Twitter: Cooper’s agent at practice with Stephen per Fisher

Altestic

Reaction score
If we sign Dak and Cooper, while trading Zeke I will know we have finally turned the corner.

99% won't happen though
I know we'll REALLY have turned the corner if we pay Cooper but trade Zeke AND Dak for a bunch of picks. Zeke is top 10 at his position but he isn't worth the drama / baggage nor the short shelf life for the high dollar. Dak has no baggage but isn't top 15 at his position so he isn't worth 30m+ a year. Cooper is top 5, young, no-drama, and low injury risk.

J12B

Reaction score
CB is harder to replace than RB.

2 interceptions in 4 years is not hard to replace at all.

Granted Jones played good at CB last year.

Zeke has been much more impactful and has not showed signs of slowing down.

If we have to choose 1 of these 2, I'm taking Zeke all day.

Wouldn't be disappointed if we let both walk though.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
2 interceptions in 4 years is not hard to replace at all.

Granted Jones played good at CB last year.

Zeke has been much more impactful and has not showed signs of slowing down.

If we have to choose 1 of these 2, I'm taking Zeke all day.

Wouldn't be disappointed if we let both walk though.
Interceptions isn't everything with a corner and the fact you think so makes me question anything you say. Jones shut down receivers last season and that is more impactful than a running back. The league is all about passing, if you can't stop the pass you can't win.

J12B

Reaction score
Interceptions isn't everything with a corner and the fact you think so makes me question anything you say. Jones shut down receivers last season and that is more impactful than a running back. The league is all about passing, if you can't stop the pass you can't win.

He played great the first 12 games of the season against #2WR's mostly. But still, zero interceptions.

His performance dropped at the end of the year. Played bad against NYG and gave up a huge play against Seattle in the Wild Card game that kept Seattle alive under 2 minutes. That was unacceptable.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wonder if something happens by the end of the weekend now that Thomas's deal is done.

Maybe they had some leaked info, and started a dialogue