Could Dak Be the 1st 40 mil QB?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
If he pulls a Flacco and turns down a contract and then QBs a Superbowl winning team?

Pay him now and it could cost more later....

lostar2009

Reaction score
Unless he wins a SB in Dallas. If so I'll tell Jerruah to kindly cash that check.

Little Jr

Reaction score
If he pulls a Flacco and turns down a contract and then QBs a Superbowl winning team?

Even if he won the super bowl this year I don't think it would be 40m. Definitely the highest paid but I don't think 40m. They usually jump 2-3m over the top paid so probably 37-38m.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
OPINIONS VARY.
My opinion on Dak and his contract.

THE GOOD.
The is a great leader, a great guy, and a student of the game. He has intangibles and charisma on his side. He's like a good luck charm out their. (See his game winning drives)He's still young, meaning he has room to improve.

THE BAD
Dak struggles throwing floaters. Dak holds the ball too long at times. Dak throws flatfooted a lot.(which causes the ball to sail on him)

I love Dak I want to see him succeed. But I think he's worth about 26-28 a year. Honestly.

cern

Reaction score
This brings to mind john gruden's comments following the downfall of the bucs right after their sb victory. "When you're getting to that point at first, everyone wants to be a part of it. After you've won it, everyone thinks they're the reason for it". (Paraphrasing) after their victory, everyone wanted to be the highest paid.

ghst187

Reaction score

The fact the league hasn’t adopted the NBAs model of the Supermax deals and general caps on single player contracts while allowing QBs to hit the 30 million per year threshold is yet the 1001st reason Goodell is terrible.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The fact the league hasn’t adopted the NBAs model of the Supermax deals and general caps on single player contracts while allowing QBs to hit the 30 million per year threshold is yet the 1001st reason Goodell is terrible.
Well the players negotiate with the owners in the NBA and the NFL

Jipper

Reaction score
nope...dak doesn't strike me as a player that is going to push for being the highest paid....fairly paid yes

Little Jr

Reaction score
Personally I think the nba cap and super max deals are bad but that's a whole other subject. The super max deal would be difficult to have in the NFL and it would have to very different in terms of how a player good get one in the NFL.