Convince me that Dak Prescott is a top shelf QB and worth signing right now

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
"Banking" 400 yards against weak opponents?

Bump.
As is always common. Gets quiet when doing well while also claiming his success is nothing against the worst. Yet, all season long win or lose he has been fairly consistent. That consistency has been recognized by many of those who once said he had none. Yet the constant and relentless narrative "he is trash" is all some can say after each little mistake or issue. Just makes the argument as stale the head coach.

FTWayne

Reaction score
yeah, "there a lot of crappy coaches out there, so to dump one to get another one". :facepalm:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Buffalo can go 9-3 with Josh Allen, a good coach could be 9-3 with Prescot . This coaching staff has ran their course and their schtick is stale. You can just see it through the energy of the players on the field. It's over. Good riddance. Can't wait for a fresh coaching staff.

Garrett went 13-3 with rookie Dak who wasn't a highly thought of QB. So by your standards he's better than the buffalo coach.

Brax

Reaction score
Romo didn't do diddly, yet I bet you never complained when he got franchise record contract extensions TWICE? But now you are chirping?
Romo what does Romo have to do with anything, why do you always bring up Romo , get over it he doesn't play any more and what he did or didn't do or get has zero relevancy to Dak except in your twisted mind.

Brax

Reaction score
I have eased up on him... but man, after today... just wow. I mean that was amazingly bad.

That is exactly why I hate people using stats for arguments... Because you would think he didn't do half bad, from stats...

32/49 355yards 2 TD and 1 INT

But, the eye does not lie. Dude, was really bad...
Oh god the evil eye test, you will hear about that, have a great holiday season. (I like the eye test myself)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo what does Romo have to do with anything, why do you always bring up Romo , get over it he doesn't play any more and what he did or didn't do or get has zero relevancy to Dak except in your twisted mind.
Romo has everything to do with Dak today since Romo set the standard. Dak will get paid top franchise and record pay whether you like it or not.

Brax

Reaction score
Romo has everything to do with Dak today since Romo set the standard. Dak will get paid top franchise and record pay whether you like it or not.
Romo has zero relevance to what Dak gets paid and what ever Dak gets paid or doesn't get paid is up to Jerry and that will be based on Dak's performance and hopefully on performance against top teams, not what Romo's contract was or wasn't. You use of Romo is simply a diversion of Dak shortcomings against better teams..Your blind love of Dak has adversely effected your view of reality when it come to Dak. .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo has zero relevance to what Dak gets paid and what ever Dak gets paid or doesn't get paid is up to Jerry and that will be based on Dak's performance and hopefully on performance against top teams, not what Romo's contract was or wasn't. You use of Romo is simply a diversion of Dak shortcomings against better teams..Your blind love of Dak has adversely effected your view of reality when it come to Dak. .
Keep hating. I love how it's eating you up. Can't wait to see you whine even more when Dak gets that monster contract.

:laugh::yourock:

jnday

Reaction score
As is always common. Gets quiet when doing well while also claiming his success is nothing against the worst. Yet, all season long win or lose he has been fairly consistent. That consistency has been recognized by many of those who once said he had none. Yet the constant and relentless narrative "he is trash" is all some can say after each little mistake or issue. Just makes the argument as stale the head coach.
He is consistently inconsistent. I don’t even enjoy bashing him as much as I should.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Convince me, based off this game, that Dak Prescott is a top shelf QB and worth signing right now.

This was embarrassing honestly.

Dak is probably the only one who has the power to convince those who have their doubts about his worth at this point in time. He's either what he is at present or still has the wherewithal to facilitate change for the better. His motivation and work ethic seem to be such that he might continue to improve but only time and further experience is likely to reveal more than we already know. I don't think he's going anywhere. We'll see.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Dak isn't top tier, but there's maybe only 3-4 above him that are better. He's clearly in the top 5, considering the decline of Big Ben, Brady, and Rivers. Brees will have to slow down, too.

I'd take Rodgers, Wilson, and Mahomes over Dak. Everyone else is about the same, or worse.

Redline360

Reaction score
I was never a huge fan of Dak at the start and little has changed. I admit he has improved to some degree however he is no where near an elite quarterback. He probably cracked the top 10 imo this year.

To pay the man anywhere near top dollar is down right laughable. 30m take it or go somewhere else

jnday

Reaction score
There are a lot of crappy quarterbacks out there. If you dump Dak and get one of them, the franchise will be screwed for a while. Dak isn't terrible. He seems like a good guy, is durable and mobile.

OTOH, he certainly isn't a top 5 QB. His accuracy issues continue. Blough looked like a better thrower of the football than him today.

IMO, the team can with with Dak as QB but you need better coaching and very good talent around him. The Cowboys already screwed up by giving Zeke that massive deal and Tank's isn't much better. Giving Dak some massive $40m per year deal will just make it that much harder to build a title winner.

I'm reading up on it and I think I understand the non exclusive franchise tag. I would give it to Dak. Offer him Kirk Cousins money and put the tag on him. If some other team signs him, you can either match it or if its stupid money, just take the 2 1st round picks. Obviously, I would shop him also but I would only give him up for a pretty good haul.

IMO, this version of the Cowboys is just about over. The vaunted O-line is no longer vaunted and is just . . . . overpaid. The Zeke deal already looks like an albatross. Cooper kind of carries this team and might leave. Byron Jones and Quinn too. If the Cowboys can jump start a turnaround by trading guys for picks, getting a new coach, etc., it makes sense to do so.
You make great points. I have had similar thoughts about the window closing on this version of the Boys and it is closing very quickly. It only took a short time for this team to start declining considering the time it took to put it together. I don’t think there is a position group on this team that fans should not be concerned about. Trade them all and rebuild around the best QB prospect in the draft and go from there.

jnday

Reaction score
You’re living in the moment. You don’t base it off one game, you base it off his career and this season. Convince me there’s a better option than him out there.
There will be QBs available in the draft.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There will be QBs available in the draft.

There’s always QBs available in the draft how do you know they’re going to end up any good? Would you like to end up with a Mitch Trubisky who was the second overall pick just three years ago? The odds are no better than 50-50 a QB you draft in the first round is going to turn into a solid franchise QB. Drafting QBs is a crapshoot! Look at all the first round QBs that have gone bust. Dak has developed into a franchise QB. There’s no doubt in my mind that he could lead the Cowboys to a championship if they had a solid head coach and team around him.