1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Contrarian Article on how bad COVID19 is

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by Kaiser, Mar 20, 2020.

1. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

18,204 Messages
    16,468 Likes Received
    I have a few friends in Wuhan, I can even post her messages here. Do you have any friends there? While it was bad over a month ago, it's business as usual there now.

I would advise not getting your information from T-RO or random twitter accounts from now on.

2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

35,613 Messages
    7,234 Likes Received
    That's a strange reply. You didn't even contradict what I said, which was just that you don't take those draconian measures because of the flu.

And I saw those videos with my own eyes. Nobody told me what to think about them.

3. mattjames2010

18,204 Messages
    16,468 Likes Received
    Again, do you know a single person within Wuhan, you know, ground zero?

And what "videos" are you referring to? I also saw dopey Twitter users posting videos of the supposed army "moving into" Chicago, that got thousands of likes and retweets but turned out to be pretty routine thing. I also saw photos that were going around, that got retweeted and liked a thousand time of a family that supposedly died from corona in China - turns out, it was a photo from a family that died due to a gas leak a couple years ago.

Videos need context. You saw a video...that's fantastic, you have working vision. Means nothing.

RoboQB likes this.
  4. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

4,913 Messages
    5,898 Likes Received
    Fear monger! <kidding> It's called #TRUTH

5. Chocolate Lab

35,613 Messages
    7,234 Likes Received
    Lol. Okay. So you know that the vids I've seen are fake or misleading? How could you know that?

And I'm still trying to figure out what difference having a friend in Wuhan makes anyway. Do you have a friend in northern Italy too?

BigStar, Noryb and visionary like this.
  6. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

9,219 Messages
    7,461 Likes Received
    Totally agree. All <45 should return to daily life in a week. Otherwise life as constructed is gone forever

BoysForLife and Kaiser like this.
  7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

19,233 Messages
    18,383 Likes Received
    just like @Kaisers non-existent “MD and immunologist” friends who are telling him this is all overblown , LOL

ActualCowboysFan likes this.
  8. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

5,011 Messages
    8,589 Likes Received
    Pretty informative video on how China's wet markets make viruses like this possible.

Grenic likes this.
  9. Grenic

Grenic Well-Known Member

268 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    This is the problem, China needs to end this and they need to blamed for covering this up for 6 months.

10. shabazz

5,011 Messages
    8,589 Likes Received
    Agree 100%. and who the heck wants to eat a Pangolin on rye anyway?

[​IMG]

11. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

20,278 Messages
    23,231 Likes Received
    That sucker is gonna need some kraut n swiss! :lmao:

shabazz and Kaiser like this.
  12. mattjames2010

18,204 Messages
    16,468 Likes Received
    We don’t know that - however you coming in claiming you saw unwavering evidence in your phantom video tells me a lot.

So this thread has a dude running around like the Sky is falling, we have another making a baseless claim that it’s worse than the swine flu, we have another posting a death rate chart with no context or understanding, and now you

This thread, and really entire forum section, is full of so much crap. Stop fear mongering. Start thinking rationally.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    CrownCowboy likes this.
  13. Boom

Boom Just Dez It

1,284 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    My wife has a relative that teaches there. During the worst of the Wuhan outbreak, she was reporting back that it wasn't bad... she didn't see anyone around where she lived getting quarantined, so it was overblown. I told my wife to tell her that I have never seen crime committed on my drive into work in my entire career, but I know that it still exists. Personal sample sizes don't always reflect an accurate picture of a situation.

Chocolate Lab likes this.
  14. mattjames2010

18,204 Messages
    16,468 Likes Received
    But a single video from randos on the web does lol

15. Chocolate Lab

35,613 Messages
    7,234 Likes Received
    Wow, dude. I've never had a problem with you and I wasn't involved in whatever bickering you had going on in the many pages that preceded my first post in this thread, so I don't know why you started in on me. All I said was that the draconian measures we've seen from China tell me that this virus is much worse than the flu -- a fact that I don't think is even debatable. Surely you aren't claiming otherwise, are you?

ActualCowboysFan likes this.
  16. shabazz

5,011 Messages
    8,589 Likes Received
    Not stating an opinion on either side of this current debate, but all of China's methods are draconian in comparison to ours. Their economic prowess built off the back of underpaid labor softens their look but they are still North Korea-lite in terms of control of their people and propaganda control.

If we could weld people doors shut during an outbreak, we'd have lightning fast results as well. As to their testing, who is to speak to the real accuracy......as if quality control issues would ever be reported by their state run media.

17. mattjames2010

18,204 Messages
    16,468 Likes Received
    I don't know how much worse, if at all, it is. Without mass testing, fatality rates are skewed. I argue against the fact that people are basing their opinions off out of context headlines, rando videos online, and misunderstanding of charts. All of which has added to mass hysteria.

It's a problem. And the dude you responded to initially is running around in here screaming and saying he expects half his family to be "wiped out" by this. It's ridiculous and insane.

BoysForLife likes this.
  18. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,901 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    Fantastic and accurately stated.

I live up in Michigan, and the governor just put us under lockdown conditions with another one of these asinine "stay home" orders.
    But, I am very encouraged that she said near the end of her address, that we are allowed to go for a walk as long as I stay at least 6 feet away from others.

That's very magnanimous of her. I am so thankful that I still live in a country where my elected officials give me permission to go for a walk.

The hysteria and overreactions by these people has little to do with anything but a crazed lust for more power. They are taking advantage of people's fears to get it. And sadly, people are thinking so illogically that they are willing to give up any liberty, any financial security, pretty much anything at all, if only our government will swoop in and save the day.

What a shameful time in history. The founding Fathers, if they had the potential to see the future, would have been justified if they all just got drunk and caught the next boat back to England, rather than risk life and limb to birth a nation that has turned into such a bunch of cowards.

19. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,901 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    Spot on.
    The worst thing that Corona virus can do is kill you.

That is the worst case result.
    What a shame that people are voluntarily giving up their entire lives right out of the gate, based on the "possibility" that they might get sick at some point.

TheDude likes this.
  20. mattjames2010

18,204 Messages
    16,468 Likes Received
    I put more on the media right now than politicians - they have a ton of support from the public with what they are doing, and in a way, they are just going by the majority opinion. That opinion was formed by media that are getting the most clicks they've gotten since 2016 with sensationalist headlines.

People will only stay inside for so long - humans are naturally socializing and moving creatures. I expect looting to begin shortly as well.