News: Cooper and Byron Jones probably gone

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak's greed keeps us from signing Amari it will come back to bite Dak.

Dak-extinction continues as now he's not only gonna cost us Cooper and Byron but a wasted no 1 pick!

This Player is the Cowboy 666.......

remdak

Reaction score
Gruden is out there laughing at Dallas. His team is just as good as the Cowboys and he doesn’t have to pay Cooper

Last edited:

EJK24

Reaction score
I dont know what Dak or Amaris contract demands are but I can tell you that from the perspective of a fan, this is a lose-lose situation.

If they get Dak signed its probably going to cost top 3 money for his position I would imagine. I dont what that number is but it's going to be extremely high.

If they sign Amari I would imagine we are once again talking about top tier money, maybe 5-7 pay?

Either way it's going to be really expensive, I think we can all agree on that. I'm no fan of Jerry and how things are done with him as owner/gm but whatever he does here he will be trashed all over the media and specifically by us fans.

Pay the guys and its "Jerry is an idiot why would he spend this much money when we have so many holes on the team."

Dont pay the guys and its "Jerry is an idiot how can he let these guys walk out the door? Dak was good enough and the pieces around him werent now we have no QB and no WR."

As fans we want the best players we can get and pay the least amount possible. Dak and Amari are not coming on any kind of discount and now its either keep them and pay a premium or try and find replacements cheaper in the draft.

Personally, I dont see anyway Dak leaves. Just my opinion, Jones doesnt wanna go into a season without a QB and Dak has done enough to warrant keeping him.

Amari situation is probably a little more uncertainty because they may decide Gallup is cheap and developing enough to be a WR1. To me, Gallup is playing good now but he also has a tendency to disappear at times. I dont know that it's a product of the system, who we are playing, inconsistency by him, but he shows up at times in a way that makes him seem like hes turning into a big time player but then has games where he seems invisible. The bigger problem is can they let Amari leave knowing they gave up a first rounder for him?

Once again, I dont wanna lose any valuable players but its just a reality that it's going to happen at some point whether we like it or not.

It's not our money and we cant manage the cap but we do know there is only so much to go around so someone/multiple people are going to be allowed to walk.

eternaljester81

Reaction score
This all sounds like speculation on La Canfora's part. He quotes no sources, and injects his opinion in the artictle. At this point, it's nothing but click bait.

kskboys

Reaction score
I wouldn't like it, but I'd be forced to let them both walk if they want maxed out contracts.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Sign Dak and franchise Cooper. Easy. We already know what Dak will be getting, it is just a matter of signing the deal. Cooper has always said he will let his play determine his market, i dont see how anyone would have a problem with that. In fact we been posting on here asking players to do just that.
you have that backwards, very very backwards.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Gotta sign Dak so we can franchise Amari - I've been saying it all year. Amari is a weird character, I knew this would happen.

He's weird because he wants full market value?

Maverick84

Reaction score
Refusing to negotiate right now doesn’t mean they’re “hell bent on hitting the open market”. The longer they wait, the more the market drives up. Same with Dak. But in Byron’s case, Dallas probably won’t want to pay him.
you misquoted him... he didn't say "hell"... he was hell-bent on saying "heck"