Twitter: Cool QB Graphic

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Even the chart is inflated :omg:. We need to introduce a garbage time analytic. Dak would top 5 in that stat.

Edit: they also need to do a talent comparison. Sure Dak has better stats, but compare his weapons to Wentz or Josh Allen’s weapons. Of course Dak has better (inflated) stats. On top of that, his stats aren’t even that much better.

Unfortunately, the only stat that matters is wins. And in comparison to a lot of QB’s this year, Dak was average as always.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

From this Reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/eo8u92/qb_statistical_profiles_for_2019_season/

0bmmes1.png

There will be some people here that will be colorblind Dak's stats and say that he's the worst QB in the NFL. Bet on it.

Reactions: CWR

FanSince71

Reaction score
Edit: they also need to do a talent comparison.

My only argument to that is I believe personnel shouldn’t factor in because the player has no control who he lines up with on game day. Some teams draft horribly. Some teams don’t spend in free agency. Injuries happen, etc.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Even the chart is inflated :omg:. We need to introduce a garbage time analytic. Dak would top 5 in that stat..

Garbage time has come up a lot this year since the throwing less than 200 yards complaint from last year couldn’t be used any more.

Just curious, what criteria are you using for garbage time? I would like to use that same standard to review Romo’s 2012 season to see how Dak’s garbage time stats measure up to Romo’s garbage time stats from that year. As an example, I believe almost all of Romo’s 441 yards passing and all 3 TDs against Washington on Thanksgiving Day would be considered garbage time.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak shows an acceptable chart, despite, the team support this year having been far less acceptable, imho. The team's overall morale obviously suffered with the coaching and team cohesiveness also suffering accordingly.

Hopefully, more astute coaching and the team's support for this newly established regime might see them performing more intensely, even though many required adjustments for a new staff should be quite demanding.

Most assuredly, the necessary tweaks and learning curve will be considerable. The many changes that have taken place with the new coaches will likely demand a generous helping of patience from the fans. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

zerofill

Reaction score
You can only go by what you watch... Unless you can put all of these players in the exact same situation... it really means nothing.

If you could take all of the cowboys games, every play and insert Aaron Rodgers, Carr, Dalton, Mahomes... whoever... Then, we have something that matters.
Outside of doing that you have your eyes, and that is really about it for comparing QBs.

I am saying that for every QB, not just Dak...

BUT COME ON....

We have the Dak lovers, Dak haters, The people on the fence, the highly critical, etc...

When it comes to Dak... really... if the FO thought he was as good as Mahomes, Wilson, and many of the others out there... Do you really think they would have waited?

Does anyone really think Jerry wouldn't have signed him, and been pounding his chest that they have their new QB god?

So obviously it isn't just the people on this board, the organization wasn't or isn't sure as well...

Do you think Jerry after the season Mahomes had last year, wouldn't have made him the highest paid QB at the beginning of the season?

These guys are around Dak every day... They know what they have in Dak. They are trying to assess what it is really worth to them, and to the team.

I mean it isn't just some of us that are skeptical when it comes to Dak... the friggin FO is as well. When has anyone remembered Jerry
being this patient to get deals done, with what he thinks is a homerun, no matter how bad or good it is?

Stephen isn't stopping him... if Jerry was that gung ho, this deal would have been done before the first snap of the season for sure.
When Jerry wants to do something, no one stops him from doing it, other than him.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You can only go by what you watch... Unless you can put all of these players in the exact same situation... it really means nothing.

If you could take all of the cowboys games, every play and insert Aaron Rodgers, Carr, Dalton, Mahomes... whoever... Then, we have something that matters.
Outside of doing that you have your eyes, and that is really about it for comparing QBs.

I am saying that for every QB, not just Dak...

BUT COME ON....

We have the Dak lovers, Dak haters, The people on the fence, the highly critical, etc...

When it comes to Dak... really... if the FO thought he was as good as Mahomes, Wilson, and many of the others out there... Do you really think they would have waited?

Does anyone really think Jerry wouldn't have signed him, and been pounding his chest that they have their new QB god?

So obviously it isn't just the people on this board, the organization wasn't or isn't sure as well...

Do you think Jerry after the season Mahomes had last year, wouldn't have made him the highest paid QB at the beginning of the season?

These guys are around Dak every day... They know what they have in Dak. They are trying to assess what it is really worth to them, and to the team.

I mean it isn't just some of us that are skeptical when it comes to Dak... the friggin FO is as well. When has anyone remembered Jerry
being this patient to get deals done, with what he thinks is a homerun, no matter how bad or good it is?

Stephen isn't stopping him... if Jerry was that gung ho, this deal would have been done before the first snap of the season for sure.
When Jerry wants to do something, no one stops him from doing it, other than him.
Yes. I think they would’ve “waited”. Because they are negotiating. That is, each side is trying to get the best price for themselves.

If Dak would’ve accepted their offer he’d be signed. He gambled that he could prove he’s worth more. By nearly every account his price has gone up. So I’d say it was a good gamble from his point of view and possibly a bad one from Jerry’s(money wise).

