Twitter: Cooper on leaving Dallas

Big_D

Reaction score
So he's not into football but he knows all of his assignments and is a top 5 route runner. What kind of logic are you using? You never see him looking back at Dak for the assignment like 88. Yall lost forreal

knowing your assignment and actually having emotion and a will to win are 2 very different things. Top 5 route runner?? lol this is all people got when the stats aren’t there.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans should be the same way. Players come, players go. Seasons come and seasons go. Cowboys stay the same. Qea Sera Sera.
It's an occupation for them, entertainment for fans. Not exactly the same thing.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
To me this is quintessential Coop. Kind of non-descript, a little disinterested, some love mixed with “oh well.”

Could very well be what's held him back from a true break out season. He's had very good years filled with exceptional games and awful games. He wants the ball, but doesn't always mirror that with his behavior. He landed in a fine spot with Watson. I expect him to have a good season.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
knowing your assignment and actually having emotion and a will to win are 2 very different things. Top 5 route runner?? lol this is all people got when the stats aren’t there.
You said he didn't care. How can you not care if you know everything you're supposed to do (and do it) and are a top tier route runner so obviously he works to perfect his craft? Logic is all I'm asking. Just say he didn't have enough emotion for you but he can't throw the ball to himself. Name me plays last year where the ball was thrown his way and he gave up.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'll just go ahead and predict right now that
Cleveland has a better season than Dallas.

Lamb will struggle early as a #1.
Watson is 10x the player Dak is.
Cleveland has the better defense and
probably the best running game in the NFL.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Coop was a class act in this presser. Thats the guy I know. All this BS that he quit is just that.

Big_D

Reaction score
You said he didn't care. How can you not care if you know everything you're supposed to do (and do it) and are a top tier route runner so obviously he works to perfect his craft? Logic is all I'm asking. Just say he didn't have enough emotion for you but he can't throw the ball to himself. Name me plays last year where the ball was thrown his way and he gave up.

He gets paid top dollar to do those things. That’s logic. I already said he didn’t have emotion which is actually a big part of football. And that lack of emotion was a problem. It’s apparently much easier to just blame Prescott. You could spin it however you want. Maybe brag about his route running a little more!?

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm already missing Cooper. I really wanted him to stay. I got a puppy in august of 2019 and almost named her Amari. The joke around my house was if I named her Amari she would disappear when we left home. So I named her Dallas. But I wish Cooper the best and wished he could have stayed. I put the Cooper issue on Cooper, Dak and Moore. It was a combined effort.

As far as his tweet goes. Class act. He's not burning bridges. He's a good dude. That's about as Cooper-esque as it gets.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I will not miss his run blocking. We know we have a QB that can't win without 100 yards on the ground. When you have a WR like Coop and a TE like Shultz, that makes getting 100 yards rushing that more difficult. We're basically playing 8 against 11 with those guys on run plays.

So, Cooper's run blocking is why we didnt win more? I've heard it all now.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Dallas just doesn't respect wrs like that.

Cole Beasley , Terrell Owens, Dez Bryant and now Amari Cooper even Miles Austin

Dallas is under the notion that WRS are expendable. That's just their philosophy

Beasley is and was always a limited one trick pony. TO was a good receiver but wasn't a team guy. Dez just was exposed as not being a very smart football player...after we let him go what did he do to make us regret losing him? Austin was a good guy that broke out and then regressed. Cooper is a probably the best complete receiver and was a good guy, but I honestly think he decided for some reason he wanted to move on. He began disparaging the QB and it kind of became something that you couldn't ignore.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Cleveland goes farther than we do this upcoming season and Cooper is a key contributor to their success it’s going to get even uglier on this board than we saw at the end of last season, especially if Cooper outproduces our top receiver.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
So, Cooper's run blocking is why we didnt win more? I've heard it all now.
Cooper's run blocking. Shultz run blocking. Zeke no stiff arm. Dak low arching fastballs. C.Williams not strong enough to play guard. Moore play calling.

You add all of that together and your offense is going to sputter some times. And no you haven't heard it all yet.

Proof

Reaction score
For all the whining about his contract, people forget he took less money to stay here

on top of that, with the way the wide receiver market has now exploded, his contract is extremely team friendly. We should have absolutely held on to him to A) actually use for the following season, or B) to get a better trade package back. Damn shame.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He plays like what many fans here say, "Act like you been there before." He epitomized that term. Other fans want one side of the coin emotional, but not the other too emotional.
There isn't just one side or the other. There's plenty of room in between.

This a game of physical and mental skill. It's also a very emotional game. It's not chess. "Act like you been here before" by being engaged with your team mates.

CWR

Reaction score
To me this is quintessential Coop. Kind of non-descript, a little disinterested, some love mixed with “oh well.”

I think its a good, level headed answer. I liked how Coop carried himself while he was here. I'm not gonna fault him for being reserved. One thing we know, he did speak up about getting targets eventually, and he balled the next week. Had the rest of the organization not turned into a clown show he'd probably still he here IMO.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is the way he is. Even keeled, if you want an emotional player you have to take the good with the bad. People want a fiery Ra-Ra guy but don't want him to be primadonna. Most good WR are primadonnas.

I disagree. The best WR in the NFL is currently Cooper Kupp. But there is also Devontae Adams, Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Strefon Diggs, Jamaar Chase. None of these guys are primadonnas. They just aren't making the highlight reels for their antics. We seem to like the prima donna WRS in Dallas going back to Irvin, TO, and Dez, but most of the best wrs are NOT like them and have their head together. and control of their emotions on the field.

Emotional outbursts on the sideline and random acts of celebration during games are not fun or enjoyable to most fans. Amari is from the Jerry Rice school of wrs. Its all business all the time.

Reactions: CWR

vlad

Reaction score
Of course he loved being in Dallas. Amari is a pretty boy. He's going to miss the women, the mansions, the fast cars, the luxurious lifestyle the Dallas area offers.

Never thought of Dallas and luxurious lifestyle, interesting take. Lots to learn. Though I never thought of him as a pretty boy. Anti-diva is what comes to mind.

Cleveland for sure is definitely sucky in comparison! Those winters yikes.