1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Contrarian Article on how bad COVID19 is

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by Kaiser, Mar 20, 2020.

1. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,901 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    You as well friend.
    Stay well. FWIW, I think you are selling your parents and their sibling short.

I think by the time they get to whatever age they are, they are probably more able than we realize to figure out the course that is best for them.
    And I think they've earned that right. FWIW.

God speed friend. Take care.

2. T-RO

T-RO Benched

10,267 Messages
    9,291 Likes Received
    I see in your sig that you have a quote from Ben Franklin about freedom. I have read several of his biographies and am a huge fan.

Do you know how often Franklin and fellow American founders faced plague (smallpox, etc)? Do you know what they did about it?

They quarantined. They locked themselves in their home. I wonder why freedom loving people would do that to themselves?

Luther likes this.
  3. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Well-Known Member

1,881 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    Great post!

BoysForLife likes this.
  4. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

7,339 Messages
    6,089 Likes Received
    Yes, yes I do. I get you can’t be convinced because this virus that started two weeks ago surging on us hasn’t beating the flu numbers for the year worldwide; but understand wherever you are it’s coming. It cant be contained, we’ve been trying. My sister is going on her 7th shift in a row in a hospital with a never ending line.

Good luck brother and god bless.

5. BoysForLife

3,901 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    Of their own volition?
    Good for them, as I've said several times in this thread.
    Their personal choice. To Each his own, as I've said. But they didn't mandate a virtual nationwide shut down over it.

Fact is, Ben Franklin and the American founders rebelled against the pre-eminent power on the face of the earth because of heavy handed governmental interference "in the interest of the common good".

No way around that fact, friend.

6. BoysForLife

3,901 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    Virus was first announced on the world stage early to mid Jan
    in two months of virtual worldwide hysteria, we have ~12-15K deaths, worldwide, depending on what stat you read.

According to the NY Times, as of 2/29/2020, there have been 20K flu deaths in the US alone.

To repeat--since early Jan, 15K Corona virus deaths, worldwide.
    20K flu deaths, in teh US alone.

I will say this honestly, tell your sister thank you. Her life and world is being turned upside down due to unfounded hysteria.
    I feel genuinely badly for her. My step daughter works in the health care field as well. It isn't right what is happening to people's lives over a virus that has claimed less victims on the face of the entire earth, than the flu has claimed just in this country.

Perhaps the virus is difficult to contain. I will grant you that.
    But it is NOT a death sentence. 99% of people who get it are just fine within a week or two.
    The virus is real. The hysteria is not logical. Period.

CrownCowboy likes this.
  7. T-RO

T-RO Benched

10,267 Messages
    9,291 Likes Received
    Here's is how epidemiologist have described the spread of this--if measures aren't taken.

One person will give it to 2.5 others
    Within 30 days that will grow and spread to 400 people!

One person...thinking it is no big deal...catches it and spreads it to 400.

8. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

7,339 Messages
    6,089 Likes Received
    Same to your step daughter. I agree it’s not a death sentence but it’s spreading like wildfire here and the people that live/work here are adamant the numbers can’t be used; they’re inaccurate. A lot of people living through this cant breath without intubation and we’re running out of machines. These are facts. We can’t also dismiss the testing system being a failure. Gov. Cuomo has been doing a fantastic job and lately with the testing increasing the past week and a half, coincidentally the numbers have been surging. It will get higher.

It’s unreal how we’ve dropped the ball going into this, there’s a lot of people waiting for this military hospital ship to arrive and they’re thinking of opening the Javits Center in Manhattan and turning it into a makeshift hospital.

My neighbor lost family, my coworkers brother has it, I’m pretty my other coworker has it because his best friend has it; which means I probably have it.

Ugh whatever man, I’m exhausted over this. God speed brother. Go Cowboys.

9. BoysForLife

3,901 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    Go Cowboys indeed. Not sure if we'll even have a season this year. I'm guessing camps, off season workouts etc will all be cancelled.

Regarding the bold--I literally prayed for you before replying to this post.
    I don't know your name. But the Lord does. And I just prayed to Him for you.

If you do have it--stressing the word *if*--the odds are overwhelming that you will be just fine. Remember that, instead of the hysterical news coverage that is on every single channel around the clock right now.
    Either way, whatever happens, I can promise you this.

You will not regret living each day to the fullest potential that you can, no matter what is going on around you. Whether you live another 2 days, 2 years, 2 decades, whatever, each day is a gift and tomorrow is not a guarantee. Cherish it and enjoy the heck out of it. Take care friend.

I hope the best for you.

10. BoysForLife

3,901 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    And of those 400 people, 97-99% of them will be just fine in 2 weeks.

Just like with the flu.

