1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Corona. What are you seeing?

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by glimmerman, Mar 21, 2020.

1. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

15,096 Messages
    23,983 Likes Received
    Thank you

glimmerman likes this.
  2. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

17,523 Messages
    18,289 Likes Received
    Agreed. People see that it’s being hoarded and they start doing it as well.

Jake likes this.
  3. glimmerman

17,523 Messages
    18,289 Likes Received
    Ron I am pretty sure your to ugly to catch anything. Lol. JK..:lmao2:

4. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

15,096 Messages
    23,983 Likes Received
    Lol, you're probably right glimm

Jake and glimmerman like this.
  5. glimmerman

17,523 Messages
    18,289 Likes Received
    Take care of yourself. Eventually this will end and there should be football...

Jake and cowboy_ron like this.
  6. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

2,932 Messages
    1,192 Likes Received
    201 positive cases in Indiana, 6 have died. Most of the cases in or near Indianapolis. Positive cases are starting to show up in the counties around me. Probably a matter of time before one is found in mine.

7. nyc-cowboy

nyc-cowboy Well-Known Member

3,210 Messages
    3,103 Likes Received
    Yes we will - we are all very close. You do the same.

glimmerman likes this.
  8. glimmerman

17,523 Messages
    18,289 Likes Received
    We will as well. Just waiting on a TP score. Not short yet. But you know how it is, if you can score then go for it....

nyc-cowboy likes this.
  9. nyc-cowboy

3,210 Messages
    3,103 Likes Received
    We pretty good with those - funny but I'm in Brooklyn and like most every neighborhood in NYC - we have a 24 hour convenience store or bodega, and they stocked up on mostly everything - TP, caned goods, eggs ect - the only thing they haven't have in the last few days was sliced bread.

They did have plenty of Pita bread and bagels but those were in plastic bags - no real NYer would eat a bagel out of a bag, thats like asking us to eat frozen pizza. ; )

Bobhaze and glimmerman like this.
  10. glimmerman

17,523 Messages
    18,289 Likes Received
    Glad you have provisions. Take care of yourselves...

11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

15,638 Messages
    9,413 Likes Received
    exactly. it started with hordarding toilet paper but leaving hand soap and sanitizer. Nasty a** people wiping their butts but not washing their hands.

glimmerman likes this.
  12. glimmerman

17,523 Messages
    18,289 Likes Received
    That’s so strange. Lol...

13. nyc-cowboy

3,210 Messages
    3,103 Likes Received
    I truly hope so, its just that there are sooo many people in this city its mind boggling.

14. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

4,666 Messages
    5,639 Likes Received
    Death toll jumped to 6 tonight in Va. 3 women that were in their 80s passed away in the peninsula area of the state. The scary thing is they had no known contact or unknown contact. Starting to hear that a lot more.

15. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

4,625 Messages
    5,639 Likes Received
    What I saw this Sunday evening in Calvert County, MD.

The wife and I have taken a shopping stroll through three counties
    in the past 5 days. There is no toilet paper... anywhere.
    We were lucky enough to have stocked each full bath with the
    big bag of 2-ply tp... but it goes away faster than you'd think.
    I'm starting to worry.

Okay, last evening, we were in Walmart. It felt eerie to see no paper products at all.
    I asked an employee if he'd seen any crazy stuff recently.
    He told me he saw a customer throw a pack of hot dogs at another customer.
    The cashier told me a man walked up and took his personal hand sanitizer.
    He shouted that he'd bring it back, but nobody's seen him since... lol/smh

Kaiser and glimmerman like this.
  16. glimmerman

17,523 Messages
    18,289 Likes Received
    Gonna start seeing a lot of this stuff. The longer this goes on, am hoping people actually get stocked up and quit hoarding TP.

17. glimmerman

17,523 Messages
    18,289 Likes Received
    How is everyone doing today.. I am gonna stay inside again today. Unless something changes I will return to work tomorrow...

18. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

2,855 Messages
    1,721 Likes Received
    Just another heads-up

If you live in Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma...

I went to braums this morning(Tulsa) just to check it out and they had ground beef both 80 and 90 percent lean. Lots of steaks, milk, butter, ice cream, bread(hot dog and hamburger buns as well). They were out of eggs today but they said more were coming.

The manager said they sell the meat very quick and that he had just put it out.

Funny thing was I was the only customer there so I had minimal potential virus exposure.

I haven't been in a Walmart since this started but a buddy said they were out of all these things yesterday. That's all I got.

Kaiser, Chocolate Lab and glimmerman like this.
  19. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Admin

73,489 Messages
    28,617 Likes Received
    West Virginia was trying to hold out and remain the only state not to get it but at last it came here as well.

We are expecting the Gov to talk today and basically tell people to stay home or something along those lines.

My work is pretty much sending everyone home and telling them to stay there until told otherwise.

Thankfully a few are only staying and I am lucky enough to be one of them. So basically staff are staying to answer any possible calls, emails or emergencies. A few people will be working from home.

Been told we have one case in my county at this time but have no way to verify it.

Really hate having to tell some of my people to stay home. Most really need the money. I think there are some things that will be in place for low wages, unemployment or other things to help them out but I don't know if those agencies will even be open to help them out if they need it.

20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Admin

73,489 Messages
    28,617 Likes Received
    Walmart in my area has been in and out of TP and Paper towels.
    Bread has been mostly out.
    We were in the other day and people were buying lost of meats. Hamburger was going as fast as they brought it out from the back. One boy brought out a cart of hamburger and people grabbed it all before he could place it on the refig shelf.

Only time besides the christmas (before and days after) that I have seen all of the aisles at walmart with cashiers manning them.

On a side note. Was in the automotive section, walmart, looking for a few things and seen that in the small marine section they had toilet paper for boats and or campers. Small 4 packs of scott tp. So if some of you can not find it in the regular sections of walmart...try there, might get lucky if you are in need.