CFZ Cooper Rush is a bus driver

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
... and that's exactly what this team needs. tl:dr version: with Rush they have found a different way of utilizing their strengths.

Rush is a humble "do your job and go home" guy who knows his place, takes his guys from A to B and has their trust to do so. They couldn't rely on their starter and so had to find different ways of getting it done.

I see the improvement of the o line as a big factor and want to see what Dak can do behind them playing so well. But as of now Rush just steps on the field 100% focused, reads defenses well and seems to have found the mobility to be a real threat downfield. How could he connect with his receivers so fast? How does he put Brown into play so well?

I remembered Tony saying last year during that first 6 game stretch that Dak was in control of his offense. Now that's exactly how I see how it is with Rush now. They aren't putting a huge number of points on the boards. But what do wins with points in the low 20s tell us? They keep a low profile so to speak while utilizing their strengths without letting the opponent expose their weaknesses to much. Rush is in control of the huddle. Being variable is their strength, the Giants just couldn't know, how they're gonna play it.

We aren't an offensive powerhouse anymore, but they probably don't have to be with a defense that good. They have beaten a contender (well, are they now?) and a division rival on fire with their backup QB. And that means one thing: they trust their bus driver. Let's just hope the leagues defensive coordinators won't figure them out too fast. Rams will be the next real test.

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rush and KM work well together, Dak and KM mix together like oil and water. I am anxious to see Rush against a top team where points will be needed. Dak has excelled in the past but is on a downhill trajectory right now.

I do like the toned down run offense with some big pass plays mixed in complimenting the defense.

shabazz

Reaction score
He threw for 215 yards and a TD. If Dak did this, you all would be calling it a bad game. That tells you who the better player is. I do not care about salaries.

It would be just a fair game for a 7 year veteran that allegedly top 10 talent….of course we would have to add on 55 more yards and 1 more TD because Daks throw to CeeDee would have been more accurate. :rolleyes:

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
If not for the badly dropped passes, his stats would've been much more impressive.

Yeah, and he almost had 2-3 picks last week. These things even out as the sample size grows.

I just think people would benefit from being a little more pragmatic in their analysis of these QBs. Dak has a massive sample size with overall impressive performance given the absolute circus this organization is. Rush has played three very average games that were squeaked out in the 4th quarter. I think people are more excited about the opportunity to bash the $40mm starter they never wanted instead of actually being impressed by anything Rush has done.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
It might be the short bus he is driving, but it does have some great tires moving it.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
He threw for 215 yards and a TD. If Dak did this, you all would be calling it a bad game. That tells you who the better player is. I do not care about salaries.
We probably would. But then I expect different things from my backup QB than what I think my starter should do. And I'm not even talking about salary here.

Yes Dak might have put up more points yesterday. But when you compare Dak's last two games with Cooper's you know who can carry this offense atm. Let's not forget: Rush just has to put up more than 3 points on the board against the Rams and he's already doing a better job than the guy he's standing in for. ;)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rush is driving the bus and managing games but we’re going to need more than that as the season goes on. We’re simply not generating enough offense and it will catch up with us against better teams and better QBs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would hope Dak would have put up 45 on NY

I don't know the same plays that kept us from scoring 30-plus (the end zone DPI and Lamb's drop) probably would have kept it in the 20s no matter what.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
Neither do we,we want wins not empty stats.

Right. Justin Herbert has a career losing record in 34 starts. Guessing you wouldn’t want his empty stats on this team? Stats are not everything, but they’re definitely something. Rush hardly passes the stats or eyeball test.

You guys have this stodgy, 1950s view where the only thing that matters is wins. Any baseball fans here? Take the standings after 40 games. Run differential is a much better predictor of future record/playoff success than the actual win count itself. That’s the paradox going on with Rush right now. Don’t fall in love with the 3-0 record.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

We shouldn't, though. 65 passes with a probable touchdown and another 50-something yards dropped. That should be a considered a good game by the QB, a winning performance. Our problem is that we're used to having to hold QBs to higher standards because of the defense. That's not the case right now.

plymkr

Reaction score
Rush is a bus driver. But one thing that impresses me is he is a very clutch bus driver. He is 3-0 as a starter. That's great. But in those 3 victories he put together game winning 4th quarter drives. He doesn't have the gaudy stats but he has 3 wins and 3 4th quarter game winning drives and 2 of those wins came on the road.

There's driving the bus and then there's taking the bus over and getting it home.