Could Signing RB Kareem Hunt Add To Tony Pollard Lightning

Jipper

Reaction score
Maybe, but I don’t understand wanting to bring in one RB with little tread on the tires after getting rid of the other guy with little tread left.
I'd like to see if hunt has anything left honestly but he may be more of a name than a player at this point...but a cautious deal wouldn't be a bad thing....

My question is who is going to be the between the tackles hard runs guy in the 3rd when Pollard needs a break and we need a 14 play 75 yard drive

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'd like to see if hunt has anything left honestly but he may be more of a name than a player at this point...but a cautious deal wouldn't be a bad thing....

My question is who is going to be the between the tackles hard runs guy in the 3rd when Pollard needs a break and we need a 14 play 75 yard drive

I mean, him competing with Ronald Jones isn't a bad thing.

starfan1

Reaction score

I think TPS strength is underrated if the blocking is there he’ll be fine

CWR

Reaction score

There were whispers from Cleveland he had lost a step.

However, I'd be interested to know how much mileage he has left. He was only a full time back briefly at KC.

EDIT: <900 career carries

Jipper

Reaction score
i dont question TP's strength or blocking...if he is going to be able to handle the full load it would be great to have a thunder type of back the can come in and be that physical workhorse when the defense is on their heels...then TP gets a little break and comes back in to explode.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

I’m with you on that. And to be honest if hunt is open to a prove it type of contract I’m all for it. I know last year he was wanting a new deal with the browns. Maybe his stance has changed given the market for veteran RBs , but I’m skeptical.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Idk, he got stonewalled at the LOS on short yardage often last year. I think the cowboys need a short yardage/goal line back. Maybe that’s on the roster already, I’m not sure. Seems like TP just doesn’t have the body mass to create a push in heavy sets and to be honest I’m not sure it makes sense to waste those touches on TP anyways.

starfan1

Reaction score
i dont question TP's strength or blocking...if he is going to be able to handle the full load it would be great to have a thunder type of back the can come in and be that physical workhorse when the defense is on their heels...then TP gets a little break and comes back in to explode.
Rbbc is probably the plan .I don’t think a full load is the direction they want to go but I could be wrong

I am interested to see if they use the fullback more and if Vaughn and 1 of the other 2 get carry’s . I don’t think Johnson
Makes final roster

starfan1

Reaction score
Idk, he got stonewalled at the LOS on short yardage often last year. I think the cowboys need a short yardage/goal line back. Maybe that’s on the roster already, I’m not sure. Seems like TP just doesn’t have the body mass to create a push in heavy sets and to be honest I’m not sure it makes sense to waste those touches on TP anyways.
We’ll see but I dont remember him getting stonewalled that much in fact I don’t remember him being used that much in that situation

I think the line was a bigger issue than the backs. McGovern was getting pushed back and so was Tyler b early on but he got better