1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Could Lamb cost us a game?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by glimmerman, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

17,056 Messages
    14,452 Likes Received
    Me either. IMO you have to be on Parsons level talent at WR for that kind of money. I mean Randy Moss. And I'd have to have a team in the conversation for a SB. Otherwise what's the point? Who do we have running around out there now? Rush is finding them.

But I will say one thing. No way Jalen Hurts has this kind of success without the WRs he has right now. I'd say the same for Tua. Those two QBs will crash and burn the second that talent isn't there.

2. Bullflop

Bullflop Cowboys Diehard

23,279 Messages
    28,681 Likes Received
    It bothered me at first and even afterward. The lack of accountability with the Cowboys needs to be corrected in the worst way. Maybe I'm taking this too seriously but in the long run, I'm hoping it doesn't go unnoticed. He's had far too many days when those easy drops have happened. Here's hoping it decreases at some point soon.

3. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Confused about stuff

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    43,908 Messages
    81,831 Likes Received
    I think it's akin to nervous laughter. I doubt that he actually finds it amusing, unless he's psychic and knows he's going to catch the game winner in spectacular fashion.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    Bullflop likes this.
  4. Bullflop

Bullflop Cowboys Diehard

23,279 Messages
    28,681 Likes Received
    He's very young and inexperienced, but I feel he'll eventually learn that it's not anything resembling a crowd pleaser for a #1 wideout. I'm not recommending a death penalty or anything of the sort, though. I just hope MM discourages that reaction. ;)

Runwildboys likes this.
  5. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Confused about stuff

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    43,908 Messages
    81,831 Likes Received
    Agreed, the optics aren't good.

Bullflop likes this.
  6. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    20,550 Messages
    13,722 Likes Received
    I don’t think anyone person could cost us the game. But I know what you’re saying

7. dsturgeon

dsturgeon Well-Known Member

3,409 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    I don't understand why people are saying Lamb redeemed himself. You can not make up for how horrible of a play that was. It is what it is.

All WR's do it, but that one was really bad. I don't understand what his hands were doing, and why they were not up. He didn't redeem anything. He had some really good catches, a tough clutch 4th down conversion, a top notch td catch, and an atrocious nonsensical missed catch that can not be erased.

8. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

12,426 Messages
    34,317 Likes Received
    ?????

So a QB throwing a pick in the second quarter doesnt have a chance of redeeming himself?

A RB fumbling doesnt have a chance of redeeming himself?

A Kicker shanking a FG doesnt have a chance of redeeming himself??

9. dsturgeon

3,409 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    Exactly.

re·deem
    [rəˈdēm]
    VERB
    1. compensate for the faults or bad aspects of (something)
    You can not compensate for something by doing what you are supposed to do. That was an atrocious drop. I don't think you can say, you can cancel that horrible drop because you did what you are supposed to do when you made the drop. It is what it is.

He did step up and play well in the 2nd half..

10. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

12,426 Messages
    34,317 Likes Received
    Nonsense

11. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

27,446 Messages
    28,594 Likes Received
    CD had to become more consistent to become a great player.
    I appreciate the spectacular TD's
    But you kill drives dropping easy passes.

12. dsturgeon

3,409 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    Let me put it another way. If he had made catches on that same drive to get a TD or the field possession he would have gotten, that would be redeeming himself. He compensated for what he did, and the cowboys did not lose anything from it.

I am not anti lamb and I dont think players are going to play mistake free. I am saying you can't redeem some things. You cant redeem an interception, fumble, or a missed field goal that changes possession. That possession is lost. Making plays later in the game like he is supposed to do, does not do anything for the drive that was lost.

I think your viewpoint is nonsense.

13. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

24,248 Messages
    22,501 Likes Received
    I think he’s a better reciever working the middle than outside. His run after the catch on crossing routes, slants and the like will return if you get him the ball moving across the field I think

14. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Well-Known Member

2,698 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    I was harsh on him after the drop. I feel he is so talented that even he has a hard time realizing when his hands betray him. Glad he had a short term memory and came back in focus to seal the win.

15. Wangchung83

Wangchung83 Well-Known Member

390 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Like I said last night, I hope he walks from this team. This team doesn't deserve him, Pollard, Parsons, or any player that actually has a track records of success. People say its CeeDee, however, not every WR, including #1's catch everything. He was 3/6 last night when everyone was saying they'll eat crow..well they ate it. Now here we are again, pointing out his drops..just hope the OU guy walks away from this 26 year dysfunction. Regardless, most also don't realize he hasn't even had one week with what is going to be our full WR group. He has Brown, no Pollard at this time.

16. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

49,663 Messages
    33,471 Likes Received
    There is almost no way you can pay a QB 40 -50 million per year and also pay a WR 30 million.

The players around the QB has always mattered as much as the QB.

17. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

20,860 Messages
    18,110 Likes Received
    Dropped multiple TDs as a rookie. Hands and concentration are an issue.

Gotta fix the dropsies.

18. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

9,411 Messages
    6,325 Likes Received
    ....maybe he was mad at KMoore......you think?

glimmerman likes this.
  19. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

27,261 Messages
    27,485 Likes Received
    He hated him running curl routes all the time.

20. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

6,573 Messages
    5,408 Likes Received

This. I really don't miss him @ all‐ only the compensation we received was mortifyingly bad

glimmerman likes this.