News: Cooper and Byron Jones probably gone

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Lol. This team is a joke. Imagine letting go of the WR you traded a first round pick for :facepalm:. Step up MG, looks like you’ll be our #1 from now on.

IDK man. Having Cooper on the field helps Gallup tremendously. With Cooper gone, I’m not sure MG can’t handle the #1 role yet. Unless they can pick up another WR to help spread the field. Cobb ain’t it and Smith hasn’t even been active.

lwehlers

Reaction score
see why the raiders traded cooper because they did not want to work with coopers agent. coopers agent wants to him to be the highest paid receiver. just have to spend a first round or second pick on another wr or go in free agency and sign another guy to take coopers place.

Qcard

Reaction score
Why would Amari's agent negotiate....

They are waiting on Dak's decision

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It was fun while it lasted, Amari :(. So long, farewell.
This reminds me of Bea Arthur on the Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) singing Goodnight, But Not Goodbye...

MNXw.gif

She got them jazz hands cookin'!

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
The OP’s title is very misleading. Read the article, people. It doesn’t say Cooper probably doesn’t return, only that he’ll test the market if he’s not tagged, which makes sense. Why wouldn’t he?

EJK24

Reaction score
see why the raiders traded cooper because they did not want to work with coopers agent. coopers agent wants to him to be the highest paid receiver. just have to spend a first round or second pick on another wr or go in free agency and sign another guy to take coopers place.

I think you might be wrong here on that point. I'm pretty sure Amari doesn't have the same agent now as he had with the Raiders.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would Amari's agent negotiate....

They are waiting on Dak's decision

If Dak gets the mega-deal saying goodbye to good players will become a usual experience the next 2 seasons!
Jerry football 101 and then you think those 24 years of hunger are just bad luck!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If Dak gets the mega-deal saying goodbye to good players will become a usual experience the next 2 seasons!
Jerry football 101 and then you think those 24 years of hunger are just bad luck!
You obviously know nothing about contracts, the salary cap and the new CBA. Troll.

Creeper

Reaction score
Who didn't see this coming? Why wouldn't an agent make his client hit the open market? Agents owe it to their clients to get them the best deal possible. I would do the same thing if I was Cooper or Byron Jones. I think they are both gone. Once they hit the market Jerry will not get into a bidding war for them. The Cowboys should have made the deal contingent on signing Cooper to a longer term deal. Otherwise the 1st round pick for him was paying to much.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You’re a dramatic little sister aren’t you?
He was the tank commander at the beginning of the year.
Always overly dramatic about the team.

Has been right on certain things though.

Still dramatic as heck thoughout.

Makes me think of that Leave Britney Alone! guy.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The OP’s title is very misleading. Read the article, people. It doesn’t say Cooper probably doesn’t return, only that he’ll test the market if he’s not tagged, which makes sense. Why wouldn’t he?

Well, because his agent is an idiot and doesn't like money. So the agent will announce that Cooper will take whatever offer the Cowboys give him, even though no team works on contracts at this point in the season and won't for a month or two.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You obviously know nothing about contracts, the salary cap and the new CBA. Troll.

Now troll away the cap.
Sell crazy bud and go find some stat or chart that shows we have billions of cap space if your man Dak get his most UNDESERVED and team destroying mega-deal!

lwehlers

Reaction score
I think you might be wrong here on that point. I'm pretty sure Amari doesn't have the same agent now as he had with the Raiders.
I think you are right but his current agent sure wants cooper to be the highest paid receiver. I bet the cowboys could easily give cooper julio jones money but I think coopers agent is looking for more.