DallasCowboys2080 likes this.
  11. T-RO

T-RO Benched

10,267 Messages
    9,291 Likes Received
    We don't know the fatality rate, though experts have said the fatality rate is nothing at all like the flu.

We do know that 10-15% of those who get the disease will need either supplemental oxygen, ventilators or both. And a hospital ICU room. For up to 3 or 4 weeks. We know that most of the needed staffing, equipment and capacity is already in use, while we are just at the beginnings of the pandemic.
    Link: https://www.latimes.com/california/...0-03-20/coronavirus-hospital-bed-icu-pandemic

Dr. Fauci and others have warned us that if we don't flatten the curve our hospitals will be overwhelmed.
    Link: https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/d...tening-coronavirus-outbreak-curve-80692293843

We do know that this disease features sequela -- that is the medical term for survival, but with some damage of organs. This includes 20-30% loss of lung function.
    Link: https://www.sciencealert.com/even-t...ona-can-be-left-gasping-for-breath-afterwards

12. BoysForLife

3,901 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    So, to make sure I understand--

After two months of breathless media coverage it's far too early to make any sort of a guess as to what the mortality rate is.

But everything else, including how badly the hospitals will be overwhelmed and how much loss of lung capacity people will suffer, is chiseled in stone tablets and not up for debate

PS--I remember sounding the alarm bells about a decade ago when the govt was in the process of taking over large portions of our healthcare system.

At the time the prevailing logic from the single payer crowd was that "studies showed we have a pending crisis on our hands and this is what's best for everyone. We'll have better, more available health care, and life will be great. Don't worry, the government has it all figured out and will always take great care of us."

Now, were being told this wonderful system is woefully underprepared to handle this latest and greatest crisis. 300 dead in 2 months in this country and I have to be willing to live in lockdown police state conditions to avoid overwhelming this wonderful nationalized healthcare system.

How many more personal freedoms do we have to be willing to part with now? (For the common good, of course. Always for the common good)

Jake likes this.
  13. T-RO

T-RO Benched

10,267 Messages
    9,291 Likes Received
    No. Rather mods here have prohibited us from talking about it. I was given a 24-hour ban for quoting the CDC yesterday.

14. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

4,911 Messages
    5,895 Likes Received
    Well if you were to give this virus to 400 people you'd kill around 5 or 6 of them statistically. If you gave 400 the flu, you statistically wouldn't kill anyone. This is why everyone should stay the heck home and take care. Three weeks isn't going to hurt anyone. Think of it as a huge blizzard. LOL

T-RO likes this.
  15. T-RO

T-RO Benched

10,267 Messages
    9,291 Likes Received
    This is about spot on. Give 400 the flu...and 0 would die...maybe 1.

So here is how Saturday March 21 turned out for the U.S....20 minutes for EST midnight
    7,401 new cases

88 are dead
    26,264 of 26,784 still stick with virus (outcome yet to be determined)

Home is where the health is.

16. BoysForLife

3,901 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    Whether I agree with you or not, that isn't right

I thought the whole point was for people to share their opinions. Not sure why they banned you

At any rate we have around 300 deaths so far in the US

Truly no offense meant but I'm not alarmed by that

Should we be more aware/cautious?
    Sure. I don't want to catch it even if it doesn't kill me. I hate being sick

But I'd rather take that risk and make that decision for myself

I don't want to see our national and state govts voluntarily destroy our economy for the next decade over 300 deaths in 6 weeks

If that sounds cold I apologize but I'm just being honest

I'm not saying this to sound snarky. If someone else wants to self quarantine and isolate themselves and eliminate all risk that's fine. Their life, their choice

I'd rather be dead than "live" that way. Just being honest bro

Flamma likes this.
  17. BoysForLife

3,901 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    And yet 500k people die, worldwide, every year due to the flu

And somehow, someway, life goes on.

18. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

4,911 Messages
    5,895 Likes Received
    Yeah too bad this isn't the flu....this is a SARS like virus that comes from Bats just like Ebola and SARS. Exponentially more contagious/deadly than the flu. More contagious than Ebola and the original SARS. It's basically SARS 2.0..

From a cybersecurity perspective, not quarantining as much as possible, is kinda like dropping your Firewall on your computer/network or not using Anti-Virus. You are much more likely to get popped.

I just hope you and your family doesn't get it as you said, same with everyone else here.

19. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

9,219 Messages
    7,461 Likes Received
    I tend to agree abt the hype. We wont be laughing about it though. This is going to have global financial impacts

Jake and BoysForLife like this.
  20. T-RO

T-RO Benched

10,267 Messages
    9,291 Likes Received
    1/5 of a million new cases 3 days ago
    1/4 of a million new cases day before yesterday
    1/3 of a million new cases yesterday

Are some of you still so clueless about where this is headed?

If you are...get out of the way before you help kill us all.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Grenic and visionary like this.