1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Contract for Ceedee

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Coogiguy03, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Scottishcowboy

Scottishcowboy Well-Known Member

362 Messages
    594 Likes Received

.............or are you saying let's bring in the no1 who made Smith Schuster look good as he'll make Lamb look good? Aaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggg!

2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

29,184 Messages
    22,047 Likes Received
    I wouldnt give him a second contract. There are high end receivers in every draft. The three year rule says not a number one receiver with inconsistent hands who disappears for stretches.

3. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Well-Known Member

2,437 Messages
    1,034 Likes Received
    His value is about tree fiddy.

4. exciter

exciter Well-Known Member

3,024 Messages
    2,310 Likes Received
    He’s progressively looking more like a player you let walk. At this point I’m not even sure you pick up the 5th year option on him!

jwitten82 and Scottishcowboy like this.
  5. Starstruck22

Starstruck22 Well-Known Member

588 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    I believe Dak will destroy ever quality receiver because of his inaccuracy either getting receivers hurt or making them look bad. There are plays though were Lamb is just not catching catchable balls and this is unacceptable.

Coogiguy03 and RS12 like this.
  6. Scottishcowboy

Scottishcowboy Well-Known Member

362 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    The top 3 receivers "miles ahead of all the rest" from the 2020 draft are all looking a bit iffy right now (1 more so than the other 2 clearly).

7. Coogiguy03

Coogiguy03 Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    3,568 Likes Received

Loved the sarcasm

8. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

9,915 Messages
    10,491 Likes Received
    Jerry didn't hand pick him. He fell in their laps when ho one, even them, thought he would.

9. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

11,250 Messages
    8,861 Likes Received
    I don't remember generational but they did say we couldn't pass him which I didn't agree with from what I saw on highlights

jwitten82 likes this.
  10. Starstruck22

588 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    I would just say to Lamb (as any player) you start producing or you will be benched. We dont give a crap about your draft position or anything else. You dont produce and the ball is to you and you are benched. Next freakin man up. Enough of the BS and start producing for God’s sake. We mollycoddle these players and so they choose not to produce. Tank is a good example. I will be willing to wager he wont have a sack in the next games. If not, bench and trade.

11. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

16,844 Messages
    11,455 Likes Received
    Time to think about a new contract for him will be after next season.

12. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

5,938 Messages
    16,948 Likes Received
    I am with you. He is certainly not worth a premium #1 WR contract. He is far too inconsistent in general and last 8 games are mediocre.

His stock is plummeting and he will need a huge turnaround to convince otherwise

jwitten82 likes this.
  13. Acceptablename

Acceptablename Well-Known Member

1,567 Messages
    1,095 Likes Received
    For me I see all the talent imaginable but heart?

14. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

25,060 Messages
    19,147 Likes Received
    I was a big Lamb fan, but Jefferson has clearly been better than Lamb so far. But I wonder how much of that is Dak holding him back. How many passes has Dak thrown behind him?

fredp22 likes this.
  15. IceStar-D7

IceStar-D7 Well-Known Member

4,475 Messages
    4,439 Likes Received
    Everyone was going nutts on draft night when he was drafted. CD just has to grow and mature plus get stronger. I doubt he's a one. CeeDee was killing it as a 2. With a strong one WR ahead of him. What would you guys think Tolbert will be in the future? We need a true number one. Not forcing a 2 to be a 1. IMO:(

16. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

11,936 Messages
    13,812 Likes Received
    Not interested at all. No thanks, this would be a signing a bad organization makes.

17. fredp22

fredp22 Well-Known Member

1,575 Messages
    1,945 Likes Received
    Jefferson seems like a player. He tries to find the open area and can make that clutch catch. Lamb appears to just lean on his talent and gets lost in traffic. Hes good if its an open field but not to good battling others or finding that open area.
    Lamb faster-shiftier, Jefferson more complete

Verdict likes this.
  18. Starstruck22

588 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    MESSAGE TO LAMB: START CATCHING BALLS OR YOU WILL BE BENCHED AND TRADED. CATCH THE FREAKIN BALL OR OCCUPY THE BENCH WHERE YOU BELONG. THERE ARE A PLETHORA OF THIRD TEAM PLAYERS WANTING THE OPPORTUNITY YOU ARE SQUANDERING. CATCH THE DAMN BALL OR NO CONTRACT!!!!!!!

19. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

8,677 Messages
    8,834 Likes Received
    He had 2k yards his first 2 years. He could have a bad year this year, demand 25m$ per year minimum or he’s sitting out, and Jerry will have to pay it. Someone somewhere will give it to him if he’s allowed to seek a trade

Question is will he be willing to wait it out like Dak and Amari, or will his agent Convince him to pull a Zeke? Many would have said no way would Zeke ever pull that (especially after getting suspended in 2017), but all his agent has to say is “you’ve got 1 shot at this contract” and the seed is planted. Jerry has basically built this WR corps perfectly for Lamb to take it hostage

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  20. JW82

JW82 JJ21

4,156 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    Ok. It I can take a step back and put aside the overall disgust I currently have for every single person in the Organization that doesn’t wear #11, and look at his first 2 seasons. His numbers actually blow away the first 2 seasons for Irvin and Dez’s numbers. If he plays to expectations the rest of the way and ends up with 1200 yards 10tds then he is a legit 1 and deserves what he gets. I think for myself and many others the expectations we had for him was we were getting Chase or Jefferson. Thats just not the case at all. He can be a 1, but IMO he’s not a guy thats gonna lead the league in yards at any time. But he’ll be in the top 10-15 every year.