texans games and, so far this season, Watt is usually lining up at LDE — which means he attacks the offensive right.

Unless Houston changes things up (over his career, Watt has played all four DL positions, on various snaps), I don’t think LG Williams will see much of him.

Clowney, on the other hand...
the way you beat Clowney is running right at him with power traps. Beat him up and by the 4th quarter he's toast. Watt is a totally different beast. You can only try to contain him. Williams has his work cut out for him. We better see tons of pulling to offset his speed.This is a game where we need to pound Rod Smith at Clowney as well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We need to pound the rock about 50 total times as a team come Sunday. Keeps Clowney on the field,wears him out,and eats clock..keeps that Texan offense off the field. Same basic thing we did against the Lions offense. That's who we are.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I’ve watched all or parts of each of the Texans games and, so far this season, Watt is usually lining up as LDE — which means he attacks the offensive right.

Unless Houston changes things up (over his career, Watt has played all four DL positions, on various snaps), I don’t think LG Williams will see much of him.

Clowney, on the other hand...
Clowney will be our biggest worry,
I think Watt plays into Collins' hands, if he's playing off him.
Don't get me wrong: La'el isn't shutting old boy down, but it could work for our team.

If I'm going to be blunt, I'm going to say play-action and run. Play-action then run.
Then run.
Then run.
then play-action then run.

Blast some big plays and run WR's long every play. Make those DB's think: Look forward, or play?
Get the LB's in compromising situations and use Zeke and Dak as the catalyst for those plays.

But then, we're dealing with remedial Linehan and his odds-on plays that work from his T-Mobile Razor from 2003...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gallup could have a big game this week,along with beeze. The Texan DB'S been burned time and again this year. We win 31-17.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lots of Zeke and Rod Smith to ground and pound out a win. Hit them a couple times with deep passes.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rod will get about 10 touches this week. Zeke will get at least 30-35. It could be closer to 40.

Texans defense is good. This is the best front 7 we've faced in terms of pass rush. We kinda got a reprieve against Detroit without Ziggy Ansah. I know its not a popular opinion, but I expect to see Dak revert back to who he was against Carolina.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Need to play to our strength and pound them with Zeke and the run game in the first half, wear them down early. ;)

Just curious, do you know what quarter of the game that's from in the clip?

cern

Reaction score
Expect the game plan to look similar to the lions game. And the week after that. And the week after that. And the week after that.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
well..in my view,and I have never waivered on this, it should be Collins. That's his best position anyways. Then insert Fleming as our starting RT until Williams is up to snuff...then Williams would be my starting RT heading into 2019. Ultimately,that may be what happens anyways.

FLeming is worse as a tackle than Williams is as a guard.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
yes..he was that way in New England too. But when the real games began,he apparently was able to flip that switch and be solid. He protected Brady well at starting RT. New England didn't want him to go. I think he's a guy that needs game reps to be good.Some players are like that.

New England didn't offer him quality backup money. They hardly tried to keep him at all.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Connor Williams is beastly as a pulling guard/tackle. Zeke feasts behind those trap runs. We saw that yesterday where he cut in right beind Williams for big yards more than once. Pass blocking is where he gets himself in trouble.
Love the power on the right side and Connor pulling underneath.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Larry Allen got forklifted by Reggie White as a rookie.

He seemed to do okay for himself.

Not that has a lot to do with Williams, but to sit there and take one play and then proclaim death, that is just shortsighted.