Could Jarwin be a top 3 TE this year

dsturgeon

Reaction score
the key is fully healthy....he had a achilles tear, which is normally a 2 year recovery to get your suddenness and quickness back....

Torn acl. I don't know how long full recovery will take, and this is all based him being fully recovered

dsturgeon

Reaction score
if Jarwin has some bounce back from his injury and with emergence of Schultz it should provide us with some options for different offensive formations. neither is a great blocker, but good enough perhaps in combination. neither is elite TE, but can't be ignored. some teams ignored schultz and he took advantage and burned them. so throwing in a few double TE sets, may create some mismatches, some opportunities and minimally force the opposing team have to prepare defensively. perhaps a 2WR, 2 TE set that either gives us 4 receivers or better run blocking....depending on how the defense decides to play us

It is fun to think about the formations and plays the cowboys could run. They have so many playmakers.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
did he break out, or did he benefit from the other playmakers?
All players benefit from having other quality players around them. Cooper, Gallup, Lamb and Zeke benefit from that too. Jarwin will as well.

But he still had to run the routes and catch the passes. Nobody else did that for him, and he did those things successfully.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
All players benefit from having other quality players around them. Cooper, Gallup, Lamb and Zeke benefit from that too. Jarwin will as well.

But he still had to run the routes and catch the passes. Nobody else did that for him, and he did those things successfully.

I enjoyed watching him, he had some awesome big time catches. I just think jarwin is more of a threat.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Torn acl. I don't know how long full recovery will take, and this is all based him being fully recovered
oh, my bad. I thought it was torn achilles....given state of medicine these days, players tend to recover from acl injuries much faster....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jarwin did not have an achilles tear - he had an ACL tear.
i believe i've observed players making more of a stronger comeback from ACL's vs achilles.
yeah, another poster corrected me too. my mistake. given state of medicine these days players tend to recover from ACL injuries much better and much faster...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I enjoyed watching him, he had some awesome big time catches. I just think jarwin is more of a threat.
Jarwin may well make bigger plays, but it doesn't seem you realize that even if that's true it doesn't necessitate ignoring Schultz as a receiver. Schultz is still another weapon the team can take advantage of. Besides, every play isn't going to be a big play. Sometimes the goal is just to make the higher percentage plays and move the chains.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
we do, the question is can Moore take advantage of it....I can imagine what McVay would be able to do with these players.

I want to see them master 3 wrs, 1 te, 1 rb. I want them to use the rb like brady did with the patriots all the time, where if the receivers are covered, there is always that little rb pass in the flats that is open.

Brady would stand there looking downfield and you think he is stopped, and then the quick pass to the rb for 8 yards. I could never figure out why he seem to have that pass more than other teams

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Jarwin may well make bigger plays, but it doesn't seem you realize that even if that's true it doesn't necessitate ignoring Schultz as a receiver. Schultz is still another weapon the team can take advantage of. Besides, every play isn't going to be a big play. Sometimes the goal is just to make the higher percentage plays and move the chains.

Yea i guess. It just seems like a foreign concept with this team considering the handling of witten, and the complete wasting of bennet and escobar

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea i guess. It just seems like a foreign concept with this team considering the handling of witten, and the complete wasting of bennet and escobar
And Anthony Fasano. I will agree with you on this point. It made no sense for the Cowboys to use 2nd round picks on TE's and not put the effort into incorporating them into the offense more. That certainly seemed to be one of Garrett's failings

Bigdog

Reaction score
His PFF rating was 31 out of 32 but that is because he was injured last year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Could Jarwin be top 3 in yards this season for a TE?

2020 TE stats

1. Kelce 1416 yards
2. Waller 1196 yards
3. Hockenson 723 yards
11. Schultz 615 yards

With everyone coming back from injuries this year, the cowboys offense should have lots of fire power. Before jarwin went out with injuries he was starting to be a real threat.

Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb have to be covered. Zeke is a threat that has to be accounted for. That should leave jarwin with less focus.

There are only so many balls to go around, and Kittle was out a lot of last year, but does anyone think Jarwin could be top of the league next year?

With a horrible offense, Schultz was 109 yards off from number 3 last year.

If Jarwin is healthy, I think he has a chance at 1000yards
Anything is possible.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Could Jarwin be top 3 in yards this season for a TE?

2020 TE stats

1. Kelce 1416 yards
2. Waller 1196 yards
3. Hockenson 723 yards
11. Schultz 615 yards

With everyone coming back from injuries this year, the cowboys offense should have lots of fire power. Before jarwin went out with injuries he was starting to be a real threat.

Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb have to be covered. Zeke is a threat that has to be accounted for. That should leave jarwin with less focus.

There are only so many balls to go around, and Kittle was out a lot of last year, but does anyone think Jarwin could be top of the league next year?

With a horrible offense, Schultz was 109 yards off from number 3 last year.

If Jarwin is healthy, I think he has a chance at 1000yards

TE is an easy row to hoe with the Cowboys. Defensive attention has got to go to Cooper and Lamb first.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
TE is an easy row to hoe with the Cowboys. Defensive attention has got to go to Cooper and Lamb first.

That is what I am thinking. Besides the little bit before he got injured, Jarwin hasn't played with Lamb. I think Lamb will open things up for him in the middle

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That is what I am thinking. Besides the little bit before he got injured, Jarwin hasn't played with Lamb. I think Lamb will open things up for him in the middle

Big wildcard for Jarwin is how much respect Zeke gets/earns. A bounce back year for Zeke really opens up the middle of the field for Jarwin.