Twitter: Cooper's Health/contract

Gaede

Reaction score
Cooper's incredible, no doubt about it.

But between him, Zeke, and Dak, he's the last one I'd extend.

If the money's not there, that really sucks. But I'm OK with drafting a replacement. Especially because I think Gallup is going to have a breakout season

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Zeke proved for 3 years hes an elite player. Dak and Cooper? No. If they did theyd be sitting out
That's foolish, just because a player is elite doesn't mean they will sit out. Plenty of examples where elite players show up and practice without a contract.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Well, if Cooper has a chronic foot injury that will flare up throughout career, then wouldn't it have been likely he would have signed a top 5 at WR position offer sheet already? You wouldn't leave that much on table if there was a significant risk that you are highly likely to miss games or suffer hindered performance in a contract year - both agent and player would likely be on the same page with that, and the team would likely pull back any offer of top 5 at position money if they REALLY felt that foot was going to be a big issue, or a regularly occurring one, etc....... Of course maybe there is hesitation on contract from Team end and we are just not hearing about it. I have really liked Cooper since he got to the Cowboys and if he is healthy, would like him to be on the team for 3-5 years during his "prime" for sure. Not your typical "diva" wr and seems to be a good fit in Dallas! Hands were excellent last year despite reports they were Dez-like for the Raiders. Some of the best route running/getting open ability I have seen from a receiver. Cuts/changes direction on a dime and so smoothly/quickly. And deceptive YAC speed......got a 3rd gear too.... Seems to be able to play multiple positions without complaint too.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

If the money's not there, that really sucks. But I'm OK with drafting a replacement. Especially because I think Gallup is going to have a breakout season
I disagree. Granted, Gallup is developing and Cobb is better than Beasley but did you not watch the games last year before Cooper.

Dak and Cooper needs to be signed before Zeke. They are both more valuable and more important to the team than a RB

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Zeke was elite in 2016
Zeke was not elite in '17 nor '18
Zeke has more years on his contract than both
Zeke was way more off field issues than both
Zeke should not be sitting out
e
I’m not happy about how he is handling the contract issue at all, but your first two statements border on stupidity.

Gaede

Reaction score
I disagree. Granted, Gallup is developing and Cobb is better than Beasley but did you not watch the games last year before Cooper.

Dak and Cooper needs to be signed before Zeke. They are both more valuable and more important to the team than a RB

Zeke is the engine of the team. This offense is not the same without him. You get the exact same player with Zeke, every week. Cooper is streaky and Dak is Dak.

Of the three, only one is a verifiable elite player. Every week.

jnday

Reaction score
It would be a good ideal to trade this version of the triplets and get what draft picks they can out of them. Each one of them has issues that this team could do without.

kumizi

Reaction score
We could be really damn good this year but there sure are a ton of question marks.

Zeke
Amari
DLaw
Zack Martin
Tyron Smith

all our best players outside of the two linebackers have question marks

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Zeke is the engine of the team. This offense is not the same without him. You get the exact same player with Zeke, every week. Cooper is streaky and Dak is Dak.

Of the three, only one is a verifiable elite player. Every week.
How was that engine last year before Cooper got here......a losing record is what happened. Once Cooper got here Dak was top 5 in almost every passing stat. Zeke isn't the engine, that's a myth

stilltheguru

Reaction score
That's foolish, just because a player is elite doesn't mean they will sit out. Plenty of examples where elite players show up and practice without a contract.
Running backs wont do it anymore after leveon changed the game. Nothing foolish about it

Eanwen

Reaction score
Is just me or anyone else reading this have reservations whether he plays 16 games? Sound's like he's expecting this thing to flare up, which leads to another point......sign your damn top 5 contract offer Cooper.
If you start missing games, they pull that sucker off the table. I know he gambling on himself but a season a long time. Lots of things happen to negatively affect your value.......ask Cole Beasley.

He said he played through worse as a rookie but you expect him to miss games? :huh:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Running backs wont do it anymore after leveon changed the game. Nothing foolish about it
Running backs won't do what anymore?

Read the entire conversation, I said it was foolish to say Dak and Cooper aren't sitting out because they aren't elite. It's foolish to say only elite players sit out because it's not true.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Running backs won't do what anymore?

Read the entire conversation, I said it was foolish to say Dak and Cooper aren't sitting out because they aren't elite. It's foolish to say only elite players sit out because it's not true.

You're right. The issue isn't whether Dak and Amari are elite players. They are both extremely vital to the Cowboys, which gives them as much value to Dallas as any "elite" player would.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You're right. The issue isn't whether Dak and Amari are elite players. They are both extremely vital to the Cowboys, which gives them as much value to Dallas as any "elite" player would.
We go as far as Dak takes us and so far his career he has never had a losing record. I don't care about stats I care about winning

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would not be okay with the Cowboys giving up a number 1 pick for a guy they will let go. That would be terrible in my opinion. I would rather see them let Dak walk.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
We go as far as Dak takes us and so far his career he has never had a losing record. I don't care about stats I care about winning

Which is why I have always been a Dak fan. He's been a winner from the start, from high school, to Mississippi State, to the Cowboys.

Instead of dwelling on what Prescott isn't, more Cowboys fans should appreciate what he is. A winner. We're lucky to have him.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Which is why I have always been a Dak fan. He's been a winner from the start, from high school, to Mississippi State, to the Cowboys.

Instead of dwelling on what Prescott isn't, more Cowboys fans should appreciate what he is. A winner. We're lucky to have him.
I agree. He is really good and gets every pass he throws under scrutiny. He is the only QB in the league not allowed to throw an incomplete pass or have a top receiver.