Convince me that Dak Prescott is a top shelf QB and worth signing right now

tyke1doe

Reaction score
All I know is if Tua is on the board anywhere near our first-round pick, I'm not waiting for him to fall to our pick. I'm moving up to get him. I don't care if we have Dak. I take him and don't look back. Let him fully heal, rebuild our offensive line and let him take over for Dak in 2021.
The man has uncanny accuracy. We REALLY need a quarterback like him.

75boyz

Reaction score
Looked like 2017 Dak out there today: balls in the dirt, balls thrown a mile high, screen passes intercepted, lack of pocket awareness.

This came to mind for me as well. It’s often not mentioned here for whatever reason.

If I remember correctly that 3 game stretch where we didn’t score any tds.

We had Zeke suspended and I can’t remember if Tyron had returned from injury “post Chaz Green”

And then that was the “If Sean Lee plays” defensive stats year I think too where they showed the crazy decline in defensive stats when Lee didn’t play

I guess my point is...Smith and Zeke played. So did Sean Lee and they scored twice at least. But to your point, last week and this weeks game resembled 2017 but without the injury excuses

Definitely not a good look for Dak

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I agree. I can't argue with that. But I'm not upset you're picking on Dak. He did stink today. But it's hard to single out Dak for his poor play against top defenses this year when it always seems like the whole team flops when they play quality opponents.

For example, did the defense even try to tackle Josh Allen on his TD run? Pathetic. That one play embarrassed me today more than any Dak fumble or overthrow.
What the defense did against the opposing QB is irrelevant.

Try to remain on topic.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What the defense did against the opposing QB is irrelevant.

Try to remain on topic.

Sorry. But I think the offensive line gave up too much pressure on Dak as well. Might have affected his timing. I hope Dak isn't developing 2017 Chaz Green syndrome again.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
EKf-lN7XsAAOXKm.jpg

Nav22

Reaction score
Because it’s ridiculously dense to judge a QB off of 1 game? Good or bad?

His overall performance, over 3+ years, has been very good.

His performance today stunk.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Its the same for years, after they run the scripted plays in the first quarter, they don't know how to call a game. They go back to running the same predictable plays. If I can tell what the play is before they run it, you can bet the defense does too.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak is fine with a clean pocket. However, any time you need him to avoid a bit of pressure consistently his poor pocket precense show up big time.

Today was a big example of that issue.

It separates the men from the boys in the NFL.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sorry. But I think the offensive line gave up too much pressure on Dak as well. Might have affected his timing. I hope Dak isn't developing 2017 Chaz Green syndrome again.
OMG, we better draft a couple more OL in the first round so he can make it.

Period point blank is that tonight he felt pressure. This was not a Chaz Green jailbreak situation.

I think the player is mobile. Can he not have something in his head to help him compete against a pass rush?

Or will he look like a total stiff? Like he did tonight.

cern

Reaction score
Convince me, based off this game, that Dak Prescott is a top shelf QB and worth signing right now.

This was embarrassing honestly.
I can't. no matter how hard I tried. i'd have to convince myself first. and I can't do that.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Because it’s ridiculously dense to judge a QB off of 1 game? Good or bad?

His overall performance, over 3+ years, has been very good.

His performance today stunk.

We can judge some things. I actually think Dak is a good Quaterback, but an Elite, clutch, Quaterback would at least win some games against good teams, wouldn't you say? Honestly, most of the blame goes on the organization. Dak now falls into the same Tier that Romo was in and is wasted here.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Let's take any quarterback's worst game of the year and convince you he's worth keeping.

Tom Brady went 18/39 for 150 yards one week this year. I think he's still pretty good.

Dak had a bad game today. All QB's do. Not being a Dak apologist, just trying to see the big picture. Prescott's been too good all year to let one game ruin his long term future here.
Yes, you are

Nav22

Reaction score
We can judge some things. I actually think Dak is a good Quaterback, but an Elite, clutch, Quaterback would at least win some games against good teams, wouldn't you say? Honestly, most of the blame goes on the organization. Dak now falls into the same Tier that Romo was in and is wasted here.
He’s good enough to win with and certainly good enough to be the long-term QB.

Nothing else matters to me.

Those who keep slamming Dak (not you) are just hoping that reality will somehow change and he’ll magically be a bad QB who we cut or trade. It’s adorable.

Dak’s kicking their teeth in at life and ruining their fan experience.