If Jerry offered more he’d be signed. Make no mistake Dak will be signed to a monster contract. Those that aren’t able to accept this are experiencing denial. https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/general/what-is-denial-psychology-how-to-address-it/

Im not saying you are experiencing it. I’m just saying it’s real and I find it interesting how or why some are confused and upset by the play of our QB.

This graph is just another example of why I’m confused about their confusion.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
I just love how stat who$es always refer back to stats but seem to leave out the fact that this team could only average 17 points per game in their 8 losses versus 37 points per game in their 8 wins.
Now of course the people who have hitched their wagons to #4 will say that is because the offense (which led him to all those amazing stats) was limited by the horrible HC JG, they or course give the Kid (Kellen Moore) a pass.
This magical graph shown in the OP is just another b/s use of information and the avoidance of believing what your eyes actually see.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Even the chart is inflated :omg:. We need to introduce a garbage time analytic. Dak would top 5 in that stat.

Edit: they also need to do a talent comparison. Sure Dak has better stats, but compare his weapons to Wentz or Josh Allen’s weapons. Of course Dak has better (inflated) stats. On top of that, his stats aren’t even that much better.

Unfortunately, the only stat that matters is wins. And in comparison to a lot of QB’s this year, Dak was average as always.
So now winning is a quarterback stat? But when he was second in wins behind Brady and second in 4th quarter comebacks it was a team stat. Amazing how that works

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I just love how stat who$es always refer back to stats but seem to leave out the fact that this team could only average 17 points per game in their 8 losses versus 37 points per game in their 8 wins.
Now of course the people who have hitched their wagons to #4 will say that is because the offense (which led him to all those amazing stats) was limited by the horrible HC JG, they or course give the Kid (Kellen Moore) a pass.
This magical graph shown in the OP is just another b/s use of information and the avoidance of believing what your eyes actually see.
This is fair, as long as you apply it consistently to all QBs. Like Tony Romo for example. He was thought of as pure garbage by many of the fanbase, much like Dak is. People believed there was was no way the team would ever win with Romo as QB and craved every Brady Quinn-like QB in the draft to replace him .

Romo stat geeks brought out stat after stat to argue against the notion Romo sucks and we could win with him, even comparing himself to the grest QBs like Manning, Brees, and Brady.

But the eye test showed he just wasn’t good with the season on the line in elimination games. Our top 10 offense didn’t look top 10 anymore if we had a week 17 NFC East Championship game or playoff game. I believe our offense averaged a measly 19 points per game, scoring over 21 points only twice if I remember correctly.

But, but, but look at the passer rating. Some people believe that makes him Hall of Fame worthy. Those stat ******.

Last edited:

Gaede

Reaction score
Oh wins? Ok well the team is 40-24 his first 4 years.

Funny how it took you guys 4 years to figure out wins were important. LOL

The first 3 years when we were 13-3, 9-7, and 10-6 wins didn't mean anything.

No losing seasons in his first 4 years.

Anything else?

Yeah but has Dak won a game vs the Patriots on a 16 game win streak in a Super Bowl in New York during a snowstorm and an earthquake when his offensive line is full of backups and his running back is girl or a dog or something.

THEN we will know Dak is a good qb.

Gaede

Reaction score
These graphs confirm what we all know: Dak is a solid all around QB. I think if you believe anything different, please explain. Because literally all the numbers are not in your favour.

Thing is, haters and fans can both be right. Dak is good but he's not great. He can make all the throws, he can score points, and he can lead the team. The jury is still out as to whether he can lead them to the Super Bowl, and after last year, we are all justified in wondering whether he has that extra bit of toughness to go all the way.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Garbage time has come up a lot this year since the throwing less than 200 yards complaint from last year couldn’t be used any more.

Just curious, what criteria are you using for garbage time? I would like to use that same standard to review Romo’s 2012 season to see how Dak’s garbage time stats measure up to Romo’s garbage time stats from that year. As an example, I believe almost all of Romo’s 441 yards passing and all 3 TDs against Washington on Thanksgiving Day would be considered garbage time.

My definition of garbage time is when it’s late 3rd/4th and the opponent has about 24-31 points and you only have 3-7 points. I know football is crazy, but it’s almost impossible to come back from points like that in a single quarter. Romo had garbage time games too. I’m not singling Dak out here. Romo just had more talent and did more with less IMO.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
These graphs confirm what we all know: Dak is a solid all around QB. I think if you believe anything different, please explain. Because literally all the numbers are not in your favour.

Thing is, haters and fans can both be right. Dak is good but he's not great. He can make all the throws, he can score points, and he can lead the team. The jury is still out as to whether he can lead them to the Super Bowl, and after last year, we are all justified in wondering whether he has that extra bit of toughness to go all the way.
What Dak lacks most is consistency. He has the tools for the job, he just doesn't always use them properly.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
My definition of garbage time is when it’s late 3rd/4th and the opponent has about 24-31 points and you only have 3-7 points. I know football is crazy, but it’s almost impossible to come back from points like that in a single quarter. Romo had garbage time games too. I’m not singling Dak out here. Romo just had more talent and did more with less IMO.
Romo was definitely better when we were down 24-31 points.