Convince me Payton is that much better than McCarthy

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let’s be real to with Brees. He is SHORT, so if one can get some pressure up the middle, he struggles, despite all his numbers. This happens a lot in the play-offs.
I looked at his playoff losses, and it seems pretty hard to put the blame on him. A few of the losses weren't his best games, but overall he performed very well. The Saints defense failed in a number of them.

dallas72

Reaction score
Payton gane management vs Vikings was terrible...left the game w a timeout lol...lost 49 seconds could of used it ...then had a 10 second run off left 11 seconds could of used it ‍♂️ definitely looked terrible

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
One team fired their head coach last year and are currently 13-3 and the #2 seed this year. A damning indictment of the guy that held the job before. Not naming names.

What if McCarthy has us 13-3 next year?

JeffInDC

Reaction score
....Rodgers is about as much of a choker. Brees has, at the very least, beat winning teams while trailing. Rodgers record there is terrible.

McCarthy is getting way too much crap on this board and most of it is baseless. If you want Dak to take the next step, you bring in McCarthy.

Ok...…….I have to play the lotto ALL WEEK. When did I start fully agreeing with you Matt? :laugh:

EJK24

Reaction score
I'm sure no one really cares to see this but I'll leave it here anyway. The amount of posts about wanting Garrett out of here were astronomical. Not all of them anyone besides Garrett is fine although there were a few. We didn't go get a young college coach which some wanted, I wasnt against that, but nonetheless we hired an older retread. Hes not Belichick, I get that, but how many guys out there with no job are guaranteeing you a SB? There are zero promises regardless of who we hired. Pointing out the pros and cons is sensible but how about letting the guy get settled in, sorting out the staff, then maybe even letting him work with the players before we go off the deep end?

He might be awful but I could also see him come in and help this team as well. The doom and gloom cant wait till he at least has a slightly bad moment/game?

I guess I have the blinders on but I will give a coach with some past success a shot to see what he can do with our group before assuming the worst.

khiladi

Reaction score
I looked at his playoff losses, and it seems pretty hard to put the blame on him. A few of the losses weren't his best games, but overall he performed very well. The Saints defense failed in a number of them.

Probably this is true, but I do feel Brees generally can't get by the playoffs as easily as the other elite QBs, because of height. Defense normally steps up.