Cooper and Gallup OTW

kskboys

Reaction score
I think we are truly looking at topflight duo of WR's. Co #1's.

Am I being premature? I don't think so. These two guys both run great routes, and Gallup is looking like a 3rd round steal.

And then, we have SirCed coming back, who I think will be a high quality player himself. This kid is very raw, but he has the skills to be a very good player.

From bottom of the barrel receiving corps, to a top 5 receiving corps!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I personally like Cooper, Austin, Gallup as my starting three.. with Hurns and Beasley as my back ups.

I like what this team is doing though, as far as WRs, TEs, etc.

CODE_BLUE56

Reaction score
I would kind of like us to establish a lead TE, although Swaim is hurt. And, on the other hand, rotating TEs and 2 TE sets seem more popular these days...

Macnalty

Reaction score
Anyone else think Beasley just lost his future contract with the boys, he will be asking going rate and I think the FO will pass because of Gallup and Brown.

Techsass

Reaction score
Before we got Amari folks were praising our future with Gallup. Gallup isn't quite there, but he already stands out. The two out there together are going to screw up loading the box. And even then they'll both still score.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Yeah I'm very excited for Gallup...Him and Dak BOTH have to keep working with each other. Multiple times this year they've BOTH been at fault for different reasons but once they iron those things out it's gonna be a fun thing to watch.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I'm very optimistic about these two. Once Dak and Gallop truly get in sync, ah man, it's going to be beautiful.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone else think Beasley just lost his future contract with the boys, he will be asking going rate and I think the FO will pass because of Gallup and Brown.

The writing has been on the wall that Beasley is out of Dallas when his contract is up. Gallup takes his place, and we draft a mid-rounder to step into the void, and they let Brown get a shot.

We'll probably retain Austin if the price is right. The team seems to like him and he's got speed, at least.

Macnalty

Reaction score
The writing has been on the wall that Beasley is out of Dallas when his contract is up. Gallup takes his place, and we draft a mid-rounder to step into the void, and they let Brown get a shot.

We'll probably retain Austin if the price is right. The team seems to like him and he's got speed, at least.
I really like Beasley he is a football player, this offense does not take advantage of his abilities and I will not be surprised that he lights things up in another offensive scheme.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really like Beasley he is a football player, this offense does not take advantage of his abilities and I will not be surprised that he lights things up in another offensive scheme.

Me, too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I don't know what Beasley future will be but I would not be surprised if he ends up having a big post season for the Cowboys. He is becoming the forgotten man and I think as teams try to adjust to Cooper and Gallup that Beasley will get some big opportunities to be a difference maker for this offense.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't know what Beasley future will be but I would not be surprised if he ends up having a big post season for the Cowboys. He is becoming the forgotten man and I think as teams try to adjust to Cooper and Gallup that Beasley will get some big opportunities to be a difference maker for this offense.

Beasley has skills, and other teams would be glad to have him. But you never know how a player views his place on a team, he's said (and I'm sure he's sincere about it) that he wants more targets, but hasn't said he'd leave if he doesn't get them.

He's nearly 30 years old, most likely his next multi-year contract will be his last. Does he like the Dallas area, the fact that the team is young and apparently on the upswing and that he has a good fan base? Maybe he doesn't want to uproot to another area, remember he's a native Texan, played at SMU. Lots of ex-NFL players live in the Dallas area, apparently there's lots of opportunities for them.

So it may not come down to money...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Beasley has skills, and other teams would be glad to have him. But you never know how a player views his place on a team, he's said (and I'm sure he's sincere about it) that he wants more targets, but hasn't said he'd leave if he doesn't get them.

He's nearly 30 years old, most likely his next multi-year contract will be his last. Does he like the Dallas area, the fact that the team is young and apparently on the upswing and that he has a good fan base? Maybe he doesn't want to uproot to another area, remember he's a native Texan, played at SMU. Lots of ex-NFL players live in the Dallas area, apparently there's lots of opportunities for them.

So it may not come down to money...

As I said I don't know what his future holds in Dallas. I like Beasley and hope they can work a cap friendly deal if not then Cowboys and Beasley will move on. As for staying in Dallas much of that has to do with Texas not having a state income tax. We have a lot of Athletes in the Houston area as well around Sugarland outside of Houston and for the same reason many stay in the Dallas area, no state income tax. lol

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Beasley misses Witten more then any one. I like him but he is just too limited in what he brings to the table.