Convince me that Dak Prescott is a top shelf QB and worth signing right now

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I dont want to make a Goff/Wince mistake with Dak. Great contract now. Let's just franchise him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I do want to register a complaint about moderation.

I did not name this thread like it appears right now.

My original title was mysterious and interesting. And nothing like what it was modified to.

So kids, please consider this as you move along.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Buffalo can go 9-3 with Josh Allen, a good coach could be 9-3 with Prescot . This coaching staff has ran their course and their schtick is stale. You can just see it through the energy of the players on the field. It's over. Good riddance. Can't wait for a fresh coaching staff.

Josh Allen on this team, with this pass protection and his arm would be ridiculous. Dak has the starting job because of Garrett.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Convince me, based off this game, that Dak Prescott is a top shelf QB and worth signing right now.

This was embarrassing honestly.
Why? Did you make this statement when he was banking 400+ yards? Or even the opening games? A bad performance and now he is the first and forever reason why we are what we are. Bump.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Convince me that Aikman would be in this offense, behind this OL, no Emmitt to hand off too, and no elite defense getting the ball back to Aikman with a relentless pass rush or any turnovers. I'll wait..........

Is anyone talking about paying Aikman $40 mil a year for the next decade?

Convenient that the sniffers only want to live in the past when it suits them

Coy

Reaction score
He has 7 Td’s and 7 Int’s in their 6 loses, 5 of them against winning teams.
I bet Jerry will use this when he is negotiatiing.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I can't say, anymore. He looks top 5 going against bad defenses, but when a defense is stout Prescott struggles. You just can't dismiss our record against winning teams. No excuse for losing to Buffalo a team our NFC rivals mopped up with a ton of injuries, in Buffalo. Just no excuse

khiladi

Reaction score
Convince me that Aikman would be in this offense, behind this OL, no Emmitt to hand off too, and no elite defense getting the ball back to Aikman with a relentless pass rush or any turnovers. I'll wait..........

Football Outsiders has this OL as ranked number 1 in pass protection and third in run. Just stop the Dak homerism. Dak has better circumstances than pretty much every QB in the league as far as blocking is concerned.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Aikman was living by the talent around him. Why do we even need to talk about that ?

starcity214

Reaction score

Because Aikman played in an era where you could buy the best players if you wanted to..

Great comparison, although I agree, Aikman on the 90's Eagles would hVe been a bust.

Unfortunately, the reality of today's NFL is that there is a hard salary cap and you have to choose where to invest your money.

" But, But, but, Dak didn't allow the Bills to score 26 points!! Sniff sniff "

This is as good a team as Dak is going to have in his career and it still isn't enough..

If you think it's bad now, wait until we have Jags across the defense because we can't keep everyone.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Nobody is going to spend time answring this ridiculous question

Our O-Line is at worst top 10
We have Zeke
We have Cooper
We have Gallop
We have Cobb
We have Witten

Our D is not great but they are serviceable
P.S. Buffalo did actually punt 3 times in this game so our d must have done something right, they also stopped Buffalo from scoring after a turnover by Dak around the Cowboy 25 yard line.

Grevus

Reaction score
If Buffalo can go 9-3 with Josh Allen, a good coach could be 9-3 with Prescot . This coaching staff has ran their course and their schtick is stale. You can just see it through the energy of the players on the field. It's over. Good riddance. Can't wait for a fresh coaching staff.
Agreed. Dak didn't play well. Got it, but he's not the major problem here. This team has issues everywhere. The offense and defense does the same thing every week. We must be one of the easiest teams to play against. Other teams know exactly what we are trying to do. This team has to change it's coaching staff and philosophy. Jerry has to see this.

MikeB80

Reaction score
he is not even close.

paying him will be franchise suicide, paying cooper also will be suicide.

This organization needs a fresh start. Hire a good coach who can hire a good staff, sit on the salary cap space we have and rebuild starting with the defense.

Do not fear the unknown. Teams keep finding qb's and wr's from every round, no need to blow the cap and the future on a guy who plays exactly the same way against every good team we face.

I fear they will pay dak and cooper, make a mediocre hiring and end up in two years with a bunch of old expensive guys and a qb who pats the ball 50 times and can't beat good teams.

khiladi

Reaction score
Agreed. Dak didn't play well. Got it, but he's not the major problem here. This team has issues everywhere. The offense and defense does the same thing every week. We must be one of the easiest teams to play against. Other teams know exactly what we are trying to do. This team has to change it's coaching staff and philosophy. Jerry has to see this.

you don’t think the offense does the same thing every week in part because of Dak himself?