Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter

erod

Reaction score
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Cooper Rush should of played the 4th quarter so we would of definitely lost lol You guys are funny. Ya'll must of miss the crap fest Rush put up in preseason vs backup and current walmart greeters.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Good thing he didn't play.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually wasn't nearly as down on his performance as many others were. He's very flawed but he battled and he tried to push the ball down the field all game.

And, if we're being fair, he is clutch. He does elevate his play late in games.

He will never be a great or even good starting QB but I thought this was about the best version of him that we can hope for.

Rayman70

Reaction score
IS THREAD EVEN SERIOUS? LMAO...wow. Dak is the better QB than Wentz and has yet again, proved it. In my opinion, Foles was better than Wentz. He should be there starter. Dak has much to improve on,like his situational football. His deep accuracy is too hit and miss. Come playoff time it will be either what propels us to round 2, or sends us home after just 1 round. If he can find some consistency and somewhat fix it, we can make HUGE noise. Much to learn from the win this week. Rush should be on the street corner begging for work. The guy isn't an NFL caliber QB...heck, I rather see what Mike White has to offer.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Very good analysis. I know many don't want to hear it after such a thrilling win, but that's the same thing I saw.
I give Dak credit: He has a lot of fight in him. But so did Tebow, and he was one of my favorite non-Cowboys players. But he was wildly inconsistent passing the ball, even though he had the heart of a lion.
Dak has a little better passing skills, but he's like Tebow.
Like Tebow, he becomes "super focused" when the game is on the line. I like that about him.
But his inability in the first three quarters scares me as we enter the playoffs because good teams will put the game out of reach negating any last-minute heroics.
He has got to get better. He leaves too many points on the field. With this defense and offense, we should be like the 90s Cowboys with diamonds at the running back, receiver and offensive line positions, and the corner, linebacker and defensive end positions.
Our only liability is at quarterback.
Sorry, but that's the Monday Morning reality.

P.S. No, I don't think Cooper Rush should have played the fourth quarter.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said it in another thread but it applies to this one as well.

He is so frustrating with his Bi-Polar playing.

Sometimes he makes great plays at the ends of games to almost will us to a win but usually that is only after he has made terrible plays prior to that which put us in a situation where we could easily lose.

I think this and the saints game we lost the turn over ration and still managed to win. That does not happen too often. It is not unheard of but still not the way you want to do it.

One minute you are screaming at him to get rid of the bleeping ball before he takes a sack fumble.

The next minute you are cheering after he makes a great move or run to gain a first down or avoid a sack. Or he makes a great throw.

I admit at one point I was so aggravated that I too said to myself, why not give the backup a chance...only for Dak to pull the 4th quarter and OT heroics.

Its hard to hate a player like him, it's also hard to love a player like him. Makes so many mistakes, bad throws, fumbles, turnovers to get you so angry only to go down and win the game when it gets to the nitty gritty.

Yet you still have fans that LOVE him and HATE him.

That type of thing can be so crazy and it is no wonder why there is such a division on Dak among the fans.