Twitter: Cooper on leaving Dallas

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It has more do with the FO and the untouchable Dak Prescott.

Nope...............its about not needing to spend 22 million on Cooper when you have Lamb on a rookie deal. Allocation of resources.

Gallup for 12 and Shultz for 10= 22 for Cooper.

Easy choice. Take Gallup and Shultz. Especially when you have Lamb already the #1.

bewp7

Reaction score
yeah amari will not say any thing but this was not business

it was some thing else and what ever it was it was stupid from jerry/stephen/whoever else did not want amari here

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I will not miss his run blocking. We know we have a QB that can't win without 100 yards on the ground. When you have a WR like Coop and a TE like Shultz, that makes getting 100 yards rushing that more difficult. We're basically playing 8 against 11 with those guys on run plays.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
No reason for there to be hate for Cooper. Good player, good guy.
Never in drug program or off the field trouble. Caught some amazing passes while here. I have no idea other than cap for his departure from Dallas. I think we may miss him but I will take a wait and see first till the season is underway to say that.

Big D

Reaction score
I liked Coop. Still do actually but it was all about the $$. No hard feelings.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm glad Coop was professional w/his comment, unlike Beasley crying the blues while tossing everyone under the bus. Now Buffalo released him. Let's see if he tosses them under the bus now as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has more do with the FO and the untouchable Dak Prescott.
Same as with Beasley.

WR's must not suggest they are not the problem and Cooper did that after Booger said it was not the QB, it was the route running of the WR's. Since he is considered one of the, if not the, best route runners, I think he took exception to that stupid comment.

Booger thinks all of the fans are stupid enough to think the ball is always going to the right place, the WR is not in the right place or it would be complete.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will not miss his run blocking. We know we have a QB that can't win without 100 yards on the ground. When you have a WR like Coop and a TE like Shultz, that makes getting 100 yards rushing that more difficult. We're basically playing 8 against 11 with those guys on run plays.
Did they stress run blocking for the WR's like some other teams do? I don't think they did.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Dallas just doesn't respect wrs like that.

Cole Beasley , Terrell Owens, Dez Bryant and now Amari Cooper even Miles Austin

Dallas is under the notion that WRS are expendable. That's just their philosophy

jrumann59

Reaction score
From the day they get an agent, the fact that it is all business and nothing is personal gets drummed into their head. Because the agent is going to want them making decisions the way the teams do.

I think Cooper might have liked the area he was in better than the team he was on. He made comments about targets and had to know that was a quick way out, Same thing happened to Beasley.
But he wasn't wrong. Difference is Beasley could get 20 targets but he will gain 5-10 yards and still not score, per Cooper could make something happen with 3-4 more targets than he was getting at the time

jrumann59

Reaction score
Dallas just doesn't respect wrs like that.

Cole Beasley , Terrell Owens, Dez Bryant and now Amari Cooper even Miles Austin

Dallas is under the notion that WRS are expendable. That's just their philosophy
If that is the philosophy then quit paying them before expending them....

jrumann59

Reaction score
It's not black and white. I am not sure ANYONE said "fiery ra ra". Or Dez type meltdowns.

I do think Coop misjudges the power and effect his veteran enthusiasm can have on the younger guys and the whole team.
He plays like what many fans here say, "Act like you been there before." He epitomized that term. Other fans want one side of the coin emotional, but not the other too emotional.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You will be missed, Coop.

Everyone will understand once the season starts and CeeDee, Noah Brown, and James Washington are our Week 1 starters.
Hope you finally decide to go follow your Eagles before the season starts, instead of worrying about the Cowboys.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Cooper have always thought of him as a class act. I also know when a team is 21 mill over the cap, something has to give. Yes Dallas could have restructured pushing money down the road but you still got to pay him and the sum gets greater moving forward. Dallas was in a position of keeping him or Gallup and they chose to stay will Gallup and now rely on Lamb to take on the #1 WR position which I believe was the mindset when they drafted him. Lamb is now the leader of the WR core and players will look to him.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Hope he has a good upcoming season and does well with Watson. He could potentially put up some big numbers.

Big_D

Reaction score
Sayonara. Cant find a WR less into football than this guy! Even this response is as emotionless as his play on the field. Enjoy Cleveland.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Sayonara. Cant find a WR less into football than this guy! Even this response is as emotionless as his play on the field. Enjoy Cleveland.
So he's not into football but he knows all of his assignments and is a top 5 route runner. What kind of logic are you using? You never see him looking back at Dak for the assignment like 88. Yall lost forreal

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You will be missed, Coop.

Everyone will understand once the season starts and CeeDee, Noah Brown, and James Washington are our Week 1 starters.

Don't underestimate the guy who couldn't even crack the 53 last year in fehoko. I mean he's a HOF player just waiting for a chance to maybe make the bench squad.