Twitter: Cooper ready to make a deal?

blueblood70

Reaction score
You seem to know a lot about his foot. I'm guessing the Cowboy doctor's evaluation might carry a little weight though.
the same ones that said Romos was not big deal.. :)) they dont publicly talk about this, we all know this..they wont let other teams etc know the extent of the foot.. Im saying hes damaged goods and he will likely be missing games because of this and why pay a premium.? I like the guy but this give me concern.. it also gives me concern he wants more then 17mil..sorry but NO

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
with a bad foot that can flare up anytime and he hasn't played in preseason, sure hes ready..hiding a major foot that will plague him the rest of his career.. he better be taking 17 or less or I say NO

I'm sure Dallas is going to take your no into consideration, and sign Cooper to a deal that will make some on here want to tear their hair out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm sure Dallas is going to take your no into consideration, and sign Cooper to a deal that will make some on here want to tear their hair out.
IM sure they arent reading this AT ALL so this was to the CZ fans which a bunch said no to Zeke and Dak at high contracts, I say no to Amari//I low ball him big time..let him play this season., test the market and dont outbid yourself..so no to over 17..so again in case you dont understand my opinion is,

No to Amari at new big deal over 17mil...:muttley:

John813

Reaction score
What defensive guys? Only one I know of coming up after this year is the corner.

Collins, Jones and Brown probably top the lists as notable free agents.

Then you got guys like Quinn, A. Woods, who they might want to keep around depending on performance.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
with a bad foot that can flare up anytime and he hasn't played in preseason, sure hes ready..hiding a major foot that will plague him the rest of his career.. he better be taking 17 or less or I say NO
Probably why he wants to do it now.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

He knows what's happening.

pumpkinpie.jpg

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't touch Cooper contract right now. That is a bad injury to his foot. Spears was talking about having that injury playing DE and said he couldn't image WR trying to play thru it. I would let Cooper situation play out until atleast week 8. A better deal can be had because he is not in Julio Jones level.
Really, that puts a new spin on things.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
If AC has PF, then he should be ok for football short term and long term after football.

All you need is a foot massager and roll over the tender area a couple of mins when it’s noticeable. A good wooden one is $10 on amazon.

I imagine he is probably receiving better treatment than a $10 tool from professional trainers/physical therapist though.

From what I've read, he is suffering from plantar fasciitis. If that's his problem, I can tell you from personal experience that it is a short-lived problem that goes away over some time (usually a few weeks). It might return down the road, but it won't be because he has it now. It may very well never occur again. Yes, it is extremely painful at its peak, but it is not something that I would let deter me from extending his contract.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the same ones that said Romos was not big deal.. :)) they dont publicly talk about this, we all know this..they wont let other teams etc know the extent of the foot.. Im saying hes damaged goods and he will likely be missing games because of this and why pay a premium.? I like the guy but this give me concern.. it also gives me concern he wants more then 17mil..sorry but NO

Your logic is flawed for several reasons. The first is that Romo's injury was entirely different, the second is Romo was 10 years older than Cooper, and the third is you are cherry picking. What about Jaylon's leg or Frederick's GBS, or any of the countless injuries and ailments that players come back from every year? Why is Romo the standard instead of all the players that have not had the same problem as Romo?

I understand having a concern, but I don't understand making these kind of definitive determinations that you absolutely do not have the information to make? For example, what information do you have that he is damaged goods and will likely miss games and that this injury will plague his career?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
If AC has PF, then he should be ok for football short term and long term after football.

All you need is a foot massager and roll over the tender area a couple of mins when it’s noticeable. A good wooden one is $10 on amazon.

I imagine he is probably receiving better treatment than a $10 tool from professional trainers/physical therapist though.
You're absolutely correctamundo!

Brooksey

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch Cooper contract right now. That is a bad injury to his foot. Spears was talking about having that injury playing DE and said he couldn't image WR trying to play thru it. I would let Cooper situation play out until atleast week 8. A better deal can be had because he is not in Julio Jones level.

I wouldn't touch Cooper until after the season. The whole sign now before Julio Jones so he doesn't get him more is an odd thing to say. He might be worried about the foot.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your logic is flawed for several reasons. The first is that Romo's injury was entirely different, the second is Romo was 10 years older than Cooper, and the third is you are cherry picking. What about Jaylon's leg or Frederick's GBS, or any of the countless injuries and ailments that players come back from every year? Why is Romo the standard instead of all the players that have not had the same problem as Romo?

I understand having a concern, but I don't understand making these kind of definitive determinations that you absolutely do not have the information to make? For example, what information do you have that he is damaged goods and will likely miss games and that this injury will plague his career?

A piece of advice for you - consider the source. That's all I'll say.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The salary cap hit of Amari's current contract ought to motive the Jones boys to get his new contract done sooner rather than later. I don't get what's delayed it this long.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't touch Cooper until after the season. The whole sign now before Julio Jones so he doesn't get him more is an odd thing to say. He might be worried about the foot.
I don't think the goal is to sign him before Jones signs a contract as much as it is to avoid him becoming a free agent. The longer he goes without a contract extension, the more likely he is to become a free agent (or force the use of the franchise tag).

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The salary cap hit of Amari's current contract ought to motive the Jones boys to get his new contract done sooner rather than later. I don't get what's delayed it this long.

Both sides have to want to make the deal and Cooper has wanted to wait.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
IM sure they arent reading this AT ALL so this was to the CZ fans which a bunch said no to Zeke and Dak at high contracts, I say no to Amari//I low ball him big time..let him play this season., test the market and dont outbid yourself..so no to over 17..so again in case you dont understand my opinion is,

No to Amari at new big deal over 17mil...:muttley:

Oh, I understand your opinion. That's not a problem. And it matters about as much as those who wanted to cut or trade Elliott or not pay him top RB money.

What will be will be. I don't get caught up in the numbers because it's not my money and it doesn't really matter what I believe a player should be paid. Fans get too caught up in the money aspect of this game. I just want my team's best players to remain with the team and for Dallas to replace its worst players with better ones (and that includes the coaches/front office) ... so that we can get back to the Cowboys being a championship team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do know that Cooper has been dealing with his foot issue for years, right? This isn't something just popped up recently. Given his production and no off the field issues and being a great teammate....sign him asap.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I don't think the goal is to sign him before Jones signs a contract as much as it is to avoid him becoming a free agent. The longer he goes without a contract extension, the more likely he is to become a free agent (or force the use of the franchise tag).

Could be but I'm not a huge fan of wr's with foot issues. I never knew about it. I'm sure it's fine just want to make sure..i'd wait it out