Connor Williams

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
Can't believe they watched this dude get put in Dak's lap with the season on the line and thought it was fine to leave him in the game.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Gosh, he was bad yesterday... I mean REALLY bad. When he wasn't committing penalties he was whiffing on blocks.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It doesnt make CW good, but it does show that it can get worse. That's my fear. I'm hopeful we can draft an interior OL early. I'm not sure the FA route helps us out much. We may be able to find a different type of player, but from an overall production standpoint you've got to develop those guys. Most teams wont let good OL get away.

Disagree. I would be willing to bet there is a journey level OG out there in free agency.

Williams is a speed bump and penalty magnet. And part of the problem with the latter is that he often commits penalties in an effort to save a play after getting beat.

We've had 3 years of the Connor Williams experiment. He made sense on paper when we drafted him. He's not a long term option.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Disagree. I would be willing to bet there is a journey level OG out there in free agency.

Williams is a speed bump and penalty magnet. And part of the problem with the latter is that he often commits penalties in an effort to save a play after getting beat.

We've had 3 years of the Connor Williams experiment. He made sense on paper when we drafted him. He's not a long term option.
That is where we will probably just have to agree to disagree. You're opinion of CW is he is a bottom tier player, and i'm not going to change that. Even with the penalties I would put CW at "Journey level OG". I'm not paying him market value in FA, but it feels like itll take some luck to find better for cheaper.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
Camp/pre-season body should be his only role based off the tape he put out there. If he comes back all I can hope is he learns what leverage is. The same flaws in his week 1 film are still there in the wildcard.

JustChip

Reaction score
What's nuts is this year he doubled his highest previous penalty totals.

IIRC his highest flag season was a few years back with 6.

Wrong time for this team and his future earnings to get 11 holding penalties.
It probably had mostly to do with the luck of the draw of who he was playing against this year. Some penalties are stupid and due to lack of concentration (like Gregory lining up offsides). But most are due to poor technique or being physically beat by the guy across from you.

I don’t remember if it was Erik Williams or Flozell Adams, but whichever it was started getting tripping penalties late in their career. The skill was diminished so he had to compensate. CW just doesn’t match up strength wise against bigger, more physical opponents, He gets beat & has to compensate. Case in point was the holding that nullified the nice Lamb completion. CW was trucked and falling down and it was either take the DT with him or let the DT get to Dak. Dak may not even have escaped to be able to get the ball to Lamb if CW doesn’t hold.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. Conners contract is up.
2. Why do you think every OL we have played their worst year here ever? What caused them all to regress?
3. Hate him all you want he was the best option. Like when everyone hated Doug free then he was missed the second he left cause we had crap to replace him. McGovern sucks too.
4. The center is a bigger issue than most fans think. He turns his back to Conner so he can help Martin when Martin didn't need the help. He's gonna leave McGovern out to dry next year.

conner01

Reaction score
Connor Williams is undersized. What’s funny is that he could block Aaron Donald just fine. But bigger DT overpowered him regularly. Move Lael to LG, roll with Steele at RT and draft Tyron’s replacement. Hopefully Farniok and Ball turn into something.
He’s 320 lbs
Size is not his problem

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
1. Conners contract is up.
2. Why do you think every OL we have played their worst year here ever? What caused them all to regress?
3. Hate him all you want he was the best option. Like when everyone hated Doug free then he was missed the second he left cause we had crap to replace him. McGovern sucks too.
4. The center is a bigger issue than most fans think. He turns his back to Conner so he can help Martin when Martin didn't need the help. He's gonna leave McGovern out to dry next year.

So much this. I havent completely soured on Biadasz yet, but he played terribly down the stretch. I would fix this line from the inside out. Getting a high quality C would be task #1 on my list. Maybe Biadasz can still take a step forward, this is only year 2 after all, but they have to figure out this position.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Who hasn't seen this movie before?

A team like the Jets will give him like 5/45 with 30 guaranteed....

And will be part of why the GM gets fired in two years.

CoachD

Reaction score
So much this. I havent completely soured on Biadasz yet, but he played terribly down the stretch. I would fix this line from the inside out. Getting a high quality C would be task #1 on my list. Maybe Biadasz can still take a step forward, this is only year 2 after all, but they have to figure out this position.
Said the same thing many times, man I miss Frederick!