Twitter: Cooper ready to make a deal?

Einstein

Reaction score
He's said that he isn't stressing about it getting done, and he isn't basing it off other WR's that have signed contracts this offseason already.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Coop is in the driver's seat unless he doesn't have a good year this year and his value drops which if you take into consideration our inept passing game presents a real liability for the Coop man.
If he's smart he takes the deal NOW before kick-off.
Dak no reason to rush for as Jerry holds all the cards there as worst case scenario is you tag him if he has a franchise PASSING year.

Wood

Reaction score
Would be nice to get Cooper and Dak done soon. So then the FO can focus on the defensive guys due for deals and see if they can work something out.

I wouldn't touch Cooper contract right now. That is a bad injury to his foot. Spears was talking about having that injury playing DE and said he couldn't image WR trying to play thru it. I would let Cooper situation play out until atleast week 8. A better deal can be had because he is not in Julio Jones level.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
with a bad foot that can flare up anytime and he hasn't played in preseason, sure hes ready..hiding a major foot that will plague him the rest of his career.. he better be taking 17 or less or I say NO

Hiding a major foot injury, come on man. What is he hiding?
The team and trainers know about this MINOR issue and are not that stupid. Though many think they are.

You are better than this.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Stephen said he cant discuss why there havent been any talks with Cooper's representation. Still trying to figure out what that means

John813

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch Cooper contract right now. That is a bad injury to his foot. Spears was talking about having that injury playing DE and said he couldn't image WR trying to play thru it. I would let Cooper situation play out until atleast week 8. A better deal can be had because he is not in Julio Jones level.

I thought it was the same injury since college.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He should wait until Julio is done at the very least. Tyreek helped a lot too.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hiding a major foot injury, come on man. What is he hiding?
The team and trainers know about this MINOR issue and are not that stupid. Though many think they are.

You are better than this.
I believe it can get worse , it can flare up and he can miss month because of it..im saying he realizes this and before he steps on the field and maybe cant make it through game 1 and maybe have an off year like in OAKLand, he decided I better grab the payday now..:))
just this fact alone says dont give the guy élite money, he turned down a top 5 deal and he should have grabbed it..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Would be nice to get Cooper and Dak done soon. So then the FO can focus on the defensive guys due for deals and see if they can work something out.

What defensive guys? Only one I know of coming up after this year is the corner.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
You seem to know a lot about his foot. I'm guessing the Cowboy doctor's evaluation might carry a little weight though.
From what I've read, he is suffering from plantar fasciitis. If that's his problem, I can tell you from personal experience that it is a short-lived problem that goes away over some time (usually a few weeks). It might return down the road, but it won't be because he has it now. It may very well never occur again. Yes, it is extremely painful at its peak, but it is not something that I would let deter me from extending his contract.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
with a bad foot that can flare up anytime and he hasn't played in preseason, sure hes ready..hiding a major foot that will plague him the rest of his career.. he better be taking 17 or less or I say NO

Tasty