Twitter: Cooper on leaving Dallas

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That is the way he is. Even keeled, if you want an emotional player you have to take the good with the bad. People want a fiery Ra-Ra guy but don't want him to be primadonna. Most good WR are primadonnas.

Coop was great but once we used the 17th pick on Lamb, it was over.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Browns are having a real laugh getting him for only a fifth round pick. I have a sick feeling the Cowboys are going to regret letting him go. I’m sure the team is already not feeling good about it. They would’ve preferred to move on from Zeke but were stuck. It wouldn’t have taken much to find a better back than Zeke at this stage in his career. Finding a better receiver/route runner than Cooper is going to be a real challenge.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
To me this is quintessential Coop. Kind of non-descript, a little disinterested, some love mixed with “oh well.”

What the devil does for the bad, God turns it to the good. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones tried to make an example of Amari Cooper. But let's look at the real deal:
1. With the new WR free agent signings and trade signings, Amari Cooper for $20M would be a deal for the Jonesboys. Now Cleveland gets a cheap Pro Bowl WR for the next 3 years.
2. Everybody laugh that there was no QB to throw Cooper the ball the day of the trade with Mayfield having a sub par season and shoulder injured. The Browns trade for 2020 passing yard leader and 3 time Pro Bowler QB Deshaun Watson. Now Amari Cooper has the best QB he has had in his career.
3. Cowboys start the 2021 season losing 2 starters on the OL, 1 starter at DE, and a starting no.1 WR. They now have the shadow of "murder was the case that they gave me" with CB Bossman Fat Joseph to open voluntary workouts. The first day of Browns camp it snows in April with Deshaun Watson and Amari Cooper present and players throwing snowballs the Cleveland way.
4. Cowboys have tons of questions at TE, and WR. Cleveland WR and TE depth looks ready to play football today:
LWR 2 Cooper, Amari T/Dal 10 Schwartz, Anthony 21/3
RWR 11 Peoples-Jones, Donovan 20/6 84 Bradley, Ja'Marcus CF20
SWR 9 Grant, Jakeem U/Chi
LTE 85 Njoku, David FP 48 Guggemos, Nick SF21
RTE 88 Bryant, Harrison 20/4

Since 1995, nothing the Arlington Jonesboys have done has worked. Why? Because of Jerry Dumbo GM Jones and Son of a Dumbo GM Jones. You lose in the off season you lose in the regular season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is the way he is. Even keeled, if you want an emotional player you have to take the good with the bad. People want a fiery Ra-Ra guy but don't want him to be primadonna. Most good WR are primadonnas.
It's not black and white. I am not sure ANYONE said "fiery ra ra". Or Dez type meltdowns.

I do think Coop misjudges the power and effect his veteran enthusiasm can have on the younger guys and the whole team.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Browns are having a real laugh getting him for only a fifth round pick. I have a sick feeling the Cowboys are going to regret letting him go. I’m sure the team is already not feeling good about it. They would’ve preferred to move on from Zeke but were stuck. It wouldn’t have taken much to find a better back than Zeke at this stage in his career. Finding a better receiver/route runner than Cooper is going to be a real challenge.
They're surely cracking up over his contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They're surely cracking up over his contract.

They’ll be happy to pay it pairing him with Deshaun Watson. The Browns are a desperate franchise they’ve never even played in a Super Bowl. They have a good roster and see a great opportunity. Our opportunity came and went last season.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They’ll be happy to pay it pairing him with Deshaun Watson. The Browns are a desperate franchise they’ve never even played in a Super Bowl. They have a good roster and see a great opportunity. Our opportunity came and went last season.
I don't see Cooper putting them over the top. We can blame everyone else, but other players out produced him. Watson isn't a guaranteed thing either.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't see Cooper putting them over the top. We can blame everyone else, but other players out produced him. Watson isn't a guaranteed thing either.

Many including those who get paid to talk football feel the Cowboys didn’t utilize Cooper to the best of his ability. No receiver we had out produced him in TDs last season. We’ll see how it goes for him in Cleveland. And yes there’s no guarantees with Deshaun Watson. He’s been out of football a while dealing with a lot of stuff. Cleveland has been a graveyard for QBs for over 20 years. However I’ll be surprised if he’s not a step up from Baker Mayfield.