Twitter: Cooper ready to make a deal?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could be but I'm not a huge fan of wr's with foot issues. I never knew about it. I'm sure it's fine just want to make sure..i'd wait it out

Do we really think the Cowboys doctor's aren't on top of whatever is going on with his foot?

Altestic

Reaction score
Get him signed now. $17M a year, good guaranteed money, do it now. Cowboys are basically pot committed at this point given they gave up their 2019 1st for him... and Darnell Savage looks pretty good in Green Bay.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Interesting. I expected him to go to free agency, and then turn the screws on Jerry. He's already banked a lot, and is set to bank a lot more this year. I think he should still do it. The signing of Zeke only ensures that defenses will still be stacking up against the run, making his life easier this year.

Maybe the Jaylon and Collins signings have him wondering if the pot of gold is getting light. Might also see Pollard/Gallup/Smith/Wilson as a young crew that could be good enough to let him walk next year. Could be right about that too.

There's an interesting thought. An extension on Smith. Even just a year.

I wish they'd go back to more of those contracts betting on guys on the come, like Barry Church. Should have tried that with Maliek prior to camp. A breakout year wasn't guaranteed, but extremely likely, given that he's finally gotten his feet healthy and his shoes right after 2 years.

The same could have been said for Lawrence in his 4th year. He had a strong back half of his 2nd year, with a sack a game, then was injured all his 3rd and looked like a bum. That was the time to sign him.

Betting on the come after an injured down year is the way to go. It won't always work out. Players won't always go for it. But hitting them at a low point *before* they've banked real money or really had a breakout season is how you can get tremendous value.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Your logic is flawed for several reasons. The first is that Romo's injury was entirely different, the second is Romo was 10 years older than Cooper, and the third is you are cherry picking. What about Jaylon's leg or Frederick's GBS, or any of the countless injuries and ailments that players come back from every year? Why is Romo the standard instead of all the players that have not had the same problem as Romo?

I understand having a concern, but I don't understand making these kind of definitive determinations that you absolutely do not have the information to make? For example, what information do you have that he is damaged goods and will likely miss games and that this injury will plague his career?
FOOT FEET and the legs most important for a WR..its red flag is all im saying..

Tooter_Magee

Reaction score
From what I've read, he is suffering from plantar fasciitis. If that's his problem, I can tell you from personal experience that it is a short-lived problem that goes away over some time (usually a few weeks). It might return down the road, but it won't be because he has it now. It may very well never occur again. Yes, it is extremely painful at its peak, but it is not something that I would let deter me from extending his contract.

Disagree about it going away over a few weeks. Especially if he's not resting it. It's more likely that it's a season long issue than a 3-4 week recovery.
It's just really going to depend on his pain tolerance and how good the trainers are at treating him between games.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FOOT FEET and the legs most important for a WR..its red flag is all im saying..

I'll let the doctor's decide if it's a red flag or not. You and I don't have the info to make that judgement.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Disagree about it going away over a few weeks. Especially if he's not resting it. It's more likely that it's a season long issue than a 3-4 week recovery.
It's just really going to depend on his pain tolerance and how good the trainers are at treating him between games.
You could be right about the recovery period...depends on the severity of his issue. I don't know if they're being overly cautious with him, or if he's still in pain. I read very recently that Cooper himself stated that he was pain-free. At any rate, we should know more on Sunday.

Flamma

Reaction score
Do we really think the Cowboys doctor's aren't on top of whatever is going on with his foot?

I was thinking that as well. No way he's hiding something major from them. Is he playing this Sunday? How bad can it be?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Collins, Jones and Brown probably top the lists as notable free agents.

Then you got guys like Quinn, A. Woods, who they might want to keep around depending on performance.

Jones I get. All the rest are JAGS at this point. Who is Brown?