Convince me that Dak Prescott is a top shelf QB and worth signing right now

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Wrong. Dak had over 250 yards passing by early in the 4th quarter and 1 TD passing.

Yes plus turnovers and holding on too the bal

LLLOOOLLL, I know someone will chime in on this post about how good he played. Skip Bayless always says how his QB brought them back and S. Sharpe if he played that good why were down 31-6 to begin with, he could not have been playing that well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
AGAIN, he was rewarded BECAUSE of his play helping his team get to the Super Bowl. DAK has not done this, DAK has not accomplished anything. He has not done anything to deserve a contract like that.

A contract is a combination of what a player has done along with potential - the latter is always debatable/prediction, the former is not. Dak never got to a Super Bowl, Goff did.
Romo didn't do diddly, yet I bet you never complained when he got franchise record contract extensions TWICE? But now you are chirping?

DFWJC

Reaction score
That was his worst game of the season, hands down. No excuses for him. He has a lot of work to do if he wants to be paid the amount he thinks he will be paid. What a pitiful performance by him.
The three worst were New Orleans , New England, and this one.
The only three pass Ds we've face all year in the top 13 in the league.
Hard to pick which was the worst, though I vote New Orleans.

He and the Cowboys face another decent defense next week.
Maybe they finally have a god outing. Hope so

His (and team’s) best outing Vs a decent team was vs Philly.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
Go ahead and explain to us how ESPN determines their QBR - then give me the names of the people who put it together.
I’m sure you’d find a problem with any metric that beats you over the head with how effective Dak has been this season.

They’re all fraudulent! FAKE NEWS!

By ANY metric, he’s been top 12.

By most metrics, he’s been top 10. Easily.

By idiots who don’t like facts or math, “DAK SUX!!!”

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Romo didn't do diddly, yet I bet you never complained when he got franchise record contract extensions TWICE? But now you are chirping?

Romo wasn't predicted to get Rodgers type money - Romo was on the level of Rivers and got that type of contract. The contract Dak is asking for will be pretty dang close to a player like Russel Wilson who is currently playing like the best QB in the league.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I’m sure you’d find a problem with any metric that beats you over the head with how effective Dak has been this season.

Yeah, you dodged. I asked you to explain QBR - I'm guessing you haven't even read up on it when it was initially created in 2011 and took a lot of heat and ESPN had to write up some long-winded BS that.....still got criticized because it's bogus. I have never used ESPN's QBR on here, it's dumb and always has been. I don't even use PFF much, but I have been in contact and even had lengthy discussions with employees over there and I understand why they come to the conclusions they do. ESPN is not as transparent about their ratings.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

QBR ain't gonna cut it with the FO or the fan base.

You do know you're considered a Joke here......

P.S. Take that inept QB of yours and go FA shopping in the Spring and see what fruits you can muster?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The three worst were New Orleans , New England, and this one.
The only three pass Ds we've face all year in the top 13 in the league.
Hard to pick which was the worst, though I vote New Orleans.

No way was the Saints game his worst game. He didn’t turn the ball over (until that last minute Hail Mary) and we likely would’ve won had Maher not missed his usual FG attempt and had Zeke and Witten both not fumbled on the 50 yard line on promising drives. He didn’t have Gallup either (not that injuries are an excuse).

Pats game was raining and against the best secondary in the league against the best coach. Passing shouldn’t have been our priority that game yet it was. He still gets tons of deserved blame but I’ll cut him some slack.

Today’s game there should be no excuses. Everyone healthy. No weather conditions. At home. He had everything he needed to succeed yet he didn’t. Today was his worst game since the Colts game last year.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Where's my 6'4" pure pocket passer at?

Draft the WR from Colorado Laviska Shenault in the first then the QB Steven Montez from Colorado in the second. These two guys already have a damn good connection. Shenault can definitely play like a true 88 and Montez can play Aikmen-ish.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where's my 6'4" pure pocket passer at?

Draft the WR from Colorado Laviska Shenault in the first then the QB Steven Montez from Colorado in the second. These two guys already have a damn good connection. Shenault can definitely play like a true 88 and Montez can play Aikmen-ish.

The only future Dak has in Big D is in the PR dept.
That's about all he does well.