Twitter: Coop - I want to be here catching passes from Dak

Altestic

Reaction score
This says "I'm not married to the Cowboys." And there's no reason for him to be.

Performance this season is job one if you're looking for your big pay day *next* year.
But the Cowboys are married to him, though. So Coop Coop has all the leverage. Because as a franchise you don't trade a top 10-12 pick (if we hadn't made the trade) for a 3rd round comp pick two years later.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But the Cowboys are married to him, though. So Coop Coop has all the leverage. Because as a franchise you don't trade a top 10-12 pick (if we hadn't made the trade) for a 3rd round comp pick two years later.

Giving Coop all the leverage.

His best strategy might be to hit free agency next year, then give the Cowboys a chance to beat other offers, since they have to sign him or look like morons.

Or, he tells Jerry that's the plan, and say "or you could ridiculously overpay me this year and get it over with now".

Cooper's contract will be a bad one for us.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Giving Coop all the leverage.

His best strategy might be to hit free agency next year, then give the Cowboys a chance to beat other offers, since they have to sign him or look like morons.

Or, he tells Jerry that's the plan, and say "or you could ridiculously overpay me this year and get it over with now".

Cooper's contract will be a bad one for us.
Then everyone can hate on him next year. lol

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Management put themselves in this position. I don't blame him. He should sue his agent for malpractice if he doesn't turn the screws on Jerry.
The Cowboys should have had all this figured out when they got him. They were more concerned with saving JG last year more than anything.

Scotman

Reaction score
I could get 4 yards behind this line.

Not per carry...total.

I'm not a fan of Zeke holding out. I'm just not. Stud on the field. And, I know every one doesn't agree, but I am getting the impression he isn't a good guy off the field. I know there are lots of people that just chalk it up to age. I'm not in that camp. His behavior towards the security guard tainted my opinion of him. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. Cooper looks more and more like a player who I can root for. He came in and helped us win games. He made the entire team better. He isn't a primadonna. He is a rarity in the NFL WR groups. I'm hoping he and Dak truly click this year. The other WR's and the whole team benefits from his attitude.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Both of Dak and Amari have come to an agreement that they need each other to maximize their contract potential. This is going to make them dangerous on the field and in negotiations :)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The wine and cheese crowd in here turning on zeke is so predictable. Yall love these guys until you realize they arent here for your entertainment. Every single time.
Yep

The Lynch Mob

torch-and-pitchfork-mob.jpg.cf.jpg

Last edited: