1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Corona. What are you seeing?

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by glimmerman, Mar 21, 2020.

1. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

17,671 Messages
    18,448 Likes Received
    Thanks for the update. You are sooo lucky. The only one there. Pick of the litter. My wife and mom are going in the morning before Publix opens to go for the TP. We are good on everything else. Strange that 2 months ago I got a idea to make my own trail mix. Went on amazon and ordered about 400 bucks worth of nuts and dried fruits. Made about 50 or 60 pounds of trail mix. It’s helped us and my parents with something to snack on that’s healthy. Some of the things we buy that don’t go bad for a while isn’t the healthiest foods.

nyc-cowboy and Air Force One like this.
  2. glimmerman

17,671 Messages
    18,448 Likes Received
    Thanks for the update. Same around here but with TP. It don’t even get put on the shelves. The people stocking the shelves are just handing it out. Good idea about the alternate TP in the automotive.

We went to Lowe’s a while back and they were out of Clorox wipes. In the automotive area they had clean up wipes that could be used for kitchen and bathroom also. The same wipes with the same ingredients but has a picture of a garage on the label instead of a bathroom. Lol.

3. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

3,692 Messages
    2,582 Likes Received
    In my area of Vermont the stores are being fully restocked daily but if you want the popular items you need to be there when they open. The elderly are getting first shot at most places.

I just talked to a friend and former coworker. She worked for a long time as a nurse, an RN in the ER and ICU over her career. She has been out of the nursing profession for at least ten years. She was contacted and asked if she would consider returning to work immediately. Her licence renewal would be fast tracked and paid for by the state. This is in a state that has had 'only' 59 confirmed cases and 2 deaths.

The hospital in my county put out a request for donations of whatever gloves, masks etc we have laying around. They have also have someone coordinating a mask making initiative using volunteers.

Stay at home has not been mandated as of yet. From what I have seen most around here are using common sense and don't need to be told to make a serious effort to limit contact.

4. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

4,640 Messages
    5,663 Likes Received
    The wife and I have 22 rolls of tp.
    We haven't discussed it, but I get the feeling that
    it won't be divided equally between us.

Safe to say, if this keeps up for two weeks,
    I will be armed and dangerous... lol

Jake, DeathMonkey and glimmerman like this.
  5. glimmerman

17,671 Messages
    18,448 Likes Received
    So basically you have 2 rolls and she has 20. Lol.

Jake, CF74, Reality and 2 others like this.
  6. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

4,678 Messages
    5,655 Likes Received
    This is common knowledge. Like h2o is water, sky is blue, etc.. Lol

7. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

4,640 Messages
    5,663 Likes Received
    My fear is that she will withhold them for "favors".
    And not the type I would happily jump at the chance to do.
    (I have a beautiful wife)

No, these favors are not favors at all.
    They are chores... jobs.
    Jobs that may now be paid by the sheet (gasp!).

"Paint this. Hang that. I want a ceiling fan here."
    These are jobs I've done for free... well, sorta (lol)
    My point is that I've lost my negotiating leverage... lol

(I hope this makes someone laugh who really needed one.)

Jake, Luther, Kaiser and 2 others like this.
  8. Centex

Centex Well-Known Member

419 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    In Waco. (100 miles south of Dallas). People are somber. Even if people are healthy and young they would tell you they are worried about their children or parents. Everyone is worried about their job.

Grocery stores are mostly orderly but low on food and paper products. The morning after Trump announced a travel ban from Europe I went to the HEB grocery and it was crazy. I got a glimpse of chaos that could ensue if this gets out of hand and people lose faith that they will continue to have money or that the stores might close. On that occasion people were running and even climbing shelves.

I did something I've wanted to do for a while. I bought and installed a point of use water heater under my kitchen sink so I have instant very hot water to wash my hands. Two seconds for hot water instead of two minutes.

This has made me realize how fragile a civilized society is.

Jake and glimmerman like this.
  9. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,944 Messages
    25,187 Likes Received
    I'll trade you 60 rolls of Two Ply. PM Me.

Jake, glimmerman and Air Force One like this.
  10. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,944 Messages
    25,187 Likes Received
    Hey, at least you get sheets....

glimmerman likes this.
  11. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Well-Known Member

6,147 Messages
    19,046 Likes Received
    My one year old granddaughter was tested for COVID 19 three days ago...still waiting for results. She has a serious congenital heart problem and is very susceptible to infections. She is currently in ICU in Dallas while we await results.

My wife and I along with my son and daughter-in-law (the parents) have shown no symptoms although we’ve all been exposed. Needless to say we are being particularly careful and staying at home in quarantine.

glimmerman and Air Force One like this.
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

37,052 Messages
    6,793 Likes Received
    2 patients started on it tonight. One of them takes plaquenil as a home medication. Not quite the "treatment" dose but not far off.

glimmerman likes this.
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,671 Messages
    22,353 Likes Received
    Yea, things are still orderly right now but if people start running out of money from being laid off for months or if the grocery stores start to close.....watch out………….think early days of Katrinia, the looting, the crime, ect……..society can break down very fast in severe circumstances.

glimmerman likes this.
  14. glimmerman

17,671 Messages
    18,448 Likes Received
    I hope everything comes back ok..

Bobhaze likes this.
  15. JBell

JBell That's still my Quarterback

5,535 Messages
    6,274 Likes Received
    From SoCal, where social distancing is an afterthought.

Went out for a jog with the gf to a local park. Saw large groups of people bbq'ing, playing volleyball, soccer, and doing calisthenics at the playground area.

glimmerman likes this.
  16. glimmerman

17,671 Messages
    18,448 Likes Received
    Not everyone is going to comply.

17. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

23,027 Messages
    39,402 Likes Received
    And she demands to know the location of his backup roll at all times.

glimmerman likes this.
  18. CouchCoach

23,027 Messages
    39,402 Likes Received
    Bullet, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Bobhaze likes this.
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

37,052 Messages
    6,793 Likes Received
    Yeah, we have the same. People flooding parks and hiking trails. May even be more than normal, I guess because they think being outdoors is a little safer than congregating indoors....I dunno.

They are spacing a bit more so that's a plus I guess. I think some are under the impression that 6 feet is some magical force-field that protects them from everything.

BTW, nice avatar. Haven't seen the movie, only clips. I do like J.K. Simmons, and from the clips I have seen it seems like he did an outstanding job in that movie.

JBell likes this.
  20. CouchCoach

23,027 Messages
    39,402 Likes Received
    I had to go out to the CVS and the pharmacist I know said people are very concerned and while I am talking to her the young guy that works out front walked next to this lady and she yelled "Hey, what the hell" at him. Around here, the old folks are getting more conscious about "their space". Which is good, I was like a pinball at the HEB trying to stay 6 feet away just 3 days ago but that was before a case was reported in Marble Falls, location of that HEB, and one in Horseshoe Bay, location of one CC.

I do give the folks that run my town credit, they reacted before anyone in the state did with cancellations and have been quick to notify all of the residents of anything we should know about. If they don't tell you, disregard any rumors being spread....especially by people that can't even hear well.

I must say, my mindset was more relaxed before I learned that someone in my small town of 2K has tested positive. It would not take many cases to strap the local hospital.

The strangest part about this with the age of the population, there is a fire truck and ambulance coming, sirens blazing, down the main boulevard that I back up to on a daily basis and sometimes two or three times a day and in the last five days, not once. This causes me to wonder, were they just joyriding and "let's scare the bejeezus out of the old folks and remind them the end is near" before and now they're giving us a break?