News: Cooper and Byron Jones probably gone

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Sign Dak and franchise Cooper. Easy. We already know what Dak will be getting, it is just a matter of signing the deal. Cooper has always said he will let his play determine his market, i dont see how anyone would have a problem with that. In fact we been posting on here asking players to do just that.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I am shocked, shocked to find player agents posturing in the media when they stand to make millions of dollars from it.

This posturing will last about a week into the offseason and Cooper will resign, probably Jones as well. When the last time Dallas lost a big free agent they wanted to keep? DeMarco Murray when he got a huge overpayment from the Eagles?

And by the way, its an empty threat to say you aren't negotiating in the last few weeks of the season when no team is negotiating with their potential FAs anyway.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sign Dak and franchise Cooper. Easy. We already know what Dak will be getting, it is just a matter of signing the deal. Cooper has always said he will let his play determine his market, i dont see how anyone would have a problem with that. In fact we been posting on here asking players to do just that.

Not sure we can afford 60 million per for a QB and WR. You gotta go cheap somewhere or sacrifice depth.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If this is true, it makes what was looking like a good trade into potentially another horrible decision. They really should have ironed this out last season. This team needs a real GM as much as it needs a real coach. It's a shame it'll never happen.

Let em leave. Cooper disappears on the road. Byron does what? What exactky does he do on the field. Good riddance. Spit on the star on the helmet also as you leave. You never cared for it anyways.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not surprising.

Cooper doesn’t look like he wants to be here despite some of his comments.

And Dak doesn’t want to take less.

Stuff like this is where Jerry really shoots the team in the foot. Any other team has an extension worked out BEFORE sending a first round pick.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I’m ok with it. What have these guys ever won? The Jones’ are always enamored with players that don’t win.

the new coach won’t likely be able to change this culture, but I’m hoping against hope he does

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Tank, Jaylon and Zeke are looking like horrible contracts already. If Dallas makes Dak the highest paid QB and Cooper the highest paid WR while winning 8 games, we are going to be locked into this mediocrity for years regardless of what happens with coaching. This is really a nightmare scenario.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Tank, Jaylon and Zeke are looking like horrible contracts already. If Dallas makes Dak the highest paid QB and Cooper the highest paid WR while winning 8 games, we are going to be locked into this mediocrity for years regardless of what happens with coaching. This is really a nightmare scenario.

Well looks like we won’t be paying Coop anyways so it doesn’t matter. Kiss Coop goodbye.